PDA

View Full Version : Department Questions

07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Looking for some info on thedepartment, website is vague.

Whats the morale like?

Do they have take home cars?

Whats the schedule like?

Does anyone know how often and how many they hire r when theh iring freeze is over?

07-23-2007, 02:44 AM
when i was there, the morale was hgh
they work 4/10 shifts. they are either tues-fri, or fri-mon. the hours are 7a-5p, 11a-9p, 5p-3a, 9p-7a.
there is a lot of overtime if you want to work it
they now are giving you a take home after about 2.5 years, i think.
it is a very busy and active department.
they just got a pay raise, the starting salary is over 40 now.
its a great agency!

10-13-2007, 03:12 AM
How many FTE? How many sworn?

10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Its a training agency for young officers. They get experience and leave within 3 years. For Those that stay they throw them a bone (speciality unit), however those officers get tired of the B.S. after 5-7 years and leave.

For the majority of the officers who stay they take the early retirement at 15 years.

You can tell if an agency is good by seeing how many officers make it to a full 25 year retirement. Hardly any do at FMPD.

03-17-2008, 04:46 AM
Hello

03-20-2008, 07:06 PM
there are alot of officers that make it to the 25 year mark. alot of officers leave because they say its too busy wich it is at times. alot of people leave becausae they dont get the specialty units, and wit ha department of 200 not everyone can do k9 or swat. there really isnt that much bs either, if your a good officer and do your job you will do well at fmpd. we also have the nicest cars in lee county!

04-09-2008, 12:38 AM
dude you are from another planet, this dept. reeks of chronie-ism double standards, and attacks on anyone who come here with a head on his shoulder or experience. the place is a private playground for an incompitent admin. the sporanos are run fairer. stop ass kissing and look around -people flee for other depts.

04-11-2008, 02:01 AM
MORALE IS HORRIBLE HERE AND HAS BEEN FOR YEARS, THIS IS AN AGENCY RUN LIKE A CRIME FAMILY WITH UNFAIR ,SHOCKING PROMOTIONS BASED ON ALL BUT MERIT ,AND BY THE WAY HIGH SCORE, DOUBLE STANDARDS "CLIKS", RATS, BI-POLAR BOSSES, LACK OF CAMARADERIE, NO RELATIONS WITH SURROUNDING AGENCIES, AND 80% OF DEPT. LIVES OUTSIDE CITY. OH-DID I MENTION THE TURNOVER AND HAZING HARASSMENT OF OUT OF STATE COPS WHO COME HERE...SURE SIGN ON!!!!!!!!!!

04-11-2008, 05:23 PM
THE LAST PART IS WHY MOST PEOPLE LEAVE.

04-11-2008, 08:32 PM
FMPD"R wrote
there are alot of officers that make it to the 25 year mark. alot of officers leave because they say its too busy wich it is at times. alot of people leave becausae they dont get the specialty units, and wit ha department of 200 not everyone can do k9 or swat. there really isnt that much bs either, if your a good officer and do your job you will do well at fmpd. we also have the nicest cars in lee county!

Are you out of your mind? Lets start with #231 I know he left this place, and count the current highest badge number. You will see that a very high majority of these people have left for other agencies. This is no place to spend 25 years unless you want to retire and be so burnt out you cant enjoy it.

04-13-2008, 07:39 AM
i still have not seen or know of any harrassment or people that left because they were being harrased for being from the north. most people leave because they rather work where they dont get any calls; and i dont no of any bi polar crazy supervisors. ALSO someone mentioned how if you do stay around more than 5 years, they throw you the specialty position of your choice to keep you. But let me ask, isnt that the way its suppoed to be??? Are you saying that specialty positions should go to the people fresh out of the academy???

04-16-2008, 12:32 AM
if you havent seen harassment or bias-then you need to come out from under the bosses ass. here are the facts you jerk ,of the 15 certified LEO's we have gotten in the last 2 yeats alone,12 have left -or been hazed or harassed into leaving ,or outright set up for dicipline over minor offences or for things they should have done that are then twisted into an IA. people leave at the rate of 20% a year,,most to other agencies not the other way around. and by the way ,in the last 2 or 3 years 20 or so people retired-only 2 did full term,so dont sell this bag of goods to anyone,you just dont know any better.

04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
all the above is the reason why I left..........and I am better for it!

04-17-2008, 05:48 AM
ok well you seem to be disgruntled. and you say its all the CERTIFIED people that leave, so maybe they are the problem, i came in certified and never had a problem. the new recruits came in with like 20 at a time, 10 a time, and then 5 and 5 and all of them seem to be doing fine.

04-17-2008, 01:40 PM
how can you say that you jerk, certified cops came from everywhere! how can they be the problem,where were you certified from,macy"s security? many came from successful agencies who's cities turned crime around, where does this agency stand out except for the highest crime rate south of tampa?? and listen ass boy,as for the rookies ,we wouldnt have to hire 10 or 20 at a time if people didnt flee from this mis managed sinking ship, and besides these young people NEED jobs, its not because its some great place. being realistic and yearning for a change positive -is not disgruntled moron. When a new admin comes in and levels the field, maybe we can become a progressive agency,with RESULTS to prove it?!!! c'mon, you're really a csa aren't you?? its blind asskissers like you that will follow these current admin clowns to the circus,

04-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Not disgruntled, just never felt at home there.

04-21-2008, 05:15 AM
Look at your FTOs. The problem lies there. They wash good people out. FMPD has lost many good police officers because of these losers.

04-30-2008, 11:32 PM
My opinion, if anyone cares, is that officers are NOT treated fairly at this agency. An officer that has more then several IA's which involves the use of force is still with this agency TODAY and Serge who had such a minor incident, "yes one minor incident", was terminated. I only have one question to those individuals who was involved getting Serge fired, "How in the world can you look at yourself in Mirror". I can see why the morale is low. If you speak up or complain, "Your outta here!" you might as well put a huge X on your back because "YOU, MY FRIEND", is the next to go. I would like to see someone like Mike Scott run this agency. Someone is Honest, Fair, Well Liked and Gets Involve and is NOT afraid to back up his officers. WOW, that would be fantastic!

By the way, I have ABSOLUTELY no respect for ***kissers.