PDA

View Full Version : Book: "Honor" Above All Else

07-13-2007, 11:39 PM
As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed my 35 yrs. in law enforcement and the majority of the people I worked with. As for me, I feel like I was a big part of "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

Dennis Wise

07-14-2007, 01:01 AM
Oh, Wise One, it's good to see that you have been active after retirement.
I hope you did not write about every thing during the time we were working the "Hill". :lol:

07-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Jackie shut up an get back in your grave!

07-14-2007, 01:33 PM
You KNOW I did! Surprisingly, they even printed it!! :devil: :cop:

I still have people trying to walk out with my Buford T items. :lol:

07-14-2007, 03:17 PM
As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed my 35 yrs. in law enforcement and the majority of the people I worked with. As for me, I feel like I was a big part of "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

Dennis Wise

I have known the author of this book for many years. I can verify the authenticity of many of the tales from first hand knowledge and from reputable resources other than the author. I have read the book it is interesting reading. I encourage everyone to read it. Some of it was very eye opening, even with being in law enforcement. I have been "on the job" for over 20 years myself. It has definitely been interesting. I would not change professions with anyone. It is the best ride for the money, even with the politics, lousy pay, etc.

07-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Dennis Wise

I have known the author of this book for many years. I can verify the authenticity of many of the tales from first hand knowledge and from reputable resources other than the author. I have read the book it is interesting reading. I encourage everyone to read it. Some of it was very eye opening, even with being in law enforcement. I have been "on the job" for over 20 years myself. It has definitely been interesting. I would not change professions with anyone. It is the best ride for the money, even with the politics, lousy pay, etc.

What a shameless self-serving plug you have given yourself Dennis Wise. You logged on as a guest blasting Goldberg in his quest to become the next Broward County Sheriff while making yourself (in the third person) look like a saint. Well Buddy, I read your piece of self serving trash that you called a book. Having worked around you in the past, I noticed that you left so much out. How can you talk about Honor and your form letter from the President without being a hippocrit? Oh, Daniel Wise - you are not so wise after all. I think you have opened a can of worms that will overtake you and your so-called honorable reputation. With so many in the BSO community that know you personally I wonder what will be uncovered.........

Mike G.

07-15-2007, 03:06 PM
What a shameless self-serving plug you have given yourself Dennis Wise. You logged on as a guest blasting Goldberg in his quest to become the next Broward County Sheriff while making yourself (in the third person) look like a saint. Well Buddy, I read your piece of self serving trash that you called a book. Having worked around you in the past, I noticed that you left so much out. How can you talk about Honor and your form letter from the President without being a hippocrit? Oh, Daniel Wise - you are not so wise after all. I think you have opened a can of worms that will overtake you and your so-called honorable reputation. With so many in the BSO community that know you personally I wonder what will be uncovered.........

Mike G.[/quote]

I knew Dennis Wise the entire time he worked at BSO and shared many of the experiences that he has written about. "Shameless plug" what does that mean, there is nothing in the book that is not true. You call Dennis Buddy in your second line and then seem to forget his name right after calling him a hypocrite (which you should obviously consult a dictionary before trying to spell) and should KNOW who the hypocrite actually is) and go on to call him Daniel.....are you sure you know who you are talking about? For that matter are you sure you are not suffering from an inferiority complex or has dementia set in that badly? I do not recall anywhere Dennis referring to Danny Goldberg in his book or on any site! I truly believe the BSO community that knows Dennis Wise will be able to shed light on who the hypocrite here really is, and as to the "form" letter from the President, I have personally seen it and it is referring to his "Vests for Life" program (as stated in the book)and I doubt they have such form letters at the White House. How many other people do you know that have started such a program to save other officer's lives?

07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Dennis, what happened, flashlight sales are going poorly ?

07-15-2007, 10:52 PM

Mike G.

I don't know who Mike G. is or why he has slammed Dennis, but I did work with Dennis in the Magic Kindom of Lauderdale Lakes for a few years. I do have personal knowledge of a couple things in the book and they did happen like Dennis described them. Some people may think this is a book of fiction...well truth is stranger than fiction. Think back on some of the weird things you have seen in your career. This stuff does in fact happen.

Dennis, if you read this, I really enjoyed the book and thanks for not mentioning me. I still have a few years to fly under the radar!

District 4 no more :twisted: :twisted:

07-15-2007, 11:35 PM
[quote="Dennis Wise":lfneliz7]As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Dennis Wise

Is that you Mike Goldstein? Hey Dennis, do you remember the "YOU HAVE NO CLUE" award? That was too funny. Let me know if you remember.

Mike G.[/quote:lfneliz7]

07-15-2007, 11:54 PM
[quote="Dennis Wise":308ls9cy]As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Dennis Wise

Mike G.[/quote:308ls9cy]

Hey Mike G. !!!
Get your facts straight before you start making false accusations. Not a very thorough investigation on your part. NEVER make assumptions because they will come back at you. :oops: I am the one that made that post, not Dennis. He did not even know about this web site until I told him about it a couple of days ago. I have known Dennis for over twenty years. I would trust him with anything, including my life, which is more than I can say for some other law enforcement officers. 8) :cop:

07-16-2007, 12:07 AM
[quote="Dennis Wise":rasnibdr]As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Dennis Wise

Is that you Mike Goldstein? Hey Dennis, do you remember the "YOU HAVE NO CLUE" award? That was too funny. Let me know if you remember.

Mike G.[/quote:rasnibdr]

It is you that has no clue. :oops: I am the one that said the things about Goldberg. I worked with him before his failed attempt to become sheriff in the 1980's. He could not solve a case if the culprit came in and confessed after being read Miranda. :roll: Get your facts straight before making assumptions.
:snicker: :devil: :cop:

07-16-2007, 02:28 AM
Do I remember it? I still have it framed.....one of the funniest things that came out of district 4.....had so much fun with it, and still talk about it today.

07-16-2007, 05:39 AM
OMG, Dennis, from the hallowed walls of Double D at 7300 W Commercial to Writing a war story book, you,Alex McDonald, Cherokee McDonald, holy crap what stories we have to tell. I would prefer to do an animation or comic strip, satarizing guys like, Danny G, The Jewelry Weasel, Trucker Pete...what a pretty boy...never a mirror he didn't like...Randy is sooooo frikiiing bald. Hope Nick is well,,,,, Chuck the Walrus(The Poacher of Wives),,,. Love reading all the stuff on the blogs. Brings back some good memories of you and the guys, and lots of bitter forgotten memories of treachery, still read the sentinel, see Roberts is still a scum bag, Seidlins and idiot, Jenne is Getting his rewards, Poor Gary is getting bum wrapped whilst scum like Mike Goldstein, Art Carney, Frank Marshall, Jim Durkis and the most evil scum of all Brian Montgomery go free. Brian if ever there was a man who needed to be 'fragged' you are him. And Mike can go with him, and take that slut secretary Sue with yaz. Oh the treachery. They have all wrought on hard working cops with families just wanting to spend timer with their kids, pay the mortgage and child support. Glad to see you are well. Hope all is good for you. May have to read the book. BTW, your patch collection was lost in moving, may still be at Rabbit Hill Storage in St Aug,,,,,owned by another those snake retired cop. Honestly do not miss So Flo or the misery and B.S. one friend still calls to grouse about how much he hates working there. I see Sleepy Ole Tamarac has turned into a shooting gallery. What a Shame, How yous guys in the Hill used to bust on us T P D guys about sleepy ole Tamarac and how much more happening the Hill was cuz you was BSO. Wahoo. They have ruined some good police departments in their day. But so have the march of time and crime. Now it's all a shit hole. Then along came the cheese eaters, the PBA and the FLOP FOP. Ruined a good thing. Thank Gawd I am out of the biz. Do not miss it at all. I miss Ole St Aug but not SOFLO. The humidity, the heat and the assholes. I swear it's something in that water at the courthouse, makes em crazy. LOL, Dennis enjoy life to the best of your potential,,,,,,Roscoe.

07-16-2007, 05:46 PM
[quote="Dennis Wise":rq4o2shf]As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Dennis Wise

Mike G.[/quote:rq4o2shf]

Hey Mike Goldstein......... do you remember your special friend, Deenie Ewing and all the secret meetings you had with Ewing at the District 4 office on Alpha shift, WE ALL SURELY REMEMBER!!!!! Seems your unit and her unit spent alot of time in the parking lot during the shift and you were no where to be found......... maybe more will be posted here so you can take your place among those "HONORABLE MEN" :snicker:

07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
[quote=Anonymous][quote="Dennis Wise":3vht2wu2]As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Dennis Wise

Mike G.[/quote:3vht2wu2]

It is you that has no clue. :oops: I am the one that said the things about Goldberg. I worked with him before his failed attempt to become sheriff in the 1980's. He could not solve a case if the culprit came in and confessed after being read Miranda. :roll: Get your facts straight before making assumptions.
:snicker: :devil: :cop:[/quote:3vht2wu2]

OK, something got lost in this translation. All I wrote was the following:

Is that you Mike Goldstein? Hey Dennis, do you remember the "YOU HAVE NO CLUE" award? That was too funny. Let me know if you remember. I thought it was Mike Goldstein bad mouthing Dennis. I know Dennis, and I worked with him. Dennis and I had an award called "YOU HAVE NO CLUE". We use to give this award to each other as a joke. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess I don't know how to use this blog, and what I did was respond to Dennis, not Mike G.

07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
What an awsome book, Honor Above All Else! I'm also in law enforcement and your book tells it like it is. I have purchased a two copies of it, one for me and one for another fellow deputy. The public really needs to read this so they can see how some things are swept underneath the rug at our great law enforcement offices. And talk about corruption in law enforcement....we are suppose to be setting good examples to the public as being highly honest anf fair to all mankind, huh...not in Walton County, Florida. Dennis Wise, thanks again for putting into words what alot of us behind the badge see everyday in the law enforcement community.

07-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Sorry America. :oops:
It sounded like you were Mike G. and you were slamming Dennis. :x
I have known Dennis for over 20 years and I trust him implicitely. :cop: I would trust him with my life if it came to it. :!:
Please accept my apology. :oops:

07-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry America. :oops:
It sounded like you were Mike G. and you were slamming Dennis. :x
I have known Dennis for over 20 years and I trust him implicitely. :cop: I would trust him with my life if it came to it. :!:
Please accept my apology. :oops:

Thank you for being nice and sending the apology. I also worked with Dennis when I was in Lauderhill. We had the funniest, greatest time in the world. Glad to see you're a friend too. Thanks.. :P

07-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Ooooohwee. forgot about that one. Seem to remember she got railroaded off the job after someone started moving up the ladder. My favorite was Webster and the Dispatcher in the Lakes Parking lot. Man that dude never washed or ironed a shirt. What she saw in him I will never understand. Dennis isnot the only guy who could write a book. We all could. Way too much shennanigan's. Mover over Wambaugh.

07-18-2007, 01:00 PM
OMG, Dennis, from the hallowed walls of Double D at 7300 W Commercial to Writing a war story book, you,Alex McDonald, Cherokee McDonald, holy crap what stories we have to tell. I would prefer to do an animation or comic strip, satarizing guys like, Danny G, The Jewelry Weasel, Trucker Pete...what a pretty boy...never a mirror he didn't like...Randy is sooooo frikiiing bald. Hope Nick is well,,,,, Chuck the Walrus(The Poacher of Wives),,,. Love reading all the stuff on the blogs. Brings back some good memories of you and the guys, and lots of bitter forgotten memories of treachery, still read the sentinel, see Roberts is still a scum bag, Seidlins and idiot, Jenne is Getting his rewards, Poor Gary is getting bum wrapped whilst scum like Mike Goldstein, Art Carney, Frank Marshall, Jim Durkis and the most evil scum of all Brian Montgomery go free. Brian if ever there was a man who needed to be 'fragged' you are him. And Mike can go with him, and take that slut secretary Sue with yaz. Oh the treachery. They have all wrought on hard working cops with families just wanting to spend timer with their kids, pay the mortgage and child support. Glad to see you are well. Hope all is good for you. May have to read the book. BTW, your patch collection was lost in moving, may still be at Rabbit Hill Storage in St Aug,,,,,owned by another those snake retired cop. Honestly do not miss So Flo or the misery and B.S. one friend still calls to grouse about how much he hates working there. I see Sleepy Ole Tamarac has turned into a shooting gallery. What a Shame, How yous guys in the Hill used to bust on us T P D guys about sleepy ole Tamarac and how much more happening the Hill was cuz you was BSO. Wahoo. They have ruined some good police departments in their day. But so have the march of time and crime. Now it's all a shizzat hole. Then along came the cheese eaters, the PBA and the FLOP FOP. Ruined a good thing. Thank Gawd I am out of the biz. Do not miss it at all. I miss Ole St Aug but not SOFLO. The humidity, the heat and the meany. I swear it's something in that water at the courthouse, makes em crazy. LOL, Dennis enjoy life to the best of your potential,,,,,,Roscoe.

Always a pleasure hearing from you! If you're ever in the neighborhood, please stop in and we'll share a couple of pots of coffee as we play catch up and do you remember when.....or who :lol: . And if you ever do find my patch collection, I would like to have it come home....even better if you deliver it yourself! You should get my book, AND read it! :D I KNOW you'll remember a lot of the stories and the people. :snicker:

07-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Dennis, Wonderful to get the message from you. Always, great to chat with real cops who knew how to pour water out off their boots. The Mrs. and I maybe coming down Orlando way in the near future the dear lady who introduced us is fighting breast cancer as is my sister. So we will be coming down to Fla soon. As for your patch collection,,,,Contact Rabbit Hill Storage in St Augustine, Fla. The guy is an old school chum and retired cop. He screwed me... ( Que Suprise' ... a cop screwing another cop, OMG,,,,and we were members of the same church too!). on my storage rental their and took all the property in the unit. It was in storage there. And that is the last I saw of it. My email is ipaintu96@hotmail.com keep in touch and save me some shrimps bud!.

07-28-2007, 02:38 AM
[quote="Roscoe MakemDo TheChicken"]Dennis, Wonderful to get the message from you. Always, great to chat with real cops who knew how to pour water out off their boots. The Mrs. and I maybe coming down Orlando way in the near future the dear lady who introduced us is fighting breast cancer as is my sister. So we will be coming down to Fla soon. As for your patch collection,,,,Contact Rabbit Hill Storage in St Augustine, Fla. The guy is an old school chum and retired cop. He screwed me... ( Que Suprise' ... a cop screwing another cop, OMG,,,,and we were members of the same church too!). on my storage rental their and took all the property in the unit. It was in storage there. And that is the last I saw of it.

DENNIS,

Just read that you have lost your collection.
OH MY GOD. How have you survived?????????????
Let me know if you need some. I can spare some from the "old" days.

07-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Hey Sarge, This was a different collection from back in the 80's I bought from Dennis. This is not the big collection. I was trying to help hime recover them from the place where I had them stored.

04-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Dennis Wise should not be selling his craap on this site. It is for official use only.