PDA

View Full Version : Park Police

07-10-2007, 05:28 AM
I see they changed our name to Park Police on the DEP website. ??

07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
At least this administration is listening to our suggestions. I see many more good things in the future.

07-11-2007, 02:29 AM
So why dont the cars say Florida Park Police or Florida Park Patrol? I dont see FHP cars saying DHSMV

07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Although FHP vehicles don't say FHP, they do say "State Trooper". If I am correct, State Trooper means that they handle ALL calls, not just traffic crashes.

Personally, I like the state law enforcement decals on the cars. It keeps everybody wondering what we do. If they find out that we have to play tag with the park boundary fence post before we can write a dog off the leash ticket, then that blows our cover.

07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Can't say I really want to have Park anything on the side of my car. I don't want someone to think my jurisdiction ends at the park line. We've been wanting for years to be real cops. Lets not step backwards now with putting something on a car that makes us only look like park rangers with guns. State law enforcement suits me fine.

07-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Amen brother dont put anything on my car but state le. some of you guys or girls are so hung up on what you want to be called. i have been here 9 years and never had to identify myself as park anything. maybe those of you should just learn some new words and try your IPC and you shouldnt have that problem anymore. and by the way i work in the district that noone wants to work for and i dont dont play tag with a fence and will put my stats up to anyones and have only charged 1 62D.

my brothers and sisters dont take this as a stab at anyone! I love you all.
BE SAFE AND GOD BLESS.

PS::
LETS WORRY BOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$ AND NOT THE TITLE

07-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Inquiring Mind,

For your information FHP, State Trooper or whatever you want to call them handle just about everything that occurs on State Roads. It so happens that the majority of calls for service they handle are crashes. If you work in areas such as Miami your workload can consist of a variety of calls.

07-17-2007, 02:32 AM
So, are you saying FHP handles homicides (non-vehicular), sexual batteries and other crimes of violence in the SE part of the state ?

07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
In the many years I have been in law enforcement, I have yet to see a trooper handle any call but a traffic crash or a stranded motorist. The day a trooper handles an environmental call or a commercial vehicle inspection or an agricultural violation, I will go to work for FHP instead.

In my district a trooper can not and will not handle anything but a traffic crash. Maybe in the old days they handled everything, but not now.

If you are silly enough to listen to the crap that they (FHP) tell you in the academy in Tallahassee, then you deserve to stay a trooper. I have never seen a bigger load of whitewash given to the human race than what I have witnessed in the FHP academy. I guess that you have to fill them up with with hot air so troopers will think they are gods.

I know many troopers who are excellent in the profession. They are great people that deal with some crappy situations. I have great respect for the job that they perform, but to say that they can and will handle all calls given to them is a down right lie. Get with the program!

07-18-2007, 02:58 AM
Inquiring Mind,

Yes FHP handles other calls for service other than traffic crashes. I'll name a few just to cure your curiosity. Domestic disputes that occur on state roads, road rage incidents, suicide attempts, assaults & battery just to name a few. Granted they don't happen every day. You are correct if it's a major incident such as a robbery or homicide the Miami-Dade Police Department will handle. However, this is common with many municipalities in Miami-Dade where they investigate these types of incidents due to the lack of investigative resources. For your information FHP also has an investigative bureau responsible for investigations involving internal affairs, auto theft, identity theft, cargo theft and driver license fraud. In Miami-Dade County there are approximately 20 investigators charged with these tasks. We also have several members assigned to task forces such as South Florida IMPACT, the Miami-Dade Cargo Theft Task Force, the Auto Theft Task Force and a few others I don't recall. I appreciate the job every law enforcement agency does, but you should really investigate what other agencies do before you rag on them. Take care and be safe!

07-18-2007, 03:08 AM
Although FHP vehicles don't say FHP, they do say "State Trooper". If I am correct, State Trooper means that they handle ALL calls, not just traffic crashes.

Personally, I like the state law enforcement decals on the cars. It keeps everybody wondering what we do. If they find out that we have to play tag with the park boundary fence post before we can write a dog off the leash ticket, then that blows our cover.

The only truth to that is FHP does no more than FPP. State Trooper title is there only way of remembering that real State Troopers reiside in 49 other States :lol:

07-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Inquiring Mind,

Yes FHP handles other calls for service other than traffic crashes. I'll name a few just to cure your curiosity. Domestic disputes that occur on state roads, road rage incidents, suicide attempts, assaults & battery just to name a few. Granted they don't happen every day. You are correct if it's a major incident such as a robbery or homicide the Miami-Dade Police Department will handle. However, this is common with many municipalities in Miami-Dade where they investigate these types of incidents due to the lack of investigative resources. For your information FHP also has an investigative bureau responsible for investigations involving internal affairs, auto theft, identity theft, cargo theft and driver license fraud. In Miami-Dade County there are approximately 20 investigators charged with these tasks. We also have several members assigned to task forces such as South Florida IMPACT, the Miami-Dade Cargo Theft Task Force, the Auto Theft Task Force and a few others I don't recall. I appreciate the job every law enforcement agency does, but you should really investigate what other agencies do before you rag on them. Take care and be safe!

Ok you got me. Out of 67 counties they have one county that they actually need an Internal Affairs. (Thats not good) As far as traffic stuff (odometers,auto theft task force,Cargo Theft) No offense whover you are. Your on a task for for the Sheriff's Office IE..Miami Dade PD aka Dade co SO. Come on handle calls on state roads versus county roads. What have you been watching Real stories of the Hwy Patrol?
I have 18 years on a Deputy Sheriff and let me tell you thats a flat out BS. Cities handle all LE in the city and county cops handle the rest. You might trip over a domestic on the insterstate everynow and then but you darn sure dont get dispatched to them. I dont recall seeing 911 on the side of a trooper car.

man I cant believe the garbage they tell you in that academy. Hey their are 49 other academies in Florida. I wonder if they sell the same load of BS.. NOT :lol:

07-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Inquiring Mind,

O.K. That sounds fine and dandy. But look at what you just said. It is all traffic and/or driving related investigations. It has to do with either a vehicle or a D/L. End of story.

Thank you for your service, and thank you for clarifying what jobs your agency performs.

07-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Inquiring mind,

Grow up and get a life. Who really cares what a great deputy you are. Bottom line is you have no clue what real police work is like. If you want to find out how bad you are go work for the Opalocka Police Department, Miami Gardens or the Miami PD. Give me a break you probably work in a county where you handle one call a day and yet you have the balls to rag on troopers that probably work way more than you. I guarantee 90% of you 8 hour shift is probably traffic related with one call if that. Tell me where you work and maybe I can give you a little respect.

07-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Inquiring mind,

Grow up and get a life. Who really cares what a great deputy you are. Bottom line is you have no clue what real police work is like. If you want to find out how bad you are go work for the Opalocka Police Department, Miami Gardens or the Miami PD. Give me a break you probably work in a county where you handle one call a day and yet you have the balls to rag on troopers that probably work way more than you. I guarantee 90% of you 8 hour shift is probably traffic related with one call if that. Tell me where you work and maybe I can give you a little respect.

West coast Hillsborough County SO,( thats Tampa in case you dont know know youre county seats. Why is it thats you thinks Miami is such a great place to work. I admit Tampa is no Miami but I can assure you you we handle our share of calls and THEY ARE NOT all traffic related. As a matter of fact if our agency shows up on and Traffic Fatality we work it NOT FHP. We do not need them just as many other Sheriffs in Florida so get off your high horse. Your no diffrent than a commercial cop,Wildlife,Environmental or anyother State LEO.

Try another site to claim your fame. I work with several DEP cops on here and I can assure you they handle more police work than you do in the parks with campers and transient primitive campers (aka Tents).

Sorry I respect your job a hundred percent but dont sell us something its not we all can read your job description.

11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
I see they changed our name to Park Police on the DEP website. ??

So what are you guys park rangers, police or security officers?

Rusted Frame
11-13-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for asking. Check out the DEP web site under law enforcement. If you can't find it or you don't understand it, give me your address and I'll mail you a copy.

11-21-2007, 04:40 AM
I was searching through through LEO Affairs and couldn't help but check out the good ole DEP forum!
It seems like nothing has changed since I proudly wore the black and gray.

Anyway, I worked for FPP for two years before leaving for FHP, and finally to the feds for one of the larger alphabet agencies that I won't mention. For what it's worth, FPP is by far the BEST job I've had. Of course at the time I thought it was incredibly boring and mundane, but it was my first LEO job and I just wanted to “fight crime and evil”. Maybe when I retire in 17 years, I'll move back to FL and throw in an app.

11-21-2007, 04:54 AM
I was searching through through LEO Affairs and couldn't help but check out the good ole DEP forum!
It seems like nothing has changed since I proudly wore the black and gray.

Anyway, I worked for FPP for two years before leaving for FHP, and finally to the feds for one of the larger alphabet agencies that I won't mention. For what it's worth, FPP is by far the BEST job I've had. Of course at the time I thought it was incredibly boring and mundane, but it was my first LEO job and I just wanted to “fight crime and evil”. Maybe when I retire in 17 years, I'll move back to FL and throw in an app.

DUDES...get off eachothers' cases bout who does what. We're all brothers and dissing one another is pointless. You're just feeding into the "my phallus is bigger than yours" syndrome. Stop wasting energy putting down people just because they work for a different agency. The fact is, you cannot know what each agency does unless you've worked there. We all deal with bad guys. We're on the same side, remember?

My experience has always been that those who talk the most have the least in the way of credentials, be it street or otherwise. Respect yourself. Good job, ex FPP. Nice to see you're not bragging.

11-30-2007, 12:21 AM
So why dont the cars say Florida Park Police or Florida Park Patrol? I dont see FHP cars saying DHSMV
If you have been around long enough you would know that there used to be state law enforcement cars marked with FLORIDA PARK PATROL. For you south Florida guys you could have seen these cars at John Lloyd Park everyday near the boat ramps.