PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Dressing Up

06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Can anyone tell me why we have to wear uniforms or business attire when we are confined to the dispatch area and do not deal with the public directly. I have been trying to get my department to allow dispatchers to come in in sweatpants or (tasteful) pajamas, but they refuse to entertain any of these ideas. Answering a phone wearing a uniform is the same as answering a phone in a two piece pajama set only with the pajamas I'm not sweating as much. If we have a planed meeting with the public or the media for example, I have no problem with bathing that day, using make-up, and wearing the uniform but everyday? Come on...let common sense rule. Allow us to be comfortable.

06-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Here is an intresting concept.

Look Professional, Act professional, BE professional.

Let the slobs work somewhere else.

06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree with you that we should be able to wear sweatpants and t-shirts, although I'm not so sure about the whole pajamas thing. I always thought pajamas should be reserved for night-time. I also think that one should only wear pajamas in front of ones spouse, not co-workers or even friends. Some call me old-fasioned but I think the old ways are best. Clothes in the day and pajamas in night.

06-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Here is an intresting concept.

Look Professional, Act professional, BE professional.

Let the slobs work somewhere else.

Let me get this straight. I can't act profesional wearing sweatpants? I can't be proffesional wearing pajama pants and an oversized t-shirt. That's insane. If everyone in the dispatch area were wearing pajamas then it would simply be a casual, comfortable, and professional workplace. Granted, if some chose to still wear uniforms or business attire it may be awkward but if we made dressing down mandatory then I think it would work.

06-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Ok, this same idiot has been making all the same posts....sounds like someone is disgruntle

06-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Studies have proven that if you dress in a professional manner, then you tend to act in professional manner. But there is nothing wrong in allowing sweatpants and a fitting t-shirt(with a communications logo on them) on the midnight shift..to me that is the worst shift to be comfortable in wearing uniforms with a belt.

06-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Better buy extra extra large!

06-26-2007, 03:28 AM
Better buy extra extra large! :devil: NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!

superlw8
06-27-2007, 04:38 AM
simply put people can't be trusted. as soon as you allow dress down all the time you would be amazed at the crap people wear to the center. you work in law enforcement, dress down is nice, but you have to expect to wear a uniform.

06-28-2007, 12:47 AM
simply put people can't be trusted. as soon as you allow dress down all the time you would be amazed at the crap people wear to the center. you work in law enforcement, dress down is nice, but you have to expect to wear a uniform.

I agree that people might take advantage of the dress down policy but what about department issued pajamas? That would prevent some dispatchers from wearing way too revealing sleepwear and others from wearing (well honestly) just plain ugly pj's. Nothing's worse than those old flannel pajamas with the butt flap and oversized buttons. (lol) A department issued set of pajamas would allow all dispatchers to remain comfortable but keeping within sleepwear policies for the department.

superlw8
06-28-2007, 06:23 AM
I agree that people might take advantage of the dress down policy but what about department issued pajamas? That would prevent some dispatchers from wearing way too revealing sleepwear and others from wearing (well honestly) just plain ugly pj's. Nothing's worse than those old flannel pajamas with the butt flap and oversized buttons. (lol) A department issued set of pajamas would allow all dispatchers to remain comfortable but keeping within sleepwear policies for the department.

I think that is the craziest thing I've heard on here yet. Department Issued PJ's? Really? It's law enforcement, not a slumber party. I am completely for the issuance of Class B's and things like that, but I think PJ's is taking this a bit too far.

07-02-2007, 05:17 AM
Where I used to work some people wore daisy dukes to work when the
supervisors said we could wear shorts on the weekends...there went the
shorts..before uniforms some of us wore the city shorts (shorts down to
the knee and a jacket or nice blouse), but the daisy duke girls with their
short short shorts and jeans with holes in them made sure that was taken
away. Dress professional- act professional

07-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Our uniforms are jeans and a polo shirt the Tampa Police Communications on one side and our names on the other. Although I agree we should not wear pj's and/or clubbing outfits I do think its ok to dress down. Especially people who work the 3rd shift. Who see's you. And the mentality that if you dont dress professional you wont act professional, I disagree 100%. We have been wearing jeans for nearly 10 years now. And as far as Im concerned we are all very professional.

07-02-2007, 08:26 PM
tho opertators on the 1900-numbers get to wear what ever they want even if the size matches the XXX job.

07-02-2007, 08:28 PM
tho opertators on the 1-900-numbers get to wear what ever they want even if the size matches the X-X-X job.

07-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Law Enforcement is professional environment not a private company. If you want to wear whatever you would like resign your postion properly and find employment that pays you to wear the attire you desire. But since working in the horizontal position is currently illegal in the United States you where the approved attire.

07-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Law Enforcement is professional environment not a private company. If you want to wear whatever you would like resign your postion properly and find employment that pays you to wear the attire you desire. But since working in the horizontal position is currently illegal in the United States you where the approved attire.

In a professional envirorment, we no (KNOW) the differance between where and wear

THE POLISE OFFERSIRFER

07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Are you people for real? PJ's, sweatpants, OMG - this is a JOB!!!! Not a common gathering. Grow up - your not in high school anymore.... you get paid to work - not "lounge".

07-07-2007, 03:40 AM

In a professional envirorment, we no (KNOW) the differance between where and wear

THE POLISE OFFERSIRFER

We also know the difference between envirorment and "environment" bubba

08-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Ok, the original poster is a total TARD! I can see jeans and a polo with a logo on it but pajamas? It's work, not a slumber party. I wouldn't even wear PJ's to Walmart much less somewhere I am trying to perform a job and want my superiors to respect the job I am doing. If you want to wear pajamas, get a job at an adult lingerie store! I can't believe such a retard is working in dispatch!