PDA

View Full Version : If you are thinking of applying

07-14-2007, 02:35 AM
Alright everyone. Your thoughts.
What should we tell people that are considering applying to Wilton Manors.
One at a time please.

07-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Well if you leave, then they can apply. Once you get rid of the bitter negativity the department can grow.

07-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Well if you leave, then they can apply. Once you get rid of the bitter negativity the department can grow.

Chief is that you? Dont worry ill keep an eye on this post so nobody says anything bad about you.

07-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Its very hard to see the reality of these posts if you have never been an officer before. As an officer you are only as credible and respected as your agency is. This agency, if you can call it that, is led by one of the WORST possible "Leaders" around.

Read over the posts. Look at what the FLPD officers are posting on here. Its not only us WMPD officers that do not trust or respect our chief, but several people who used to work with him at his former agency. Now dont be confused by the few posts on here that support the chief, he can write on here about how great of a person he is all he wants.

Now if you have been fired, forced to resign, have numerous IAs, are teatering on the edge of losing you certificate or have a criminal record, you can pick up an application in the lobby of the police station at 524 NE 21 Ct.

07-15-2007, 04:42 PM
You make it sound as if I can come back. Of course if I could come back it would only be for one reason, to work with you oldtimers once again. I smile just thinking of the fun we could have again. Oh well, at least we have the memories.

07-15-2007, 04:43 PM
You make it sound as if I can come back. Of course if I could come back it would only be for one reason, to work with you oldtimers once again. I smile just thinking of the fun we could have again. Oh well, at least we have the memories.

07-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Its very hard to see the reality of these posts if you have never been an officer before. As an officer you are only as credible and respected as your agency is. This agency, if you can call it that, is led by one of the WORST possible "Leaders" around.

Read over the posts. Look at what the FLPD officers are posting on here. Its not only us WMPD officers that do not trust or respect our chief, but several people who used to work with him at his former agency. Now dont be confused by the few posts on here that support the chief, he can write on here about how great of a person he is all he wants.

Now if you have been fired, forced to resign, have numerous IAs, are teatering on the edge of losing you certificate or have a criminal record, you can pick up an application in the lobby of the police station at 524 NE 21 Ct.

OOPS Sorry that one got by me chief. Im working on finding out who wrote it though. btw. can i get my desk facing so i can look into my future sergeants dreamy eyes?

07-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Sorry about that first comment. Now that I have posted it, it sounds a little gay. I wouldn't want that, you might mistake me for someone else. I guess I just wanted to say I always had fun working there (almost 8 years ago).

07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
It absolutely blows my mind to read all the things about this agency. It was at one time a premier spot in Law Enforcement in South Florida. The best uniformed patrol,Detective Bureau and special units around. It is hard to believe that one person can erase all the good that so many of us worked so hard to build. Shame on you Chief. Get a clue.

08-01-2007, 12:54 PM
DO NOT APPLY HERE! PLEASE. We are struggling here to fix some huge problems. If you apply and get hired with us now you will
1.Be asked to sell out your fellow brothers, snitch on them, turn a blind eye to an unethical administration or
2. you will be miserable and looking for your next job right away.

Our morale is lower than I can describe right now. If the city commision and mayor are listening and reading this THINK ABOUT IT. Get rid of ONE guy who is the problem or risk losing many more hard working cops and eventually your police department. If you are listening to this ONE guy he is lying to you. Stop praising him, he is going to embarass you. You got rid of some that you wanted gone so move on. Listen to the people you still have here and have had working for you for years. Even most of the people on this guys "team" will be happy to see him go. Just ask. You know we are right. It is up to you. You still have some time to save this place, unless you really dont want to save this place. Please!!!!

08-01-2007, 06:43 PM
DO NOT APPLY HERE! PLEASE. We are struggling here to fix some huge problems. If you apply and get hired with us now you will
1.Be asked to sell out your fellow brothers, snitch on them, turn a blind eye to an unethical administration or

Our morale is lower than I can describe right now. If the city commision and mayor are listening and reading this THINK ABOUT IT. Get rid of ONE guy who is the problem or risk losing many more hard working cops and eventually your police department. If you are listening to this ONE guy he is lying to you. Stop praising him, he is going to embarass you. You got rid of some that you wanted gone so move on. Listen to the people you still have here and have had working for you for years. Even most of the people on this guys "team" will be happy to see him go. Just ask. You know we are right. It is up to you. You still have some time to save this place, unless you really dont want to save this place. Please!!!! Way to late to save this PD.It will get worse each passing day. Now is the time to leave if you can. Others are.

08-01-2007, 07:27 PM

Our morale is lower than I can describe right now. If the city commision and mayor are listening and reading this THINK ABOUT IT. Get rid of ONE guy who is the problem or risk losing many more hard working cops and eventually your police department. If you are listening to this ONE guy he is lying to you. Stop praising him, he is going to embarass you. You got rid of some that you wanted gone so move on. Listen to the people you still have here and have had working for you for years. Even most of the people on this guys "team" will be happy to see him go. Just ask. You know we are right. It is up to you. You still have some time to save this place, unless you really dont want to save this place. Please!!!!

I agree with NMT. If the mayor does nothing, we will suffer under this chief for years with high turnover rates and lawsuits etc. He did what they hired him to do... now get rid of him and let us get back to work.

08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
I'm not really sure I like this whole LEO affairs forum, although I'll admit that I have posted once or twice. One thing I do know is that there would not be a LEO affairs forum under the old administration because only one or two people would have ever posted to it, it would have been easier for them to talk to each other on the phone.

08-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I am a very qualified Law Enforcemet Officer looking to relocate to the Ft. Lauderdale area. As many departments are on a freeze with their Sworn Law Enforcement positions, I happen to hear about Wilton Manors Police and some of their benefits. When I began to look into Wilton Manors Police, I googled "Wilton Manors Police" and that is how I found this site. All I can say is it is unbelieveable. I plan on moving not because I am working for a poor police department. As a matter of fact, I consider it one of the top organizations in Northern Florida and you will never see my current PD on this site. I am moving for family reasons. After reading these posts, I will not be applying for this PD. It is a shame about all the things being said about this PD. If just a quarter of this information is true, it still would never interest me to apply now or in the future. I will just have to put my plans on hold until some other agencies begin to hire. This will be the first and definately the last time I post on this site. It upsets my stomach just reading these things.

08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
I am a very qualified Law Enforcemet Officer looking to relocate to the Ft. Lauderdale area. As many departments are on a freeze with their Sworn Law Enforcement positions, I happen to hear about Wilton Manors Police and some of their benefits. When I began to look into Wilton Manors Police, I googled "Wilton Manors Police" and that is how I found this site. All I can say is it is unbelieveable. I plan on moving not because I am working for a poor police department. As a matter of fact, I consider it one of the top organizations in Northern Florida and you will never see my current PD on this site. I am moving for family reasons. After reading these posts, I will not be applying for this PD. It is a shame about all the things being said about this PD. If just a quarter of this information is true, it still would never interest me to apply now or in the future. I will just have to put my plans on hold until some other agencies begin to hire. This will be the first and definately the last time I post on this site. It upsets my stomach just reading these things.

Stay away, very far away from this P.D. if you want to relocate and join a PROFESSIONAL Police Department. Call the Broward County PBA at 584-7600 to see if they have a list of the PD's or Sheriffs Offices that are hiring. This administration and city council has destroyed the Wilton Manors Police Department. I feel sick to my stomach everytime I walk through the back door into the building to report for my shift. Please listen to my advice brother and it will serve you well.