PDA

View Full Version : sergeant

06-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Who should get the nod to sergeant on the next round of promotions and why. What are their qualifications and experience. Please try and keep the bashing to a minimum or post on another thread.

06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Tony Pulitano - Over 10 years experience. Worked in training as well as put together SID training. SID detective. SWAT.

Ron Barerez. Deputy of the year. SID and SET detective. Numerous commendations.

06-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Tony Pulitano - Over 10 years experience. Worked in training as well as put together SID training. SID detective. SWAT.

Ron Barerez. Deputy of the year. SID and SET detective. Numerous commendations.

Barerez is ruled out because he scored #1 on the sergeants list. Way too high. Coming out of the closet is his best chance though.

06-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Pulitano is an excellent choice, he has been in the running for a long time now, and deserves it. Tony has been there and done it all.

I worked with Ron Bararez in SID, and he is one of the best cops I have ever worked with. He got the highest score on the Sgt.'s test, he is the current Deputy of the year, he has been a SET detective, SID detective, and now he is in C.I. kicking ass. I do not know anyone who deserves it more.

Good Luck to both of these guys, I would love to work for either one. This agency needs Sgt's like these two, guys who the troops could actually respect.

06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
What about Scott Popick, I have been an F.T.D for a couple years now.

06-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Gary Howder, from Dist. 7, why not promote him, he runs the radio every afternoon like he already is a Sgt.

06-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Mike Catalano from Dist 7, he is an all around good guy, SET detective for several years, has never kissed ass, and another guy the troops would love....He is a cops cop

06-24-2007, 01:01 AM
The truth is there are several people on the list that would be good choices, there are definitely some good examples on this site......Alot of us would be happy if they would just promote someone who is somewhat worthy, and stop forwarding their political agenda.

06-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Pulitano is an excellent choice, he has been in the running for a long time now, and deserves it. Tony has been there and done it all.

I worked with Ron Bararez in SID, and he is one of the best cops I have ever worked with. He got the highest score on the Sgt.'s test, he is the current Deputy of the year, he has been a SET detective, SID detective, and now he is in C.I. kicking arse. I do not know anyone who deserves it more.

Good Luck to both of these guys, I would love to work for either one. This agency needs Sgt's like these two, guys who the troops could actually respect.

Two great guys, I could not agree more!!!

06-24-2007, 02:42 AM
These are two guys that I respect immensely. If either was my boss and told me to go thru a door, my only question would be how fast. Two great guys who have been there and done that, and it would be an honor to work for.

I think it is time to talk positively about one another, this childish backstabbing is getting old. We have enough enemies on the street and don't need to look behind our backs for someone in green and white to stab us.

If you have something negative to say, be men and post your name.

Now go ahead anonymous posters, bash me and this post. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Mike Catalano

06-24-2007, 03:11 AM
These are two guys that I respect immensely. If either was my boss and told me to go thru a door, my only question would be how fast. Two great guys who have been there and done that, and it would be an honor to work for.

I think it is time to talk positively about one another, this childish backstabbing is getting old. We have enough enemies on the street and don't need to look behind our backs for someone in green and white to stab us.

Now go ahead anonymous posters, bash me and this post. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Mike Catalano

I love ya, man! But seriously, it takes cahhonnes to post your name.

06-24-2007, 04:03 AM

Mike Catalano

06-24-2007, 04:05 AM

Mike Catalano

And this is exactly why I wrote earlier that he would be a great choice for Sgt., A Cops Cop.....

06-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Mike Catalano is a great choice. When he was a SET detective in Tamarac him and his partner located the carload of scumbags that had just shot Brian Tephord and Corey Carbocci. They were able to take the driver into custody and the other 3 were then apprehended in less than 24 hours. Without them making the stop that night these scumbags might have made it to the Bahamas and not been caught. Mike also took over as OIC and handled the radio. Now that's who I want as a supervisor someone who has proven themself and can act under pressure.

06-24-2007, 05:58 AM
I think that this thread really hit on something important, It is too bad promotions are not based at least partially on peer recommendations.....I know there will always be a few haters in the crowd, but who better to pick a supervisor then the people that actually work with or have worked with the person.....the truth is the people doing the picking don't even know these guys!!!!!

06-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Catalano is defenitely a stand up guy and a great cop. I heard he is not much of a poker player though. Stay safe everyone!

06-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Mike, Tony and Ron are all great guy's and COPS!!!
There is oly one problem with all three of them, they are WHITE and the MINORITY in BSO.

BSO doesn't want to promote good cops especially if they are white. They want to promote females, blacks and hispanics with less then 5 years on the job, they are incompetant and a disgrace to this profession.

And if you do get promoted and your white, you probably have a HOOK. Take a look at the last four promotions, you might have five white Sgt's that actually have deserved their stripes and have done some kind of real police work in their career.

06-24-2007, 04:45 PM
There is oly one problem with all three of them, they are WHITE and the MINORITY in BSO.

BSO doesn't want to promote good cops especially if they are white. They want to promote females, blacks and hispanics with less then 5 years on the job, they are incompetant and a disgrace to this profession.

And if you do get promoted and your white, you probably have a HOOK. Take a look at the last four promotions, you might have five white Sgt's that actually have deserved their stripes and have done some kind of real police work in their career.

The HOOK is how the incompetents get promoted. And they actually think they deserve the promotion too. Look at the last 2 promotion ceremonies. Sgt Weir was the only one who earned and deserved it.

06-24-2007, 08:39 PM

I worked with Ron Bararez in SID, and he is one of the best cops I have ever worked with. He got the highest score on the Sgt.'s test, he is the current Deputy of the year, he has been a SET detective, SID detective, and now he is in C.I. kicking arse. I do not know anyone who deserves it more.

COULD YOU IMAGINE IF IT WAS A FEMALE OR BLACK DEPUTY OF THE YEAR WITH THE HIGHEST SCORE ON THE SGT'S TEST!!!!!!!! AND STILL HAS NOT BEEN PROMOTED, AFTER THEY HAVE PROMOTED 20 PEOPLE OFF OF THIS LIST............CAN YOU SAY LAWSUIT!!!!!!!! THE WHITE GUYS JUST HAVE TO SIT AROUND AND TAKE IT IN THE SHORTS.......

THIS GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON???????????????

06-24-2007, 08:46 PM

The HOOK is how the incompetents get promoted. And they actually think they deserve the promotion too. Look at the last 2 promotion ceremonies. Sgt Weir was the only one who earned and deserved it.

I do not agree with this one bit, there have been some good guys promoted, that is not the problem. The problem is the amount of shitty promotions that have been made...non-deserving females, family members, blacks and whites....And as for Weir isn't he the guy who was a cop for like two days then went into mounted and then went into SID....if it is, seems to me like he may know someone.

06-24-2007, 08:47 PM

Mike Catalano

What kind of balls does it take to write something positive? I like Mike but this is a little cheesey. I know he hopes the administration reads this and sees what a great guy he is. Trying a little too hard I think. He will be a good sergeant but please!

06-24-2007, 08:52 PM

I do not agree with this one bit, there have been some good guys promoted, that is not the problem. The problem is the amount of shitty promotions that have been made...non-deserving females, family members, blacks and whites....And as for Weir isn't he the guy who was a cop for like two days then went into mounted and then went into SID....if it is, seems to me like he may know someone.

Weir has over 20 years with Pompano and BSO. He was in CI for a lot of it. Your thinking of Danny Marks. He's the one who did a year on the road and got promoted out of mounted. He got into the Varona card game and if you loose enough money to them you get made. Nice guy but its a joke they sent him to SID or promoted him to begin with. He got his masters degree and threatened to go the secrect service. We all know what an education does for police talent.

06-24-2007, 08:59 PM

Weir has over 20 years with Pompano and BSO. He was in CI for a lot of it. Your thinking of Danny Marks. He's the one who did a year on the road and got promoted out of mounted. He got into the Varona card game and if you loose enough money to them you get made. Nice guy but its a joke they sent him to SID or promoted him to begin with. He got his masters degree and threatened to go the secrect service. We all know what an education does for police talent.

You are correct, that is what is great about this board you can clear up mistakes like this, I stand corrected thank you for clarifying.....I am sure Weir is a great guy.....Marks is definitely one of the privledged ones.

06-24-2007, 10:01 PM
If you know me then you know I don't do anything for the cheese factor or to make myself look good to the admin. I simply tell it like it is. I believe in commending my peers because if we don't do it nobody will.

I respect your opinion though.

06-25-2007, 03:00 AM
He'd be a great Sergeant......if he passed the test...or did he....or didnt he???????? He thinks he'd be a great Sgt. anyway!!!!!! Ask him!

06-26-2007, 05:19 AM

Popick, Popick, Popick, Popick... :idea:

06-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Mike Catalano is a great choice. When he was a SET detective in Tamarac him and his partner located the carload of scumbags that had just shot Brian Tephord and Corey Carbocci. They were able to take the driver into custody and the other 3 were then apprehended in less than 24 hours. Without them making the stop that night these scumbags might have made it to the Bahamas and not been caught. Mike also took over as OIC and handled the radio. Now that's who I want as a supervisor someone who has proven themself and can act under pressure.

Hey Alpha Male, I couldn't agree w/u more.... and to add to your blog, (not that these guys need it), but they should have gotten deputy of the month-or even of the year ! Not even a thank you from the brass ! So, the next idiot that writes that the brass is good, and we shouldn't be writing this stuff...talk to these guys... I hear you guys have a deputy that made a phone call to some scum bag and got the deputy of the year award.... WHAT ? Yeah, that's the type of ass kissing we have hear. My RESPECT is w/Mike CATALANO and his peers. I would love to see CATALANO as SGT. He has balls, and the respect from all the guys.
The Dist. 7 brass sucks, but they want the guys to have a good attitude? Yeah, right....night eyes, yeah maybe you'll get deputy of the year for night eyes. MIKE keep up the good work man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
I think that this thread really hit on something important, It is too bad promotions are not based at least partially on peer recommendations.....I know there will always be a few haters in the crowd, but who better to pick a supervisor then the people that actually work with or have worked with the person.....the truth is the people doing the picking don't even know these guys!!!!!

If Tony P. has been on the list for years, and he has 10 years on the job, that means he's still a rookie for SGT. I hear he threw a temper fit, the first year on the job when Lt. Canfield did not allow him to be on the SWAT team 'cus he hadn't done his respectfully 2 years on the road. Now, MIKE CATALANO, that's another story, he's been on the road, he's done the drug thing, etc. etc. HE'S the kinda guy any deputy would be proud to work for. He WON'T SCREW YOU (brass did you hear that?). The brass and the ars kissers don't like it when we talk about them. Oh, :P go cry some other place. We wish you the best MIKE>

06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Quite honestly though, Tony P has alot more credentials and qualifications then myself and most on the list. The Sgt list has so much talent on it, and most of us on the list have no problem taking a back seat to the more talented and experienced deputies that deserve it.

Mike

06-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Quite honestly though, Tony P has alot more credentials and qualifications then myself and most on the list. The Sgt list has so much talent on it, and most of us on the list have no problem taking a back seat to the more talented and experienced deputies that deserve it.

Mike

I'm going to puke!

06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
[quote="Mike Catalano":2sabbo85]Thanks for the kind words. Quite honestly though, Tony P has alot more credentials and qualifications then myself and most on the list. The Sgt list has so much talent on it, and most of us on the list have no problem taking a back seat to the more talented and experienced deputies that deserve it.

Mike

I'm going to puke![/quote:2sabbo85]

Please do, and then leave our forum... D head

06-27-2007, 01:02 AM
[quote="Mike Catalano":1lwfsg0i]Thanks for the kind words. Quite honestly though, Tony P has alot more credentials and qualifications then myself and most on the list. The Sgt list has so much talent on it, and most of us on the list have no problem taking a back seat to the more talented and experienced deputies that deserve it.

Mike

I'm going to puke![/quote:1lwfsg0i]

You sir are a punk ass *****, what should make you puke is the promotional practices of this agency....if you want to run your mouth why don't you talk about that instead of trying to pick fights with people on here

superlw8
06-27-2007, 05:03 AM
As nice as it is to dream of the guys you'd love to see do well actually succeed, the truth is the Sgt.'s test is a sham, all they really want is someone who will do the dirty work and keep quiet about it. I repeat, the agency is a joke. Long gone are the days of being rewarded for being the best. Now all people are rewarded for is being push-overs.

superlw8
06-28-2007, 06:14 AM

I'm with you scotty!

06-28-2007, 10:38 PM
The Sergeant's test is too much of an ancient, archaic, inadequate way to choose who should lead our soldiers into battle. This leadership position should be based on the success of the deputy's career, his/her tenure of service (which should be AT LEAST 5 years before even being considered for the position), his/her proven ethics and his/her ability to work as a team player. He/she should be respected by his/her fellow worker and all of this information should be the factors in the selection process. No more favoritism from up above, no more card players with admin, no more of the past bull-doo-doo we have endured for years. I have taken and passed Sgt exams in my career but have been "passed over". I do not regret what I have made of my career. I am saddened to see what has become of my fellow law enforcement personnel. In the words of the infamous a@@wipe, "Can't we all get along". Hey, he may have figured something out with that statement. Be kind to one another. The brother/sister you feel ill towards may be the one saving your butt. You all will forever be held in the highest standards by one who has seen it all. God bless all of you.[/b]

05-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Why weren't we angry about the promotional process back then?????????????

05-13-2008, 11:51 PM
I think it should be CR.....he has been on the road for about 5 months and already knows everything.

10-14-2013, 03:44 AM
And what makes you think there going to hit the list again ? We can't even afford to purchase new cars. :cop:

10-14-2013, 04:02 AM
In my opinion, everyone on the list is qualified. Some are better than others, but unfortunately, it's not what you know, but who you know.

I would ADD John Rodriguez from D-8 to the list. Over 20 yrs experience with Phila P.D. & BSO combined. He's definitely a "cops-cop". I had the opportunity of being his FTO and was very impressed with his experience. Not much ruffled his feathers.

He's also the next Medal of Honor recipient this month,(10-22), as well for that mess on Hwy 27 several weeks ago.

10-14-2013, 11:31 AM

Sgt Weird- LOL :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10-14-2013, 04:01 PM

Mike Catalano

An arse kisser trying to impress the brass! You da man baby-girl!

10-14-2013, 04:25 PM
Ron Barerez!!! He's a phuckinhg rat scumbg Unbelievable!

Post your name when attacking someone, *****. Or really man up and call him, I bet you won't.

10-14-2013, 04:36 PM
What a freaking loser, whoever is obsessed with Mike or Ron to drum up a post from 5+ years ago. Get a life and move on. Ron already became a Sgt and is now a Lt., that must kill you? And Mike is a Sgt in SID, haha!

10-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Please list all the numerous people ratted out by him. Liar

10-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Too many to count. Why you so upset , you banging him? Phucking loser

10-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Hey Coward, if there are that many surely you could name one or two? You are a piece of excrement, anonymously attacking good people, but then again that is what this site is all about. It should be named Coward's Affairs.

10-14-2013, 09:01 PM
That's a good one loser.