PDA

View Full Version : NO CONFIDENCE VOTE FOR PBA

07-05-2007, 05:21 PM
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THE PBA DOES NOT HAVE THE BSO EMPLOYEES THAT IT RERESENTS IN IT'S BEST INTEREST THEN PLEASE JUST POST HERE SO IT CAN BE SHOWN JUST HOW MANY OF US TRULY HAVE NO FAITH IN THE PBA ANYMORE. KEEP IT BRIEF, JUST TELL THEM THEY ARE USELESS NOW AND THAT WE WANT A CHANGE IN RERESENTATION!

07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I want a change! It is incredible that after all this time, and after a general membership meeting where the PBA was told that the IUPA was pushing strong to come in that nothing has been done. Only now is Debbie Reggio asking what can the PBA do to resolve the conflict. I find it amazing that through 14 years, the PBA only listened to themselves, now that there is a new guy on the block, they pretend to be interested.

07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
They did nothing for me after letting an investigation be kept open for a year! "Call us back next week..." Oh, sorry for bothering you. Well good-bye.

Maybe we can give the new PBA building to IUPA!

07-05-2007, 09:02 PM
I just think it's funny that when I got "bumped" off of my shift pick and put on another shift (not as punishment) I was told "that's just the BSO way" and nothing could be done because it was in the contract. Now my same rep was told he might be going to midnights and he is very upset. Was heard saying "I am going to grieve this" but he does not even know the contract. According to the great PBA wisdom, we can't grieve this. What a lopsided contract for the Sheriif administration! And you wonder why people are upset?

07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I called the PBA two years ago about a possible contract violation. I spoke with Pat Hanrahan (spelling) he did not have the answer, but he was professional in his retort. He stated you know I will, have to research this. I gave him my phone number and he said I will look into this and call you back. After about 5 days I called back and got his voice mail. Left a message. I called back the next day and spoke to the receptionist and when I told her who I was she put me to Pat's voice mail again. Still no call. I made one last call and still did not get an answer. 2 years later and Pat still has not called back and I never got an answer to my question. I will assume that this was not a grieveable issue. This is one of two issues I had with them over the years. I will post that story later today.

:shock:

07-05-2007, 09:18 PM
At some point the current PBA president lost his drive and conviction for the good of the common deputy and now believes that he and a good chunk of his family are entitled their positions. There is sound reason for term limits and its time we impose one the only way available to us.

07-05-2007, 09:29 PM
I grieved an issue with my LT and the PBA attorney said they would look into it. The attorney called back and said that they had lunch with my LT (used his first name) and that nothing can be done. I find out later that they are good friends.

07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
A few months back a certain patrol sergeant fought for his seniority after being denied a shift in the big district. He was summarily shipped off to another command where his seniority wouldn't be an issue and he was stuck on his current shift. This all happened within about a two week time frame.

Those are the facts.

The grumblings surrounding that situation were that the PBA had made a back door deal with the chief (that just retired) that they (the PBA) would not challenge shift placement in the big district.

Nothing was ever done but that sergeant is still in the same district and on the same shift that he previously had seniority to leave.

Even if you don't like the guy that situation has slime and corruption written all over it.

It's time for a change in guard.

07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I grieved an issue with my LT and the PBA attorney said they would look into it. The attorney called back and said that they had lunch with my LT (used his first name) and that nothing can be done. I find out later that they are good friends.

Thanks for lunch. The PBA, i mean PBA MEMBERS, paid for it.

07-06-2007, 12:34 AM
A few months back a certain patrol sergeant fought for his seniority after being denied a shift in the big district. He was summarily shipped off to another command where his seniority wouldn't be an issue and he was stuck on his current shift. This all happened within about a two week time frame.

Those are the facts.

The grumblings surrounding that situation were that the PBA had made a back door deal with the chief (that just retired) that they (the PBA) would not challenge shift placement in the big district.

Nothing was ever done but that sergeant is still in the same district and on the same shift that he previously had seniority to leave.

Even if you don't like the guy that situation has slime and corruption written all over it.

It's time for a change in guard.

Did the chiefs name rhyme with a-hole? I mean stillborn?

07-06-2007, 04:29 PM
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THE PBA DOES NOT HAVE THE BSO EMPLOYEES THAT IT RERESENTS IN IT'S BEST INTEREST THEN PLEASE JUST POST HERE SO IT CAN BE SHOWN JUST HOW MANY OF US TRULY HAVE NO FAITH IN THE PBA ANYMORE. KEEP IT BRIEF, JUST TELL THEM THEY ARE USELESS NOW AND THAT WE WANT A CHANGE IN RERESENTATION!

07-06-2007, 04:35 PM
i find it hard to still believe people listen and entertain the cries of all these me me people i have fought the previous admin. not afraid to use my name or hide and lie behind a annyo name you got a problem stand up ,confront it the system is in place and is a local one not on a national level. you people have too much time to *****. if you want change stand up and change it from within.

07-06-2007, 07:33 PM
i find it hard to still believe people listen and entertain the cries of all these me me people i have fought the previous admin. not afraid to use my name or hide and lie behind a annyo name you got a problem stand up ,confront it the system is in place and is a local one not on a national level. you people have too much time to *****. if you want change stand up and change it from within.

It took me a while to read through your ebonics but you are the one who does not get it. Answer this one simple question. How can we make a change when the leadership is a LIFETIME position?

07-06-2007, 09:20 PM
I would like to know why I have never seen a financial statement from the PBA in 14 years. I would like to know why union reps get their dues kicked back to them at the end of the year. I would like to know how much money each union rep spent on their PBA credit cards that they all have. I want to know why union reps can spend our dues money picking up bar tabs just because they can. I want to know why the PBA never wants to listen until a threat of another union is hear. I want to know why the PBA can't even defend themselves or is it because they are face with facts?

07-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Alway like to see disgruntled people who complain about things they can change but dont take the time , vote in different pba reps that give a damn about the people they represent, if your not getting satisfaction from a rep then change him. your all like the others comnplain but do nothing.

07-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Alway like to see disgruntled people who complain about things they can change but dont take the time , vote in different pba reps that give a darn about the people they represent, if your not getting satisfaction from a rep then change him. your all like the others comnplain but do nothing.

And what do you suggest we do about our current president?

07-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Alway like to see disgruntled people who complain about things they can change but dont take the time , vote in different pba reps that give a darn about the people they represent, if your not getting satisfaction from a rep then change him. your all like the others comnplain but do nothing.

And what do you suggest we do about our current president?

And how are you going to get rid of the slug rep in a district when the vote is for the 8 most popular? I can't run against the guy in my district alone

07-08-2007, 09:04 PM
As a PBA member, it would be best to cut out the cancer (BRICKTERD) and just rehab with a new reresentation like FOP. Sunrise PD did very well with them and was able to get a significant contract improvement.

07-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Did you ever think that if you kick out the PBA, that you would LOSE your job protection? Doesn't the Sheriff only recognize the PBA as the representative of the employees? Not sure, just asking.

07-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Did you ever think that if you kick out the PBA, that you would LOSE your job protection? Doesn't the Sheriff only recognize the PBA as the representative of the employees? Not sure, just asking.

Negative, Ghost Rider.

07-09-2007, 01:58 AM
The PBA (Brickman) is a political Machine. I dare any member to call the PBA and ask to see the financial records and you WILL be ignored. If you press on, they will kick you out of the PBA faster then you can shake a stick. Ask how much Brickman gets paid. Ask how much he makes as a part of the Florida PBA? What kind of car he gets? Ask to see his travel reciepts and credit card bills for a year. YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM.

Why? Because he's spending YOUR money and doesn't want you to know it. They are in bed with so many chiefs and command staff that they will side with admin MOST of the time.

I'vbe worked for BSO 22 years and NOTHING has changed. I live in Palm Beach County and recall years back a deputy with PBSO trying to get records and he was kicked out within a week. A news story ran and their president kicked the reporter out of the office. It's a mafia style run organization, TRUST ME.

Either VOTE them out, or just shut up and enjoy what you get.

07-10-2007, 12:57 AM

It took me a while to read through your ebonics but you are the one who does not get it. Answer this one simple question. How can we make a change when the leadership is a LIFETIME position? i do not type ,ebonics, this is an english only typewriter.ps you disgruntled employee there are no life time positions, they all get elected. i am done with this forum some of you in the lakes have created . if you want the truth you can get me on aol gc2130@aol.comi did 30 plus years and have seen a lot more problems in the world and around the world.if you dont like it here, please seek employment elsewhere, or stand up and confront your fears . i'm done. lets all try and get a good contract for all not the me me's

07-10-2007, 01:26 AM
George Covet of 2130 fame. You my friend have sold your soul to BSO. How do I know that? Your daughter is well cared for here in our little family. You succeeded in passing information to the administration that got guys like Lance Morgan in trouble. I hope you enjoy your little reserve deputy program. I just wish you would of retired for good and left this place with the bag full of cash you did. Now you are back for more. When will it end dude?

07-10-2007, 01:40 AM

You lost me at "I find it".... another great hire by BSO :D

07-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Also, I see you type like you used to write your stupid reports. Dude, just retire and get the hell out already!

07-10-2007, 02:28 AM
George, you have done nothing in this place but pad yourself. Don't dare ever talk about BSO people being "me me's" (sic). Granted, you worked all of those details and such over the years. You hid behind the PBA for many years with your buddy Mike Casey, but now it's time to just shut up and enjoy screwing the members that you so dearly think you fought for. A bunch of crap I say!

However, you now are raping the system for yourself again.

LEOtheLion
07-10-2007, 01:30 PM

Thanks for lunch. The PBA, i mean PBA MEMBERS, paid for it.

Need to complete an audit on Pat and ****s alcohol spending thanks to all of our PBA Dues

LEOtheLion
07-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I would like to know why I have never seen a financial statement from the PBA in 14 years. I would like to know why union reps get their dues kicked back to them at the end of the year. I would like to know how much money each union rep spent on their PBA credit cards that they all have. I want to know why union reps can spend our dues money picking up bar tabs just because they can. I want to know why the PBA never wants to listen until a threat of another union is hear. I want to know why the PBA can't even defend themselves or is it because they are face with facts?

This so true-We should have yearly statements-but if they use the BSO Administration they will down grade **** and Pats Alcohol spending. :oops:

LEOtheLion
07-10-2007, 01:37 PM

And what do you suggest we do about our current president? buy him a drink he will need it soon

07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
i am done with this forum some of you in the lakes have created . if you want the truth you can get me on aol gc2130@aol.comi did 30 plus years and have seen a lot more problems in the world and around the world.if you dont like it here, please seek employment elsewhere, or stand up and confront your fears . i'm done. lets all try and get a good contract for all not the me me's[/quote]

gc is your email really, aol."comi" Wow, at least you admit it. By the way, Don't you guys elect yourself???? C'mon, really??:) By the way, we all know exactly why you had to come back for some detail spending cash so save the rhetoric. Real simple; You, with your 30 plus years of, ahem, service (sorry)---Why don't YOU tell the good readers EXACTLY how to vote out ****ie boy in this ever so fair system? Dude, you can't take the cash and expect absolution!

07-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Also, I see you type like you used to write your stupid reports. Dude, just retire and get the hell out already!

Hey George, are you mad about the upcoming election because your slob of a daughter will not take your place or that your wife will lose her job at the PBA? You talk about others leaving if they don't like it? What does it say for you who put in enough time to retire, do the drop and then come back as a reserve. Tells me a lot about your life outside the job or lack of one !!!!! Maybe you are upset because people will demand to see where our dues have gone and your name will still be on some of the paperwork? Go get a life outside BSO, no one cares about how you did the job on horseback with a flint lock gun.

07-11-2007, 12:59 AM
If the PBA really had our backs, why would a certain rep. be talking in roll call about how they (the PBA) would get to see all the cards that were sent in and would have the deputy's names who completed cards. Remember most of us who completed cards are current PBA members. Doesn't the PBA want to protect us from wrongdoing? Why would they make such a statement? This rep. wants you to fear your administration. Ask yourselves this one question; if you are so intimated that you fear retaliation if you complete a card requesting a PERC election, then there is a problem and that's all the more reason to complete a card. If the Sheriff is an honorable man, he wouldn't care who represents the rank and file and would be willing to discuss a contract with whomever we select. Let's not forget that we pay dues to the PBA (which happen to go up each time we get a raise) and the PBA works for us. We don't work for them! Let's get our own local to represent us (just BSO) and see how it feels to really control what we ask for in our next contract.

07-11-2007, 01:44 AM

Hey George, are you mad about the upcoming election because your slob of a daughter will not take your place or that your wife will lose her job at the PBA? You talk about others leaving if they don't like it? What does it say for you who put in enough time to retire, do the drop and then come back as a reserve. Tells me a lot about your life outside the job or lack of one !!!!! Maybe you are upset because people will demand to see where our dues have gone and your name will still be on some of the paperwork? Go get a life outside BSO, no one cares about how you did the job on horseback with a flint lock gun. Hey tough guy! If you have a beef with George thats one thing. His daughter has nothing to do with this! You are a scumbag! I noticed you don't put your name in there Mr. Guest you coward! Attacking peoples loved ones is f$#@%$ up plus she is a good kid! Knock it of before someone makes fun of your fat assed wife!

07-11-2007, 02:27 AM

Hey George, are you mad about the upcoming election because your slob of a daughter will not take your place or that your wife will lose her job at the PBA? You talk about others leaving if they don't like it? What does it say for you who put in enough time to retire, do the drop and then come back as a reserve. Tells me a lot about your life outside the job or lack of one !!!!! Maybe you are upset because people will demand to see where our dues have gone and your name will still be on some of the paperwork? Go get a life outside BSO, no one cares about how you did the job on horseback with a flint lock gun. Hey tough guy! If you have a beef with George thats one thing. His daughter has nothing to do with this! You are a scumbag! I noticed you don't put your name in there Mr. Guest you coward! Attacking peoples loved ones is f$#@%$ up plus she is a good kid! Knock it of before someone makes fun of your fat assed wife!

did I hit a bone George?

07-11-2007, 03:42 AM
It's not George Mr. Toughguy anonymous! It's just not right attacking loved ones. But you can hide and talk about it so that gives you courage. You're just a scared little pusswad hiding behind a keyboard. Other people talked about your post and it's sickening! Not your problem with George but your insult to his family! Way out of bounds!

07-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey, GC, you still out there??? C'mon back, buddy. I was only kiddin' big guy..... Listen, you put in a little more time then me so I was just wonderin' since you took the cushie route your whole career and your decisions affected so many in a negative way I thought this would be a good time for you to save face.
Since you have all the know-how about unions, why don't you start a new one and be the Prez??? Think of all the money, er, sorry, guys you could help. We could finally be rid of the ****- Meister and you could legally refer to the members as the, "Oompaa Loompa's." Wouldn't that be great?

07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree 100% with Guest2, Guys if you work at BSO you have to see it. We are so disregarded; the administration and the PBA could care less about you. We need to stick together and get onboard with this new union. I’m not saying you must choose IUPA but lets have a fair debate between the two and lets get educated about what both will offer us. We carry guns, we put bad guys in jail, people look to us to solve their problems, and they want to know that we are in control. But yet we are afraid to stand up (together) to effect change. Go look in the mirror and tell me if you are happy with the person looking back at you. :D

07-11-2007, 09:45 PM
Reading these posts all I see are a bunch of coward deputies who like to take shots at one another. No wonder you guys have to kiss a-- to make it in your agency. You can't even stick together to vote on who will represent you at the bargining table. And as Guest 2 put it, your are too intimated to even put your names on a card to force an election. Then you have your reps running to your administration to tell who filled out cards. Even going as far as to cruise the parking lot and write down tags during an IUPA information meeting. BSO has really got to unite or you will never be the lead agency in this county. Deputies grow up and act like men and the professionals you claim to be]!

07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Reading these posts all I see are a bunch of coward deputies who like to take shots at one another. No wonder you guys have to kiss a-- to make it in your agency. You can't even stick together to vote on who will represent you at the bargining table. And as Guest 2 put it, your are too intimated to even put your names on a card to force an election. Then you have your reps running to your administration to tell who filled out cards. Even going as far as to cruise the parking lot and write down tags during an IUPA information meeting. BSO has really got to unite or you will never be the lead agency in this county. Deputies grow up and act like men and the professionals you claim to be]!

City Cop?? Just curious about what you consider yourself after calling people from another agency who are just venting (bet you do the same thing) cowards. No, we don't have to kiss anything but I'm sure in your land of Perfect every deserving person gets promoted regularly and fairly. As for putting names on cards, isn't it special to put your name on a post card with your SSN, home address and DOB and send it to where??? Especially when the PBA stoops to sitting in parking lots??? Odd...
The men and women of the Broward Sheriff's Office are going through some tough times. Since we are also the largest agency, being held accountable for doing ten times what most city cops do, I wouldn't expect you to understand. But hey, When your agency comes over to Green and White you can show us how it's done.

07-12-2007, 01:11 AM
I don’t like being called a coward by “City Cop” but he may be right, sometimes an outsider sees more clearly. I have been here a long time, and the thing that amazes me most; was the fact that so many deputies will stab you in the back because they think they are being loyal to their bosses. But truth be known as soon as you need their loyalty returned, you are forgotten. If we stick together they can’t do anything to 1400 people. Here’s another note: why on earth were we so polite at the PBA meeting, lord DB speaks and we just rolled over and believe all of his bull. What a pity. :roll:

07-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Lab Coat you apparently didn't even take the time to really look at the cards. Nowhere did it ask for you DOB or Social Security Number. Besides most deps. used their work address as the home address, but it's obvious that you too are satisfied with 3% raises, as well as the fair promotional process. Just don't complain ever again if you didn't have the Balls to complete the card!

07-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Lab Coat you apparently didn't even take the time to really look at the cards. Nowhere did it ask for you DOB or Social Security Number. Besides most deps. used their work address as the home address, but it's obvious that you too are satisfied with 3% raises, as well as the fair promotional process. Just don't complain ever again if you didn't have the Balls to complete the card!

Let me help you out with this one, Uno...
If you're comfortable with sending your personal information through the mail to have it land in the hands (you hope) of people you don't even know (at least you work with your PBA Rep's) that's one thing. But, and this is for your own good, really, did you read the letters Mr. Anonymous sent for the election? VAAAAQUE! I've seen the PBA do the most outlandish things, true, but I'm a member anyway so I can have a voice in trying to actually unify deputies. Does it work with PBA? No. Am I at least trying? Yes. Take your letters from IUPA and their little cards to your local attorney and have him look them over. Do you have any facts what-so-ever that says IUPA is going to do anything for you??? Their clause says an attorney will be assigned at their discretion, not yours. Your just throwing out common sense and going with the first snake-oil salesman that comes around. You would think if the IUPA wanted your vote they would at least have the decency to form a professional, well thought out information package, including contact information and a list of accomplishments... Haven't received mine, yet. You????
Oh, yeah, by the way.. As for my anatomical distinction; I at least used my other head and at least consulted with an attorney in front of a PBA Rep, then requested more info from the IUPA before filling out my card. The IUPA as of yet has not responded so they as yet do not have my card. See you in the funny papers.

07-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Ask civilian employees(yeah i know, just dont make eye contact) how they like the joke of a union FOPE. We were repped by the PBA before and switched over, what a big mistake. Change the system in the PBA dont change, you will regret it.

07-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Ask civilian employees(yeah i know, just dont make eye contact) how they like the joke of a union FOPE. We were repped by the PBA before and switched over, what a big mistake. Change the system in the PBA dont change, you will regret it.

Thats because you guys were dumb enough to agree that civilians and deputies at the jail should be placed under 1 contract. It is your own fault.

07-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey “Lab Coat” lets make this a “NO SPIN ZONE”. The cards are just to tell PERC that we would like to vote on who represents us. Once we are approved for an election lets let the two unions campaign for our business, competition is what makes this country great. Why is the PBA so afraid of competition, if they truly have our best interests at heart, they have nothing to worry about. Let them present what they have done in the past and what they plan to do in the future. We had to do the same thing in the past to get the PBA in place. I believe the only people who are upset over the possibility of changing unions are people who just care about themselves and have something to lose if the PBA is not selected. Broward County has grown by leaps and bounds in the past several years, all the new construction out west and even all the new mansions on the intercostal, WHERE IS ALL THAT TAX MONEY. Don’t believe their poor poor me stories. Lets man up and make a difference.

07-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Thats because you guys were dumb enough to agree that civilians and deputies at the jail should be placed under 1 contract. It is your own fault.

The are more detention deputies than civis, thats why it passed. The point was, which you obviously missed, the FOPE promised us the world and lied. I didnt fall for it then and i voted to keep the PBA, oh well cant win them all. Change the PBA, dont change unions, you will be sorry.

07-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Hey “Lab Coat” lets make this a “NO SPIN ZONE”. The cards are just to tell PERC that we would like to vote on who represents us. Once we are approved for an election lets let the two unions campaign for our business, competition is what makes this country great. Why is the PBA so afraid of competition, if they truly have our best interests at heart, they have nothing to worry about. Let them present what they have done in the past and what they plan to do in the future. We had to do the same thing in the past to get the PBA in place. I believe the only people who are upset over the possibility of changing unions are people who just care about themselves and have something to lose if the PBA is not selected. Broward County has grown by leaps and bounds in the past several years, all the new construction out west and even all the new mansions on the intercostal, WHERE IS ALL THAT TAX MONEY. Don’t believe their poor poor me stories. Lets man up and make a difference.AMEN BROTHER!!!

07-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Fellow Brothers.....You are absolutely right! The PBA is only out for themselves and what they can get. It's not like when they first started, they did have the rank and file first in their thoughts. That's how it was when I was the first rep for BSO many many yrs. ago. I saw the change, and the back stabbing and could read the writing on the wall and would not be a part of the abuse of power....for further details read my book.
"Honor" Above All Else....Removing the Veil of Secrecy.

www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org)

If you still want to keep the PBA, keep changing your reps; they are the ones who vote and make the decisions concerning you. But there is no way you can change the president elect for life. It's like a ****tatorship!! :evil:

07-14-2007, 04:59 PM
About a PBA financial report. Wait till after the contract is aproved and ask FDLE to audit the PBA books.

06-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Why wait? How about now?

06-05-2008, 03:50 AM
I say we get RID of Bailen, Diperna and the other do nothing deputy who screwed us out of our retro check. I guess they are sucking up to the PBA Pres. . Brickman because of his connection with Lemack or Isreal. Remember this the PBA, Brickman, Diperna, Bailen and the other goof were no were to be found under the Jenne days. They did not support the deputies or fight for anything, they just milked calls or hid. But now they are screwing our department up and soon because of them the sheriff's office will be where it was heading under the days of Cochran...
Back under Jenne if you complained to the PBA, Jenne knew within 30 minutes your name and your were reassigned to midnightsIf you don't like them, vote them out of the PBA, that's the democratic process. But good luck, they will get 831 votes. It stinks when you dislike someone and their always right.

06-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Dump the PBA.