PDA

View Full Version : ACTIVE SHOOTER

06-24-2007, 04:31 AM
what did you think of ACTIVE SHOOTER... were you prepared for it... Likes and dislikes

06-24-2007, 04:45 AM
It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad ass and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.
But first lets get rid of CRIME SCENE we have specilized units for that and its not US. LOl

06-24-2007, 04:54 AM
It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad arse and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.
But first lets get rid of CRIME SCENE we have specilized units for that and its not US. LOl

Well that your right on .... I hate CRIME SCENE ... But the active shooter was not only based on time but tactical approach and moving and what you called out on the radio and how and when u entered the bulinging

06-24-2007, 06:18 PM
I just want to say that I like crime scene, I'm from a little town, where we don't actually have a crime scene unit, so our normal officers are called out there.

PPD Explorer
06-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I just want to say that I like crime scene, I'm from a little town, where we don't actually have a crime scene unit, so our normal officers are called out there.

Well I guess that is a good reason but most of us prolly have a crimescene unit ... Correct me if im wrong.... But did you like active shooter

post435hollyhill
06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
[quote="Pines 108":oz6wr2jx]It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad arse and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.

Well that your right on .... I hate CRIME SCENE ... But the active shooter was not only based on time but tactical approach and moving and what you called out on the radio and how and when u entered the bulinging[/quote:oz6wr2jx]

well like one other person said Im from a small town where our potrol officers ARE you CS unit! to me it was fun and if you cant prepare for someting like that why are you in this association? the point of comp. is to be ready for ANYTHING! so get ready for CS!!! geez if you trophied you'd be like LETS KEEP IT but just b/c you didnt you're all pissed! we didnt either and we still prepare! you want to be cops? they dont tell you 'okay sweetie, your going to a CRIME SCENE. okay a CRIME SCENE!!! be perpared...heres what you need to know!' no and even if they do tell you most of the time it changes!!!!

PPD Explorer
06-25-2007, 06:39 PM
[quote="Pines 108":1q2cdwdx]It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad arse and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.

Well that your right on .... I hate CRIME SCENE ... But the active shooter was not only based on time but tactical approach and moving and what you called out on the radio and how and when u entered the bulinging

well like one other person said Im from a small town where our potrol officers ARE you CS unit! to me it was fun and if you cant prepare for someting like that why are you in this association? the point of comp. is to be ready for ANYTHING! so get ready for CS!!! geez if you trophied you'd be like LETS KEEP IT but just b/c you didnt you're all pissed! we didnt either and we still prepare! you want to be cops? they dont tell you 'okay sweetie, your going to a CRIME SCENE. okay a CRIME SCENE!!! be perpared...heres what you need to know!' no and even if they do tell you most of the time it changes!!!![/quote:1q2cdwdx]

this 1st post had nothing to do with crime scene ... its about ACTIVE SHOOTER.... i am not a CS unit . I want the to process the scene so we can get back on the road and handle real calls that need a officer on scene ... If a non sworn crime scene tech can do the job why take a officer off the road

06-25-2007, 08:12 PM
well like one other person said Im from a small town where our potrol officers ARE you CS unit! to me it was fun and if you cant prepare for someting like that why are you in this association? the point of comp. is to be ready for ANYTHING! so get ready for CS!!! geez if you trophied you'd be like LETS KEEP IT but just b/c you didnt you're all pissed! we didnt either and we still prepare! you want to be cops? they dont tell you 'okay sweetie, your going to a CRIME SCENE. okay a CRIME SCENE!!! be perpared...heres what you need to know!' no and even if they do tell you most of the time it changes!!!!

Well incase you wernt awake durring closing you may have missed when they called first place crime scene Pembroke Pines... I know its hard to remember since we were up on stage so much that day.... So ya that takes care of that and I agree with PPD Explorer Crime scene is something that a non sworn tech can handle and should handle sorry that your dept. makes officers do bit*h work but that ant my problem. I think it should be involved in another scene like in progress you arrive do your investagation and just the basic's rope off the scene set up a log and thats crime scene.. Thats what REAL OFFICERS do down south I dont know how it works in the boondocks... I guess the only way to solve this is by a vote at delegates.....

P.S. hope theres no hard feelings just a lil friendly debate. :D See everyone in september

06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
[quote="Crime Scene":3taiznks]I just want to say that I like crime scene, I'm from a little town, where we don't actually have a crime scene unit, so our normal officers are called out there.

Well I guess that is a good reason but most of us prolly have a crimescene unit ... Correct me if im wrong.... But did you like active shooter[/quote:3taiznks]

Yes, I LOVED Active Shooter.
I didn't like the time based scoring, but they are going to be changing it to normal scoring next year.

post435hollyhill
06-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Well incase you wernt awake durring closing you may have missed when they called first place crime scene Pembroke Pines... I know its hard to remember since we were up on stage so much that day.... So ya that takes care of that and I agree with PPD Explorer Crime scene is something that a non sworn tech can handle and should handle sorry that your dept. makes officers do bit*h work but that ant my problem. I think it should be involved in another scene like in progress you arrive do your investagation and just the basic's rope off the scene set up a log and thats crime scene.. Thats what REAL OFFICERS do down south I dont know how it works in the boondocks... I guess the only way to solve this is by a vote at delegates.....

P.S. hope theres no hard feelings just a lil friendly debate. :D See everyone in september

okay lil Mr 'PINES 108' I hope that you feel good about yourself...oh yeah I hope that you enjoy you trophy..see this is what makes these boards and the assoc. so unfair at sometimes. because you can just sit behind you little keyboard and get into an argument with somebody who lives a few hundred miles away!!!
and where do you get off calling Holly Hill and places like us that have 20-30 officers the boondocks? sorry honey, maybe you need to go back to school down in you little Pembroke and realise that Holly Hill and the Daytona area is a lot better and we have a lot better people 'up' here. we don't walk around with our head in the sky thinking we're the s**t. we have won NATIONALS!!! but we don't brag and put other people down for it? No! you need to get you facts straight before you bring DRAMA to the websites and assoc.

P.S.
I'm sorry that our officers actually know what there doing and don't have to worry about calling in another dept. to HELP us with stuff we can do. maybe YOU should start calling yourselves the boondocks after all we do all of our own stuff and actually do it well.
btw: ya you did just get told off by a 16 year old! :snicker:
kthxbye

PPD Explorer
06-26-2007, 01:13 AM

okay lil Mr 'PINES 108' I hope that you feel good about yourself...oh yeah I hope that you enjoy you trophy..see this is what makes these boards and the assoc. so unfair at sometimes. because you can just sit behind you little keyboard and get into an argument with somebody who lives a few hundred miles away!!!
and where do you get off calling Holly Hill and places like us that have 20-30 officers the boondocks? sorry honey, maybe you need to go back to school down in you little Pembroke and realise that Holly Hill and the Daytona area is a lot better and we have a lot better people 'up' here. we don't walk around with our head in the sky thinking we're the s**t. we have won NATIONALS!!! but we don't brag and put other people down for it? No! you need to get you facts straight before you bring DRAMA to the websites and assoc.

P.S.
I'm sorry that our officers actually know what there doing and don't have to worry about calling in another dept. to HELP us with stuff we can do. maybe YOU should start calling yourselves the boondocks after all we do all of our own stuff and actually do it well.
kthxbye

Crime scene again takes officers that could be handling in progress and emergency call off the road to do what a crime scene tech could ... Its not that we cant do it but or depts have the ability's to prioritize our budget to free up officer to do POLICE WORK something a crime scene tech cant do... My City stays busy as it is... We can ride call to call all shift and it would be even worse with leaveing officer at a crime scene...

BACK TO ACTIVE SHOOTER

06-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Hey hey hey no need to tell anyone off this is all in good fun and no need to hurt anyone's feelings... I have my facts str8 and am not in any way talking shit about holly hill or any other post. If I recall correctly your the one who brought up not knowing how to train for C.S.I. and not bringing home trophys so I thought i would bring that to your attention.. And its not that our department isnt capable of handleing those situations because we dont call in the S.O. we have our OWN tech's within our dept. to handle it. Im just saying its not POLICE WORk and like PPD explorer said down south the road is busy enough handleing priority calls no need to tie up officers on B.S. like C.S. but hey if thats what u enjoy good for you cuz just like theres always a need for officers theres always a need to tech's.

PPD Explorer
06-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Hey hey hey no need to tell anyone off this is all in good fun and no need to hurt anyone's feelings... I have my facts str8 and am not in any way talking shizzat about holly hill or any other post. If I recall correctly your the one who brought up not knowing how to train for C.S.I. and not bringing home trophys so I thought i would bring that to your attention.. And its not that our department isnt capable of handleing those situations because we dont call in the S.O. we have our OWN tech's within our dept. to handle it. Im just saying its not POLICE WORk and like PPD explorer said down south the road is busy enough handleing priority calls no need to tie up officers on B.S. like C.S. but hey if thats what u enjoy good for you cuz just like theres always a need for officers theres always a need to tech's.

That sounds about right.... 8)

06-26-2007, 09:21 PM

P.S.
kthxbye

let me start off by saying EXCELLENT effort on ur creativity, fonts, bolds, and underline. dont u just wish u were that dedicated when HH did their crime scene scenario? 8)

06-27-2007, 05:36 AM
dannowing BURN way to throw that out there you have me pissing myself right now... I guess we all agree minus those HUGE dept.'s w/ 20-30 sworn. Man thats a big P.D. we got that on the road at one time here... :lol: see yall in daytona

post435hollyhill
06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
well I'm sorry that I actually know how to use those 'pretty lil buttons' up there. and sorry to break it to you, but the average PD is 20-30 officers. and pissing yourself with a childish joke? you may want to get that checked out, its not normal. Then again voluntarily carrying a drop-down holster isn't either, so, I can see why you think it is THAT funny

06-28-2007, 09:43 PM
It was pretty good the only thing I didnt like was useing strickly Time as the decider for winner's. I understand that the point is to respond in a rapid manner but I think saftey and some other factors should be taken into account. Overall it was bad arse and to be honest I even cought myself getting tunnel vision just imange if it was the real thing. Kind of expected a little more as far as shooter's movement. Cant wait to see what they do wiht it next year.

What you have to know with Actice Shooter is that every rule you were ever taught goes out of the window, Including Officer Safety. I know this sounds bad but it is true. The Purpose in Actice shooter is to Eliminate the Target as soon as possible with Minimal Casulties. In the senario you do not have the time to worry about offier safety just that you need to get your target and get them down NOW!

I'm from a rather large department where we have our own crime scene unit that handles everything for us, but yet we still placed in the Top 10 for the event? Crime scene isnt that bad or that specialized its just common sense stuff you gota think about, yea they did have alot of tough questions but it wasnt too too bad.

PPD Explorer
06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Pines108 you are really pissing off some people ... Think your going a little to far now with the whole 20-30 officers thing.. You can say what you want just don't directly dis their city .. Thats not right their still a PD so you still got to respect them as far as that because i know you would have a enough respect to never say half this stuff to their officers.. Just keep this nice

post435hollyhill
06-29-2007, 04:48 PM
wow Pines 108...really nice and mature! you know you should be glad I don't bring my dad in and read this to him, he happens to be an Sgt. at this 'POS' dept., I love how you can just put him and his officers down like that! and until you are actually up here and see the s**t OUR officers put up with, don't talk S**T!!!!! if I did tell him, like PPD Explorer said there would be no way you'd be able to face him.

06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
You guys know what your right maybe I did take that a little too far just got cought up in it, never ment for any disrespect by it. Was just trying to have a little fun but went overboard. SORRY, hope there's no hard feelings from all of this. :(

post435hollyhill
06-29-2007, 11:24 PM
no everythings cool I am at fault too...I got pissed b/c of what you said about our agency because we keep trying to prove our selves in everything we do. Its like we take one step forward and then get pushed back 2. I want to say thanks for the apology and I want to say sorry also.

06-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Aww how sweet were like a big old happy family.... NOT lol so yuh it seems theres only like 4 of us who check this page how cool are we