PDA

View Full Version : Metro Broward Sheriffs Office????

06-24-2007, 01:23 PM
With the looming tax/budget crisis on the horizon in all the municipalities, what does everyone think about this county going metro Broward?
In my city alone, we have to cut approx $3 million this coming budget year. When salary/pension take up 98.6% of that budget, there is not too much cutting room.
It might seem that the only option left for municipalities is the Metro Broward concept.
What do you think?????

06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
You mean it is not already?

06-24-2007, 05:42 PM
What I meant by Metro Broward is BSO contracting to every city or just one police department......

06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Never gonna happen..

06-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Love the idea and so should the residents of this county. They are paying double everyone pays for the Sheriff's Office even if they have a city PD. Why not just fund one super agency. less duplication of service. First we need a cop at the top who is found through a hiring process and answers to a public safety board. 9 members on the board, from various areas of the county, but not political cronies. One member from the county admin. It has been talked about for 20 year plus but the political hacks like Parrish, Jenne, Satz, Rodstrom, Naugle, and the rest would never let that happen. Are we so blind not to see this county is a dictatorship there is no demoracy in Broward County. If there was then places like Weston, Cooper City, Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines would have a larger say and there would be more Hispanics in power. Just look at the demographics of theses largest cities. I see it as someone who has spent 40 years here. I'm a W/M and I cannot believe that the citizens in these power cities have not made a stand. If they did Metro Broward PD might become a reality. Just food for thought.

06-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Love the idea and so should the residents of this county. They are paying double everyone pays for the Sheriff's Office even if they have a city PD. Why not just fund one super agency. less duplication of service. First we need a cop at the top who is found through a hiring process and answers to a public safety board. 9 members on the board, from various areas of the county, but not political cronies. One member from the county admin. It has been talked about for 20 year plus but the political hacks like Parrish, Jenne, Satz, Rodstrom, Naugle, and the rest would never let that happen. Are we so blind not to see this county is a dictatorship there is no demoracy in Broward County. If there was then places like Weston, Cooper City, Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines would have a larger say and there would be more Hispanics in power. Just look at the demographics of theses largest cities. I see it as someone who has spent 40 years here. I'm a W/M and I cannot believe that the citizens in these power cities have not made a stand. If they did Metro Broward PD might become a reality. Just food for thought.

I think it would be great. Get rid of the Sheriff and have an appoitned offical. I think it would be more effective. Like Maryland and Virginia have the county police department and the Sheriff just does the jails. The majority of the cities use it and love it.

06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Maryland and Virginia have the county police department and the Sheriff just does the jails. The majority of the cities use it and love it.

Did you know that there are no police unions in Virginia? Oh wait, neither do we....nevermind.

superlw8
06-28-2007, 05:56 AM
you mean remove fat from the government?? :shock:

Ha!

Would be a great idea, yes, but south florida government is so overly staffed as it is, noone is giving up their job.

06-28-2007, 11:33 AM

I can't believe that an ignorant person can make it 20 years as a LEO. Although the consolidation of agencies is a quick fix for budgetarial reforms during times of preseason recession, there is no reason for a panic attack. So it is bewhom to suck your gut in and quit talking like you know how to conservatively commence a political turmoil. My last question to your speculation, name any congressional members that are latin, beside the Diaz-Balart and Ross-Lehtinen, which are in fact republicans? Steve Geller from Cooper City is one of our biggest advocates for desimination of large government. If you want to comment any further let me know.

Liberal Political Junkie

06-28-2007, 02:05 PM
[quote="20 Year Deputy":3n6wtjk4]Love the idea and so should the residents of this county. They are paying double everyone pays for the Sheriff's Office even if they have a city PD. Why not just fund one super agency. less duplication of service. First we need a cop at the top who is found through a hiring process and answers to a public safety board. 9 members on the board, from various areas of the county, but not political cronies. One member from the county admin. It has been talked about for 20 year plus but the political hacks like Parrish, Jenne, Satz, Rodstrom, Naugle, and the rest would never let that happen. Are we so blind not to see this county is a dictatorship there is no demoracy in Broward County. If there was then places like Weston, Cooper City, Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines would have a larger say and there would be more Hispanics in power. Just look at the demographics of theses largest cities. I see it as someone who has spent 40 years here. I'm a W/M and I cannot believe that the citizens in these power cities have not made a stand. If they did Metro Broward PD might become a reality. Just food for thought.

I can't believe that an ignorant person can make it 20 years as a LEO. Although the consolidation of agencies is a quick fix for budgetarial reforms during times of preseason recession, there is no reason for a panic attack. So it is bewhom to suck your gut in and quit talking like you know how to conservatively commence a political turmoil. My last question to your speculation, name any congressional members that are latin, beside the Diaz-Balart and Ross-Lehtinen, which are in fact republicans? Steve Geller from Cooper City is one of our biggest advocates for desimination of large government. If you want to comment any further let me know.

Liberal Political Junkie[/quote:3n6wtjk4]

One police and one fire department would not only save taxes, but be better overall for all involved. The problem is he's right, all these retarded politicians care about is themselves. Someone mentioned there is no union in VA, or Maryland. Who cares go to their leoaffairs board and you don't see this kind of complaining. They have been using a county police and fire and they have proven over and over again, it's cheaper and provides better protection.

06-28-2007, 08:36 PM
[quote="20 Year Deputy":114jxdd1]Love the idea and so should the residents of this county. They are paying double everyone pays for the Sheriff's Office even if they have a city PD. Why not just fund one super agency. less duplication of service. First we need a cop at the top who is found through a hiring process and answers to a public safety board. 9 members on the board, from various areas of the county, but not political cronies. One member from the county admin. It has been talked about for 20 year plus but the political hacks like Parrish, Jenne, Satz, Rodstrom, Naugle, and the rest would never let that happen. Are we so blind not to see this county is a dictatorship there is no demoracy in Broward County. If there was then places like Weston, Cooper City, Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines would have a larger say and there would be more Hispanics in power. Just look at the demographics of theses largest cities. I see it as someone who has spent 40 years here. I'm a W/M and I cannot believe that the citizens in these power cities have not made a stand. If they did Metro Broward PD might become a reality. Just food for thought.

Liberal Political Junkie

One police and one fire department would not only save taxes, but be better overall for all involved. The problem is he's right, all these retarded politicians care about is themselves. Someone mentioned there is no union in VA, or Maryland. Who cares go to their leoaffairs board and you don't see this kind of complaining. They have been using a county police and fire and they have proven over and over again, it's cheaper and provides better protection.[/quote:114jxdd1]

Ok So the Liberal can lob an insult to prove their point. I will just put out the facts. Why have 28 police departments doing the same thing? Have one that does it all and run the county agency like a business. Look at a city like Weston. They run their city like a business and they are physically responsible with the tax payers money. They put out a report every year on the finincial situation of the city down to the penny. A true line item budget.

I was saying that with all the smart Hispanic business people in these western cities you would think they would want to better the government and run for office and bring their experience and non broward political machine to the table and show the morons running the show how to do it!!!!

Notice no insults against the peopel who oppose me. Just intelligent debate. I forgot liberals cannot be intelligent...Oh sorry did I just say that?

06-28-2007, 11:50 PM
WITH DADE COUNTY BEING SO CLOSE AS A MODEL,
AND THE DEMOGRAPGHICS, WE DON'T NEED METRO POLICE.

06-29-2007, 12:36 AM

Dade county was never metro just fyi. They would not be the model, they are still using old 70's technology. It's been proven time and time again that one police force is better than many. I don't know who you are, but all cops should want a county police department. The only people who don't want it our the politicans who care more about themselves then the citizens. Then you have the rich citizens who love to control the police and the city. Otherwise it's a great idea. I'm from Maryland and it worked a lot better.

07-01-2007, 04:42 PM

Dade county was never metro just fyi. They would not be the model, they are still using old 70's technology. It's been proven time and time again that one police force is better than many. I don't know who you are, but all cops should want a county police department. The only people who don't want it our the politicans who care more about themselves then the citizens. Then you have the rich citizens who love to control the police and the city. Otherwise it's a great idea. I'm from Maryland and it worked a lot better.

TAKE CITY OF MIAMI WITH 1200 OFFICERS IN 35 SQUARE MILES. U INCORPORATE THAT AS A METRO AND YOU DROP THE AMOUNT OF OFFICRS PATROLING THAT 35 SQUARE MILES. IF U EVER BEEN IN THAT AREA YOU KNOW THAT CRIME WOULD INCREASE BY 400 PERCENT ALONG WITH THE HOMOCIDE RATE AND MIAMI WOULD BE BACK ON THE MAP AS #1 IN MURDERS.

07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
[quote="POLICE MANN":3l5q2j06]WITH DADE COUNTY BEING SO CLOSE AS A MODEL,

TAKE CITY OF MIAMI WITH 1200 OFFICERS IN 35 SQUARE MILES. U INCORPORATE THAT AS A METRO AND YOU DROP THE AMOUNT OF OFFICRS PATROLING THAT 35 SQUARE MILES. IF U EVER BEEN IN THAT AREA YOU KNOW THAT CRIME WOULD INCREASE BY 400 PERCENT ALONG WITH THE HOMOCIDE RATE AND MIAMI WOULD BE BACK ON THE MAP AS #1 IN MURDERS.[/quote:3l5q2j06]

Why do you think there is so much crime in Miami? Too many police departments and too many incompetent officers. Miami-Dade and Miami are a joke of a Police Department. They wouldn't take any officers out of Miami, but all one incorporate as one county police department. I've been studying this concept for 11 years and the only reason you wouldn't want this is complacently. Overall it's better for the citizens and the officers, but knowing Miami's corrupt ways a metro down there would be a full time job for FDLE and the FBI. This has been tested and proven in areas such as Maryland, Virginia, Denver, Las Vegas, Louisville, Nashville, Memphis (in the process), Indianapolis, and too much more to name. Heck, Jacksonville is a metro Sheriff and they have more crime than Miami. Why did they do it? It's more efficient, cheaper, better for the officers, and better for the citizens. Maybe you should learn to play well with others and this wouldn't happen. I can provide lots of facts supporting my information. No offense, but you obviously have a bias and I don't blame you. You keep comparing Miami to Metro-Dade, and that's not fair. While Miami is more corrupt, they have better pay and equipment. Metro Dade has been poorly ran since the early 90's. Just think of the amount of resources you could allocate with one county police department. Try to see the bright side. Crime would not go up, because with more officers they could saturate one area with more officers to make a greater impact. Again why is there so much more crime in Miami compared to Broward, Jacksonville, Palm Beach County, Tampa etc? Way too many police agencies!! A county police force would be written based on a contract. Miami-Dade has never been good on keeping their contract. Others like Broward, Pinellas, and Palm Beach do a great job. We all know why the city of Miami Gardens wants their own Police Force. Can we say control freaks? A certain portion of the population wants to control the police. Again we should allow our cities to police the police as Miami does and Miami Gardens will do. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but try to see the positives. Everyone else here did.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/20 ... annual.pdf (http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR/2006/CoMuOff2006annual.pdf)

05-11-2008, 01:50 PM
[quote="POLICE MANN":2hq7xje7]WITH DADE COUNTY BEING SO CLOSE AS A MODEL,

TAKE CITY OF MIAMI WITH 1200 OFFICERS IN 35 SQUARE MILES. U INCORPORATE THAT AS A METRO AND YOU DROP THE AMOUNT OF OFFICRS PATROLING THAT 35 SQUARE MILES. IF U EVER BEEN IN THAT AREA YOU KNOW THAT CRIME WOULD INCREASE BY 400 PERCENT ALONG WITH THE HOMOCIDE RATE AND MIAMI WOULD BE BACK ON THE MAP AS #1 IN MURDERS.[/quote:2hq7xje7]

I am in favor of a metro department here in Broward.

05-11-2008, 08:33 PM
[quote="Political analyst":1584vi6l][quote="20 Year Deputy":1584vi6l]Love the idea and so should the residents of this county. They are paying double everyone pays for the Sheriff's Office even if they have a city PD. Why not just fund one super agency. less duplication of service. First we need a cop at the top who is found through a hiring process and answers to a public safety board. 9 members on the board, from various areas of the county, but not political cronies. One member from the county admin. It has been talked about for 20 year plus but the political hacks like Parrish, Jenne, Satz, Rodstrom, Naugle, and the rest would never let that happen. Are we so blind not to see this county is a dictatorship there is no demoracy in Broward County. If there was then places like Weston, Cooper City, Coral Springs and Pembroke Pines would have a larger say and there would be more Hispanics in power. Just look at the demographics of theses largest cities. I see it as someone who has spent 40 years here. I'm a W/M and I cannot believe that the citizens in these power cities have not made a stand. If they did Metro Broward PD might become a reality. Just food for thought.

Liberal Political Junkie

One police and one fire department would not only save taxes, but be better overall for all involved. The problem is he's right, all these retarded politicians care about is themselves. Someone mentioned there is no union in VA, or Maryland. Who cares go to their leoaffairs board and you don't see this kind of complaining. They have been using a county police and fire and they have proven over and over again, it's cheaper and provides better protection.[/quote:1584vi6l]

Ok So the Liberal can lob an insult to prove their point. I will just put out the facts. Why have 28 police departments doing the same thing? Have one that does it all and run the county agency like a business. Look at a city like Weston. They run their city like a business and they are physically responsible with the tax payers money. They put out a report every year on the finincial situation of the city down to the penny. A true line item budget.

I was saying that with all the smart Hispanic business people in these western cities you would think they would want to better the government and run for office and bring their experience and non broward political machine to the table and show the morons running the show how to do it!!!!

Notice no insults against the peopel who oppose me. Just intelligent debate. I forgot liberals cannot be intelligent...Oh sorry did I just say that?[/quote:1584vi6l]

Vote no on the contract and yes for Lamberti. I will be at the May 20th Commission Meeting will you? Everyone at BSO should be there no matter if you support our Sheriff or some other guy. Because no matter what however the Commission votes will effect whomever the Sheriff is after the Election. I for one Hope it's Sheriff Lamberti!

05-12-2008, 02:47 AM
Yes, thats what we need. A big agency with no oversight running the county instead of smaller departments with oversight.