PDA

View Full Version : THE GUAVA REPUBLIC

07-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Recently a few City of Miami Officers have been insulted that we are using the moniker Banana Republic as a moniker for our City of Progress.

After much thought I have come up with a solution. Anyone who has ever seen the bumper stickers after September 11, 2001, or worked the July 4, 2007 festival at Milander knows the following.

The City fathers truly believe they are a seperate entity from this country.
NOW MORE THAN EVER HIALEAH SUPPORTS AMERICA.

And to add to that anybody who works for our Department knows the administration does not believe or care about the Constitution or past case law when it comes to Officers rights. The hell with federal labor law when it comes to comp time. when it comes to Officers not incriminating themselves on Response to Resisatance reports, who cares, Etc, Etc, Etc.

And lets not forget our honorable Mayor who promised so much, such as 1 to 1 car ratios, fixing the MDT problems or just plain fixing our morale.
He has procrastinated and stalled and we are continuing a downward spiral because of it.

So as you say just about everybody in charge in our Department and City is full of as Tennesee Williams would say Mendacity.

Translation-
Mendacity another word for bull---- or in spanish GUAYABA(Guava in english).

Therefore I proudly hail the City of Hialeah as the

GUAVA REPUBLIC

07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Recently a few City of Miami Officers have been insulted that we are using the moniker Banana Republic as a moniker for our City of Progress.

After much thought I have come up with a solution. Anyone who has ever seen the bumper stickers after September 11, 2001, or worked the July 4, 2007 festival at Milander knows the following.

The City fathers truly believe they are a seperate entity from this country.
NOW MORE THAN EVER HIALEAH SUPPORTS AMERICA.

And to add to that anybody who works for our Department knows the administration does not believe or care about the Constitution or past case law when it comes to Officers rights. The hell with federal labor law when it comes to comp time. when it comes to Officers not incriminating themselves on Response to Resisatance reports, who cares, Etc, Etc, Etc.

And lets not forget our honorable Mayor who promised so much, such as 1 to 1 car ratios, fixing the MDT problems or just plain fixing our morale.
He has procrastinated and stalled and we are continuing a downward spiral because of it.

So as you say just about everybody in charge in our Department and City is full of as Tennesee Williams would say Mendacity.

Translation-
Mendacity another word for bull---- or in spanish GUAYABA(Guava in english).

Therefore I proudly hail the City of Hialeah as the

GUAVA REPUBLIC

BRILLIANT!