PDA

View Full Version : Comm Ctr

06-30-2007, 05:38 PM
When I first started working I was told the Comm Ctr is a 'snake pit' and always has been. Trying to keep an open mind, I went in anyway and considered that a remark from an unhappy employee, that was the end of that. Shortly thereafter, I heard... 'we in the comm ctr have the reputation as being the dept sluts'... oh nice... well pls leave me out of that one. So, after working in comm ctr for some time now... I completely understand both statements...not to mention the thousand I have heard since then. The staff in the comm ctr have shown me the most untrustworthy, unreliable and petty bulls**t I have ever seen in my life. When everyone is not talking about each other they are busy trying to get dates or flirt. The icing on the cake is when you get on the bad side of a supervisor.. who thinks she is 'all that' ... that's when life really becomes a living hell. What ever started this snake pit policy and why do all of us let it continue. Such bullsh**t, it's unbelievable.

Commo Dispatch
06-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Not only is it unbelievable, but it's just wrong. I am one of the few males in the field, and in my Comm center, its the same way. I have to hear it from all side's including my friend on the road. The best advice I can give anyone anywhere, is just do your job and keep quiet. I always tell my Trainee's to just follow procedure and it can not bite you in the butt!

The snake pit comment is dead on everywhere, but I think its everywhere to!

07-01-2007, 12:09 AM
What agencies do you two work for ? How can you come on her and base you working enviorment without give a name of an agency. Not all agencies are the same way. And do you still work for these agencies?

07-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Are you kidding me?? You can't even spell or type proper English .. who the hell hired you to begin with??!
Learn to spell and then ask who works where. Then, maybe, just maybe, with your new found skills you can get a higher paying job. One different than the Reno 911 comcen.
Just a thought.

07-01-2007, 03:34 AM
It's pretty obvious why I wouldn't state what agency I work for... like I need the skanks running their mouths any more than usual. Think about it...but be careful...don't hurt yourself !!

07-02-2007, 06:44 AM
If you guys are so miserable at your comm ctrs. Then why dont you go find other jobs !!!! Oh but I bet you get paid good money to work maybe 2 hours out of your 8 10 or 12 hour days. Depending on the call volume. Yeah exactly what I thought. If your unhappy with your situation then leave or stop complaining and fix it. JUST MY THOUGHTS

superlw8
07-04-2007, 04:38 AM
If you guys are so miserable at your comm ctrs. Then why dont you go find other jobs !!!! Oh but I bet you get paid good money to work maybe 2 hours out of your 8 10 or 12 hour days. Depending on the call volume. Yeah exactly what I thought. If your unhappy with your situation then leave or stop complaining and fix it. JUST MY THOUGHTS

Ok, first all, just for the "lurkers" I AM NOT A DISPATCHER BUT I WAS, now that is settled...

At the center where I worked, we worked HARD, I pulled my stats one day from the complaint desk and I had answered 264 911 calls, that does not include the opr assist/non emergency.

On top of that out of our 9 channels some of our radios had 5 cities on them, so yes, we actually WORKED our whole shift.

And maybe before you go running off on the mouth about how we should just leave, did it ever occur to you that maybe some of us actually LIKE dispatching? We enjoy the fast paced working environment in a job that actually matters. It is horribly unfortunate that a high stress environment like dispatching breeds nasty behavior from alot of the people there, I am not going to let one person's bad attitude keep me from doing what I love, and neither should anyone else.

The person who wrote this is seeking an outlet for all the frustration that comes from people who insist on making other people's lives hell because there's is apparently not interesting enough.

I say use this forum, let it out, so you can go right back in there and do what you were trained to do, and let all the harpies in the center do what they do.

07-05-2007, 01:51 AM
I have no shame! I work for PBSO... and If I worked 2 hours out of my 10 hour day, I would still be on the forum, talking about how I feel like I am in High School everyday I go into work. Everyone is gossping about everyone else. It's so childish! I just wish we could all grow up and not worry about anyone else's lives but our own!

07-06-2007, 10:44 AM

I missed it... was there anywhere in the original post that stated the writer was 'miserable'........ if not.. then maybe just maybe I love my job and I love going to work.. not for the people I work in close proximity to..but to assist the LEO's and citizens I work for. I look forward to going to work, what I don't look forward to is the backstabbing and throwing each other under the bus constantly. Watching your back on a daily basis is definitely on the down side of the job. I refuse to let any of them push me out of there. Oh, by the way, I don't know where you work or what you've heard, but we do actually work the full shift.

07-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Well the PBSO Commo chics all sit there trying to stir up their baby drama and trying to get with deputies..go work there you will find out real soon

Commo Dispatch
07-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Well the PBSO Commo chics all sit there trying to stir up their baby drama and trying to get with deputies..go work there you will find out real soon

First of all, not all Dispatchers are "Chicks" as you put it, and second of all, every department and every place of work has a few problem children. Don't make general statements about a whole because of a few bad apples. Some of the people who work in Commo at PBSO do cause trouble, but some of us work our butts off, and get nothing but these kind of comments from the people who work in the same agency.

What District do you work in? I bet some of your people are lazy, but does that make you bad to? Think about it...

07-22-2007, 04:54 AM
Tell me what district do you work for and ill tell u if thats the group im talking about.

First of all, not all Dispatchers are "Chicks" as you put it, and second of all, every department and every place of work has a few problem children. Don't make general statements about a whole because of a few bad apples. Some of the people who work in Commo at PBSO do cause trouble, but some of us work our butts off, and get nothing but these kind of comments from the people who work in the same agency.

What District do you work in? I bet some of your people are lazy, but does that make you bad to? Think about it...

Commo Dispatch
07-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Tell me what district do you work for and ill tell u if thats the group im talking about.

Well, I work in Dispatch. I am nothing more than a Dispatcher. There is your answer, now answer mine.

Also, how many days have you working in Commo?

07-28-2007, 01:53 PM
I WORK THE 3-11PM SHIFT-DISTRICT 4. THERES YOUR ANSWER.

[quote=GUEST2222]Well the PBSO Commo chics all sit there trying to stir up their baby drama and trying to get with deputies..go work there you will find out real soon

Well, I work in Dispatch. I am nothing more than a Dispatcher. There is your answer, now answer mine.

Also, how many days have you working in Commo?[/quote:3skui77h]

07-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I guess alot of Comm. Ctrs have more or less the same problems. I dont work at PBSO but a Broward Agency for many years. Im sure if you look at a previous post someone left, you will figure out which one because it sounds alot like the same issues.
Unfortunately, there seems to be more problem children then "seasoned workers" and "want to work" employees lately. The people being hired for the most part come in with additudes like you wouldnt believe. When you first start a job (not matter what type of job it may be) you listen to what your being told and keep your mouth shut. Now its seems people know how far they can push and what they can get away with, so this is why you have some of the problems right from the start and the management even sees these problems from the start and doesnt address them.
All I can say is, we who do our job/s, yes we do get pissed and upset but at least we can end the day with a smile because We did the job. Those who dont, fine let them look stupid and act immature and think thier playing the system BUT thier the ones that sooner or later it will bite them in the butt, too!!

07-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I guess alot of Comm. Ctrs have more or less the same problems. I dont work at PBSO but a Broward Agency for many years. Im sure if you look at a previous post someone left, you will figure out which one because it sounds alot like the same issues.
Unfortunately, there seems to be more problem children then "seasoned workers" and "want to work" employees lately. The people being hired for the most part come in with additudes like you wouldnt believe. When you first start a job (not matter what type of job it may be) you listen to what your being told and keep your mouth shut. Now its seems people know how far they can push and what they can get away with, so this is why you have some of the problems right from the start and the management even sees these problems from the start and doesnt address them.
All I can say is, we who do our job/s, yes we do get pissed and upset but at least we can end the day with a smile because We did the job. Those who dont, fine let them look stupid and act immature and think thier playing the system BUT thier the ones that sooner or later it will bite them in the butt, too!!

08-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Wow sounds just like our agency

Commo Dispatch
08-04-2007, 02:07 AM
I WORK THE 3-11PM SHIFT-DISTRICT 4. THERES YOUR ANSWER.

[quote=GUEST2222]Well the PBSO Commo chics all sit there trying to stir up their baby drama and trying to get with deputies..go work there you will find out real soon

Also, how many days have you working in Commo?[/quote:2sswvdk4]

1500-2300 Shift? You must be in CP, or a Contract, huh?

And you can't answer a question either, how many days have you been in Commo to work or observe, not just grabbing a print-out or dropping of PC?

08-05-2007, 07:01 AM
My Goodness! All the hostility! As a LEO, I would like to thank the male dispatchers of PBSO. Thank you for controlling your attitudes and not being nasty in your tone of voice. Don't get me wrong, there are allot of good female dispatchers as well, but the nasty tone of voice historically comes from them. Guys, thank you for being professional, hence keeping it more professional out on the road.