PDA

View Full Version : Field Lt's Position

Paparazzi LEO
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Has anyone heard who is in the running for this position?

Personally I hope A.O. or A.F. from D2 is in the running or S.D. from D8.

five-o
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
How about some votes for JW in D1. He missed out on another position that was made for him. Let's give a great leader his due.

06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
How about some votes for JW in D1. He missed out on another position that was made for him. Let's give a great leader his due.

Five O --- Guess the position was made for someone else... I think there are much more qualified candidates to chose from outside the circle. It will be tough to fill the shoes of the one that has retired, not to mention, even compare to the ones already there... There are years of knowledge and respect among the Field Lt's, at least the ones who have been doing it for more than a few years...

06-26-2007, 11:01 PM
they should use a spelling bee to decide....narrows the choices a bit

06-27-2007, 03:13 AM
There is no question JW is the most qualified and well deserved person at this point. He will not put in for it and will turn down any offers, which is crazy to me. AO would be great, but I doubt he is choosen. Based on those two not being the next Field LT I would put my money on AF eventhough he is a bit of a micro-manager (to say at the least). I would like to see Blake Martin as a Field LT because he backs the troops and does the right thing. I do not agree with some of his personal tactics, but fair is fair.....but admin will not choose him because of such.

06-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Blake is a good egg and JW does not want it. AF would be fun to have around in all districts Don't rule out MR who just made his triumphant return to D-1.

06-27-2007, 12:04 PM
It is a ggod thing that JW does not want it cause his rediculous EGO would get in the way! I can think of any sgt in the agency that would do a better job. The word arrogant does not even begin to scratch the surface.

Why is it that the majority of good cops let the promotion to sgt or above go to their heads and then they become jerks to work for. Somehow most think that a promotion requires them to act different when it does not.

I believe that the agency should invest more time on teaching new supervisors how to become leaders. What ever happen to Character First?

06-27-2007, 12:32 PM
They traded the character first books for some tattoo ink and magic beans.

06-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Character First was never the case in this place. Someone said in another post "character when convenient" and thats the truth! MR or TL (both from D-1) would be the best Field Sup's, imho. MR might take it, TL won't -- can't) -- as he knows what the agency and promotions are all about and that makes him dangerous. He is as far as he will ever go, which is very sad because he is very talanted and intelligent, and like BM takes care of his men.

06-27-2007, 09:00 PM
This just in - AF gets the promotion for budgetary reasons. By making him overtime exempt the Sheriff saves enough money to avoid lay offs, buy a new helicopter and get some new glamour shots done.

06-28-2007, 01:28 AM
now THATS funy

Aint dat a Bitch
06-30-2007, 11:16 PM
I believe that A.F. D2 and S.D. D8 are probably the 2 front runners but you never know when they post for these type of positions. I think that the following are in the running also, M.R. D1, D.K. D2, A.O. D2, D.M. D2, D.D. D3, M.S. D3, M.C. D8, plus anyone else that has worked Patrol in the last 20 years that may decide to throw their name in the hat.

07-01-2007, 12:55 AM
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz might get it i hear

Curios George
07-01-2007, 05:06 AM
I have never been disappointed about the selections in the past so I have faith in the next one.

07-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Field Lt Farce!!!!!
I just heard somewhere from someone that R2D2 and C3PO are the two finalists! The STEB unit is outraged! Steve DePalma strangles a deer in outrage! Mod 167 frantically flips through the rule book! 2119 un-resigns! Stay tuned for the REAL BIG fallout!!!!!!

mod 167
07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Field Lt Farce!!!!!
I just heard somewhere from someone that R2D2 and C3PO are the two finalists! The STEB unit is outraged! Steve DePalma strangles a deer in outrage! Mod 167 frantically flips through the rule book! 2119 un-resigns! Stay tuned for the REAL BIG fallout!!!!!!

Now thats funny. Thanks for the laugh :)

07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I have never been disappointed about the selections in the past so I have faith in the next one.

george, you are seriously sucking admin butt. there have been a lot of good promotions but also alot of bad ones. the problem is theres no standard for lt. promotion. you need college. you dont need college. you need alot of experience. well promote you if you have been a sergeant for under two years.

the ccso is consistently inconsistent

Curios George
07-02-2007, 04:46 PM
I was referring to the Field Lt's promotions not promotions in general.

If being inconsistent makes you unhappy then you must always be unhappy because the only things in life that are consistent are taxes and death, everything else is never a guarantee.

As for sucking ass you have it wrong. People suck ass when they want something to go in their favor. This is where your opinion of me is wrong. I do not want anything nor do I need anything. I am happy with what I have and only voice my opinion as to WHY I am happy.

For some reason it is very difficult for some cops to actually believe that someone else may actually love their job and love where they work. It’s even harder for those cops to believe that they too can enjoy their job, look forward to going to work and LIKE who they work for!

Don't “be hatin” just because someone else is genuinely happy. Do some soul searching and find your peace too…brother?

07-06-2007, 06:24 PM
This is funny, George is so doggone scared that someone in the admin is secretly reading all this stuff and knows who we all are, that he will say ANYTHING to bring himself closer to the bright light at the end of the hallway. Now thats funny...hehee.

07-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Although many of you believe that Curios George is the Capt. of patrol (as stated by many during briefings) I must say I find that hard to believe. I must say that I do agree he is NB/Gary from D-1.

DevilDogg
07-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Solver, I'm not sure it's Gary. Some of the phrasing is much too eloquent.

07-07-2007, 06:14 PM
i dont think its gary. i think is somebody from east naples that usta work up nort.

07-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Gary is from pahokee and knows nothing about math...georgie likes math.

07-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I know Gary, and even though he is a former trailer dweller from Pahokie, he is very strong in math. For all you northerners, southerner does NOT equal uneducated.

07-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Then y did he miscalculate the size of his shirt sleeves for years?

07-08-2007, 05:47 PM
unless the patrol captain has someone writing for him curious george is not him. I know that captain and he is just not capable of writing like that. just mention writing to him and he breaks a sweat. mention taking a promotional exam and you would probably put him in a coma.

07-08-2007, 05:56 PM
surely he has passed many promotional exams to get to his position....no?

07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
ya, sure he has. <s m a c k>

07-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Its not Gary...George has never used the phrase "I would submit to you...", and Gary can't through a commercial break of The Wiggles without using that phrase...

Curios George
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
It's not important who I am but what I stand for :wink:

Thanks for all the interest. Makes an old guy feel loved :)

07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
George...love is a very strong word. Love your family NOT your job.

Curios George
07-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Why do you say that I can not love BOTH. Is it because you have never been so fortunate to love both in your life? I am blessed in that I do love my family and my job. I am a happy person and could not ask for more.

I'm sorry that you have never had the pleasure of knowing what that is like.

07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm glad you feel that way George, as I love your family as well.

DevilDogg
08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Is there any word on this yet? Besides the normal rumor mill crap?

08-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes there is!!!!!!!
George loves his family and his job....... read the posts

08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Any word on this yet. This position has been open now for almost two months. First it's one, then it's three with one in every district at night. What are we doing. If it aint broke, dont try to fix it. The three guys we have now are great, let you do your job and are there when you need them. I am sure whomever they add will hopefully be just as good. I am sure the patrol sergeant's dont want or need anyone constantly looking over their shoulders while trying to do their jobs.

08-19-2007, 03:54 PM
My vote is for Mike Raines. He is a tenured, stable, mature, professional that is well-respected for his abilities and his great personality.

I case any of you are wondering, I don't plan on fingering him.

08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
The truth to the matter is that they are replacing Browning's spot and moving Dennis Perry's spot over. All that needs to be added is 1 spot. This agency is every changing and ever growing, and everyone needs to quit complaining and be part of the solution versus the problem.

09-25-2007, 06:37 AM
I have been gone for a year and my name still gets brought in to this....Now that is funny. I haven't written anything in here in a long time and I decide to read some post (because they are so fun) and Find some deputy who uses Releasethetwins (of all names) brings me into it. As long as I am here. I should tell those who give a crap, I am back in Law Enforcement. I couldn't stay away. Small department about 9 men and women. Extemely small town. The town is on its 3rd chief in a year. OH. for those of you who want a union, let me say this.. they suck! You can't go any where here without being in one. The don't do anything for us except take part of our pay. Anyway. Deer chasing has been fun and letting criminals go is even more fun. Anyone who wants to retire and become a drug dealer should move here. You won't spend time in jail if you are caught. This has been a hell of a year up here. I truly miss CCSO and wish I could move back. Especially when I have to drive a Chevy Impala. I look huge in it. Well got to run and wax my snow shovel. You guys be safe and take care of each other. As for the next Field LT. AF is god!!!!!

10-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Well Sonic, I guess they had to compensate in some way for you!! GO HUG A MOOSE!!!!!!!!! I start Boot Camp on Nov 4th... Let the games begin and let me again shovel snow

10-08-2007, 05:02 AM
Mongo, email me at Sndepalma2208@aol.com

10-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Mongo and DePalma would make a good couple!!

Hughjorgan
10-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Mongo is gonna hafta shovel horse poop!!!!

Good luck in PSP!!!!