PDA

View Full Version : campaign outings 2.0

07-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Here are this quarter's outings. There weren't as many employee contributions this time but Fred Levin made up for it.

My dear late Pappy used to say something about laying with dogs....

Richard Goodwin 500.00
Greg Nesmith 100.00
Christine Magruder 500.00
Charles "Major" Grant 500.00

Buzz Ritchie 100.00 Why so little, Buzz?

The following were received on 06/30/07, the last day of the reporting period.

Mike Papantonio 500.00
Terri Papantonio 500.00
Fred Levin 500.00
Marilyn Levin 500.00
Troy Rafferty 500.00
Ashley Rafferty 500.00
Robert Blanchard 500.00
Mark Proctor 500.00
Mary Proctor 500.00
Larry Morris 500.00

And lastly:
Things that make you go Hmmm...
:?: What is it about Ronnie Mac that makes Pakistani business owners want to give him money every quarter? :shock:

07-16-2007, 02:33 AM
It's a conspiracy I tell you. Ronnie Mac is trying to take over the world by aligning himself with Middle Eastern motel owners. That is only the first step. Be careful, he might have Homeland Security following you around now, just like David Craig.

07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Did Morgan get anything over 20 bucks this time? Could you post his?

07-16-2007, 12:12 PM
He has the backing of law enforcement in this area. Post his LEO contributors please, oh wait, you did :)

07-16-2007, 02:43 PM
There is no conspiracy or terrorism undertones that motivates some local Middle Eastern business owners to give money to Mcnesby. These business folk remember how business is done in their former Third World countries and Escambia County isn't any different. The government official who has the ability to disrupt your earnings, however they are earned, should be kept happy and at a distance.

These people have a better understanding for how Escambia County works than most people who were born and raised here.

07-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Let's point out both sides of this coin:

David Morgan took in $3,836.32 last quarter (Playing his misinfomercials and begging for funds more than ever)

David Morgan spent $5,153.93 last quarter ($4,000 of that went to RNN news owned by our favorite reporter wannabe David Craig. Must be nice for one person to make more off Morgan's campaign than Morgan's campaign took in...BTW That's over $10,000 in expenditures to RNN news so far.)

Morgan had a net loss of $1,317.61 for the quarter

So far Morgan has raised $18,340.72, but he has spent $15,638.55. That leaves him with a whopping $2,702.17 in his warchest. To me that shows what his budgetary spending habits are like. Just for reference McNesby raised over $103,000 so far and spent about $740.00, leaving over $102,000)

As far as outings go the only person who gave $500 to Morgan last quarter was another ex-deputy, Gary Demetreon. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he fired while still in training for getting involved in a high speed chase in his personal vehicle where the suspect crashed?

07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Let's see how many $500 donations Scapecchi is gonna get. :wink:

07-17-2007, 03:48 AM
Yes, McNesby has already collected a lot of money. Most of it coming from fat cats, vendors who hold contracts with the Sheriffs Department, defense attorneys and employees who have been hired into or promoted to high paying jobs and who expect to be rewarded even more if he’s re-elected. It’s also true he will collect even more as it gets closer to the election from even more who expect to reap monetary benefits from his tenure in office.

History will tell even a first year State and Local Government college major that incumbency will guarantee the ability to collect more campaign spending money than any who challenges him. My question to those of you who are impressed with McNesby because he holds the power of the incumbency giving him that money collecting ability, is would you be as impressed with him if he suddenly lost the incumbency power and had to run on his track record of what kind of job he’s done the last 6 ½ years? He should be judged only on that record, not on the record of how much money he and his cronies can stiff arm from contributors.

I’d vote quicker for a candidate who can get 1,000 to give him $10 each than one who can only get 20 to give him $500 each. The former obviously has more support and the latter expects to buy his way into office. Unfortunately too many of our elected officials get into office by buying their way in with glitzy high profile public relation advertising schemes that a shoe string candidate cannot afford.

If you want to try to convince me to vote again for McNesby, you’re going to have to show me how he can run the department more efficiently than he has so far. So far he has been the biggest spending Sheriff in the history of Escambia County and we have little to show for it expect for a huge tax bill.

07-17-2007, 06:27 AM
I would have to agree with that post. Think also about who is on Harrys list. I see some that gave the cash but WILL NOT vote for him. It is protection money in some cases.

07-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey everyone,
Has anyone figured out yet why one of the S.O. Lieutenents would want to run the SO.? What job did he hold when he was in the S.O.? Could he have been the head of the Narcotics unit and who would guess that this smacks of a red flag. He talks of integrity, well if that is, excuse me, get the dictionary out for the definition.
A person from the S. O. does not need to be the Sheriff, simply said, we have had enough of the good ole boys, and when you look at the Levin Firm, now why would they give so much money to the candidate, well guess what, could it be for control of certain things? Yes!!!
Integrity has to be earned, and so far, we have not seen that out of the candidates, only time will tell, and if we vote carelessly, then we will have to pay the price big time.

07-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Your post said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about why this LT. should not be elected. Some comment about him being in the narcotics unit, but nohting that I could understand as to why that was bad. Are you saying narcotics officers are bad candidates, or what?

Support your opinion with something that at least looks like fact.

07-24-2007, 11:39 PM
If the election was held today, considering the choices currently available for the Sheriff position, I would vote for Scapecchi. :D

07-25-2007, 01:44 AM
same ole, from reading your post you must have a beef with someone from the narcotics unit. Sounds like maybe you were busted for smoking crack from reading your hard to read comment.

07-27-2007, 01:13 PM
We don't have outings here...this isn't Arety's RMPT.COM, get over your selves.