PDA

View Full Version : MOD 1 killed the site

07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Nice job. It may be your policy to choose moderators from the respective police agencies, but that only works if the agency is not repressive and vengful. So, by appointing a BSO moderator, you have effectively killed this site. You can see there are few if any new posts since the announcement of MOD 420. I guess I should be thankful, as at least you let us know. Some of us thought BSO management was only reading the posts in growing frustration. Now we know they are in charge.

By the way, everyone at BSO is not paranoid, because you're not paranoid if you KNOW they are out to get you!

MOD 420
07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Think about this for a second, nothing has changed by me being the moderator. The Sheriff and his admin along with IA, were able to log on the internet prior to last week and see everything that was said on here. At least now someone is reviewing the content of what goes on here. The only reason I agreed to moderate the board was to cut down on the B.S. that was being posted. If we would use this board for the right reasons it could have a very positive impact on our agency. The choice is yours to post what you want or to be paranoid and not post at all. However you can be sure of one thing, I cant view anyones I.P. address and I have no power to impose discipline in the agency. Have a happy holiday and stay safe!!!

MOD 1
07-04-2007, 03:51 PM
LMAO

1. If BSO Admin was in charge of the Mod why would they tell you there was a new moderator?

2. If BSO Admin had access to anything other than what you do, how come no one has been disciplined for posting on here?

3. The last time I was in or near Broward County was over 20 years ago.

I hope you have a safe and happy 4th.

Mod 1

07-04-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes, BSO admin could helplessly watch and read the posts; but they didn't have an inside man. I don't know you, but your anonimity scares me. I don't believe you're one of the troops, and as previously stated, a demonstrated complete lack of trust exists. Those who post are supposed to trust that you're impartial. Suuure. Besides, you already referred to posts you don't like as "BS", stating we could use the site for positive means. Isn't the ability to negatively comment, expose what really goes on (warts and all), and provide an opposing view to the party line the very basis that free speech and the constitution provide.

If we swear or use innappropriate language, then delete or overwrite that part of the post and warn the writer he/she will be banned, but who are you to tell anyone we shouldn't vent or write negatively. Obviously someone in management or beholding to the throne. You probably think POWERTRAC was a brilliant management tool, that was fairly applied too.

MOD 1
07-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Yes, BSO admin could helplessly watch and read the posts; but they didn't have an inside man. I don't know you, but your anonimity scares me. I don't believe you're one of the troops, and as previously stated, a demonstrated complete lack of trust exists. Those who post are supposed to trust that you're impartial. Suuure. Besides, you already referred to posts you don't like as "BS", stating we could use the site for positive means. Isn't the ability to negatively comment, expose what really goes on (warts and all), and provide an opposing view to the party line the very basis that free speech and the constitution provide.

If we swear or use innappropriate language, then delete or overwrite that part of the post and warn the writer he/she will be banned, but who are you to tell anyone we shouldn't vent or write negatively. Obviously someone in management or beholding to the throne. You probably think POWERTRAC was a brilliant management tool, that was fairly applied too.

Please tell me where I referred to any posts as BS. You can't because I haven't and won't.

Yes moderators should edit posts when they can to make them meet the Terms of Use. I would much rather the moderators edit posts than delete them. I actually hate to have posts deleted. I really hate to have threads deleted.

I never told anyone that you shouldn't vent or write negatively. In fact that is exactly what the board is hear for. All I ask is that you follow the Terms of Use in doing so. There are many different ways that you can say "My Sgt shouldn't be a Sgt." All I am asking you and the other posters to do is to it in the most tactful and tasteful way that you can.

Lastly, what the heck is POWERTRAC???

07-05-2007, 06:22 AM
[quote="J. Bourne":2gf3dblw]Yes, BSO admin could helplessly watch and read the posts; but they didn't have an inside man. I don't know you, but your anonimity scares me. I don't believe you're one of the troops, and as previously stated, a demonstrated complete lack of trust exists. Those who post are supposed to trust that you're impartial. Suuure. Besides, you already referred to posts you don't like as "BS", stating we could use the site for positive means. Isn't the ability to negatively comment, expose what really goes on (warts and all), and provide an opposing view to the party line the very basis that free speech and the constitution provide.

Please tell me where I referred to any posts as BS. You can't because I haven't and won't.

Yes moderators should edit posts when they can to make them meet the Terms of Use. I would much rather the moderators edit posts than delete them. I actually hate to have posts deleted. I really hate to have threads deleted.

I never told anyone that you shouldn't vent or write negatively. In fact that is exactly what the board is hear for. All I ask is that you follow the Terms of Use in doing so. There are many different ways that you can say "My Sgt shouldn't be a Sgt." All I am asking you and the other posters to do is to it in the most tactful and tasteful way that you can.

Lastly, what the heck is POWERTRAC???[/quote:2gf3dblw]

OH PLEASE.......... DON'T TELL US WHAT A MORON YOU ARE BY ASKING THAT QUESTION.

07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry. I over generalized and mixed my comments to you and MOD 420. I still think MOD1 should never have allowed a BSO person to moderate this site, and delete threads and posts. We need a person like you, who has no idea what's going on at our agency. That would make you impartial. Being a BSO management insider would not.

The comment about deleting "BS" posts, was made by the "impartial" MOD420, who apparently doesn't have the testicular fortitude to reveal their identity, or respond to my previous comments. This suggests to me that I was right about MOD 420's position in the agency and potential impartiality.
As for the POWERTRAC reference, forget it. Now it's called the Round Table (obvious inference to the KING). Let's just call it the Star Chamber, if you recall that movie. It's the same type of management/decision making style.

As for J. Bourne, this is my last post. I can count on one hand those I can trust at BSO. MOD420 is not among them. Bourne out.

MOD 420
07-05-2007, 03:25 PM
J. Bourne

The only posts I have deleted are ones that made reference to peoples sexual orientation or were just an all out attack on someone that provided little or no facts. Which are the same posts I referred to as B.S. I also edited certain posts where people claimed to be former administrators with the agency. It does not matter to me one bit what is posted on here as long as it is not a violation of the Terms of Use.

05-04-2008, 06:47 PM
A year later and the BS is worse than ever except we also now have Mod 506 to deal with.

05-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Keep up the good work and ban the abusers.

05-05-2008, 04:13 AM

It appears that the so called mods are from the sheriffs administration. Guess I'll have to spread my message directly to the voters.

05-05-2008, 04:34 AM

It appears that the so called mods are from the sheriffs administration. Guess I'll have to spread my message directly to the voters.

Yep, your whining on here and lies wont be tolrated anymore. I love it! Keep up the good work MOD.

05-05-2008, 03:41 PM

Yep, your whining on here and lies wont be tolrated anymore. I love it! Keep up the good work MOD.

What about your lies and censorship? You guys going to start burning books soon?

05-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I wonder who the new moderators are?

05-06-2008, 02:30 AM

What about your lies and censorship? You guys going to start burning books soon? They will not tolerate another era like the former and now the present admin....the voters are aware..trust me on that Josey. Stay Safe TP