PDA

View Full Version : New Blood

06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Guest!...If you look at excited's post and read carefully, you will notice three words.....HIGHLY EXPERIENCED.....EDUCATED. Something DEP has been desparately needing (and not experience relating to the park service or former marine patrol!)

06-23-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes, the key words are EXPERIENCED IN LAW ENFORCEMENT and EDUCATED.

Perhaps this agency can begin the leaps and bounds forward so desperately needed. I am very excited to see this law enforcement supervisor getting the recognition she deserves. I am also looking forward to meeting her and beginning a new chapter in DEP.

Ditto on the comments about the former park managers and Marine Patrol Officers.

06-24-2007, 03:55 PM
The new chief will surely be an improvement, but what has happened to the Director's claim that he will promote from within :?: :( This appointment restricts the promotion opportunities for those of us at the bottom. Maybe the selection for the new chief is political rather than the best qualified!

06-24-2007, 08:43 PM
If you read the memo from Director Barnet and AD Gibson, you will have noticed that the Director has restructured the hiring process for all involved, this includes us bottom feeders that have been passed over and over again for promotion.

As for your comment about being a political hire verses the most qualified person, have you ever thought that the last regime hired strictly on the "bubba system" and perhaps that is why we got in shape we are in now?

Sounds to me like your having a hard time dealing working for a woman. :P

06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Unfortunately, due to the bubba system, there was really no one inside qualified to be the new BC for FPP. There's been lotsa leap-froggin tho - from an entry level officer at TPD to Lt/Capt at the IG to AD. Not a great deal of supervisory experience there. At last count, there are 2 captains' positions and at least 1 if not 2 lieutenants' positions to be filled.

This provides a great deal of movement in what is otherwise a fairly static small law enforcement organization. If you wanna move up, tune up your attitude now. Maybe you'll get lucky (if you're qualified).

Word of advice: Try not to badmouth other people / organizations. Not everyone that came from FMP or FPS are losers. Not all that came here from SOs, municipal PDs or corrections are whiners. Let's just all get along and make this division the best that it can be by virtue of its greatest strenth: diversity. Good luck, climbers. :)

06-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Did Chief walls retire? Who is your chief now? From an outsider about to apply, thanks

06-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Highly educated with a degree from Barry "we give you credit for work" University? Many LEO's get Associates Degrees from a community college and then apply to Barry U. for a Bachelor's. It's not automatic, but close to it. Sorry, when I see a degree from a state university (UF,FSU,UCF,USF,UWF,UNF, or FAMU) then I know the person has some-not Ivy League, but some- academic credentials.

The command staff doesn't have a great pedigree. The degrees with Sally Struthers' photo should have been a clue.

06-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Our new chief seems very qualified, however, her qualifications seem to go better for BEI. It sounds like she has a lot of investigative experience, but very little patrol/field experience. That's my only concern. Someone with a little bit more background in patrol would have been nice. We'll see.....

06-30-2007, 12:10 PM
As someone who went to Barry for an undergrad degree and then a major state university for grad work I am in a position to tell you that Barry beats the state university hands down. Barry professors haev academic credentials and a real job as opposed to the liberal career university types in the state university system.

Everyone knows that a Criminal Justice degree from a state university is for those on the verge of flunking out!

06-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Who is the new chief?

07-01-2007, 01:06 AM
If you would have read the memo closer you would have seen that she only spent 4 years with FHP. The rest of her career was with ABT and the AG Office.

At least she had the opportunity to get a college degree. Stop the college degree crap and let's start working in a positive manner with our new administration.

07-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but my agency waived the college requirements and are now going back due to the unqualified people applying, however if you want educated clientel and experience, your gonna have to pay them so good luck.