PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep his stories straight!!!!!!

06-21-2007, 02:46 AM
First it was John Gallagher wont let me give you the GAP insurance. That myth was squashed when Gallagher himself said that he did not care about GAP for deputies, he gives it to his employees, why shouldn't the Sheriff give it to his people?

Next it was the public won't allow him to provide GAP insurance to deputies. This myth was busted when many members of the public said they wish to see their police (and fire, for that matter) be given the same benefits as the Sheriff will receive when he retires.

Then it was that he had no money to do an actuary to see how much the GAP insurance would cost the agency. This myth, too, was busted in his administration's own memos delivered courtesy of a pubic records request coupled with FOP supplied information.

Now the story teller (BW himself, none the less) finally ADMITS to D-1 read off tonite that he had planned on providing for GAP insurance, but the deputies chose a union, so he took this benefit off the table. "I will show you," he seems to taunt the employees.

Tom Lake, I hope you are paying attention. Just another one of the MANY ways the Sheriff is once again playing with people's careers, livelihood, and the public trust. If this man cannot keep his word or be trusted, why should the public put their faith in him to uphold the law and have their best interests at heart?

(specific enough for you Troy?)

06-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Does Gallagher give gap insurance to his union people?

The Sheriff doesn't get gap insurance. He gets 75-100% of his (high 5) pay at retirement (after 25-34 years), and a few dollars for every year of service toward insurance, just like any other sworn person. In other words, the deputies get the exact same benefits at the sheriff when they retire.

Take a look at this post and the link about the actuary. This was put out before the property tax issue. USA Today can't be in on the conspiracy.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=13310

:wink:

06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Does Gallagher give gap insurance to his union people?

The Sheriff doesn't get gap insurance. He gets 75-100% of his (high 5) pay at retirement (after 25-34 years), and a few dollars for every year of service toward insurance, just like any other sworn person. In other words, the deputies get the exact same benefits at the sheriff when they retire.

Take a look at this post and the link about the actuary. This was put out before the property tax issue. USA Today can't be in on the conspiracy.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=13310

:wink:not true, research the sheriffs insurance/retirement plan he falls under a whole different catagory. set for life basically. so stop posting propaganda!!! troy

06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Troy better watch out, soon his only reason for being here may be gone and he will have to figure out what his future holds. It may be hard to be a supervisor if you have no experience in anything.

06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
The Sheriff has the exact same insurance and retirement benfits as the rest of the sworn members. Saying he gets more is a great way to stir the pot and get everyone fired up.

The research was done on a previous post:

"The Retirement Guide for the Elected Officers' Class, 2004 Edition" does not seem to mention "extra benefits including the health coverage after retirement?"

http://dms.myflorida.com/dms2/content/d ... le/eoc.pdf (http://dms.myflorida.com/dms2/content/download/16546/91637/version/1/file/eoc.pdf) (See page 61)

It only mentions the Health Insurance Subsidy (HIS), which is available to ALL FRS retirees (up to $150 a month). Since the % values are the same for elected class and special risk (see page 22 in the above booklet), I don't see the advantage of going with elected class.

It also looks (page 47) like you have to wait until age 62 (or 30 years) in elected class for normal retirement, which is worse than special risk!

Again -

Vague and personal attacks = personal and/or hidden agenda.

06-21-2007, 11:48 PM
personal attacks. is that your new catch phrase that the admin. is useing. try again troy or big al.

06-22-2007, 02:49 AM
That is pretty low. Didn't the Sheriff go to Lacoochee after Bo's death to calm tension, meeting with people one on one, under the tree? Doesn't sound like a bigot to me.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/acc ... +EDITORIAL (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/351923281.html?dids=351923281:351923281&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Jun+26%2C+2003&author=&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=2&desc=Appeal+for+talks+on+race+is+well+timed+Series %3A+EDITORIAL)

If this isn't a personal and vague attack, there isn't one.

Again -

Vague and personal attacks = personal and/or hidden agenda.

Again - Let's all take the quiz!

http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/itl/graphics/adhom/adhom.html

Does the shoe fit?

06-22-2007, 03:25 AM
We need change at the pcso Iam all about that, great leaders are those that can humble themselves and serve those that work hard for them no matter of race or gender, this post truly saddens me if true about the one that leads my office. I love to protect the law abiding citizens of pasco I never would make race or gender a reason not to protect them, if this is true maybe the FBI needs to investigate the man you write about. CAN ANYONE PROVIDE PROOF ABOUT WHAT YOU WRITE ABOUT, IF TRUE IT nEEDS TO COME OUT.

06-22-2007, 04:44 AM
Well we know Admin is trying play kiss Arse on this post so you are speaking and smoke screening is pathetic. The Sheriff had no fu$#&%$ choice but to go and quell the tension. A very tragic matter happen and the law enforcement community lost a brother (No Color involved). The sheriff was a freshman and he had no choice. Please can you come up with something better there guest. If I was a freshman sheriff I would be showing up to quell some tension too if one of deputy was KILLED in the line of duty(BUT I WOULD BE TRUE TO THE TROOPS AND PASCO COUNTY). So dont try to make Lt. Bo incident a positive thing for the sheriff. IT WAS TRAGIC and a GREAT LOSS to the community he had no choice but to get OFF his Fu^%$*& A@# and step up to the plate. So Admin you can take that article and paste it on your lips that use every AM on someone A@# that you kiss. Swat keep it real I feel what you are saying and I concur 100%. As I said before if anybody would quit checking this post and do public records check at AB&T on the Rock Star. you will have your answers. I guess the billboards was just a good thing that a select are using to quell the EXTREME BU&^ SH#@ going on every day HUH. Rock On Baby

06-22-2007, 07:14 AM
The man is a a$$, but he didn't blow the deputy off over race. It was due to a FOP shirt the man was wearing. The a$$ hates FOP and wants to destroy anyone and anything that stands in his way of being the king.

He will compromize any one of us to achieve his agenda and HAS done it in the past. He even turned his back on the ones he compromized. He knows who they are.

Oh and Bob, talk to your wife and make the decision to step down after this term, or not. But if you run then you can enjoy all the documented facts and crap you pulled before leaving beverage and stuff you did getting here. OOOOPS! You thought all that was buried I bet. You see some of us have friends in the places you would least expect. What size jumpsuit do you wear?

06-22-2007, 11:13 AM
The Sheriff didn't have to go to Lacoochee, he could have sent goon squads in and started a riot (like they have done in many other places). If he was racists and didn’t even want to shake the hand of an African American, that is what he probably would have done. He would have never stood around a burn barrel and talked with the community.

Of course, no matter what he does, those who have a personal or hidden agenda will spin it into a negative. If he does something good for the troops, he had to do it (not because he cares). If he does something perceived as negative, he did it to intentionally upset the troops. How crazy does that sound?

Calling someone a racist is a very serious allegation. Does the Sheriff get section 112 (Florida Statutes) rights? You know, the Golden Rule.

This is a great link, it even talks about calling someone a racist:

http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/itl/graphics/adhom/adhom.html

06-22-2007, 03:39 PM
He does NOT support the deputies. As far as Radford goes, he was totally out of line for saying that. Of course, he has encountered EVERY type of situation in his years at DEP. Just listen to his war stories he tells.

Regarding the original topic, Yes, the boss has flip flopped a lot. Wasn't there a guy running for president that did that too? I seem to remember someone being for a tax, before he was against the tax.

The boss was for the deputies, before being against the deputies. This will cost him. So, maurice, gail, troy or whichever captain/lieutenant or sergeant who owes your success to the boss, your forced, or blind loyalty will be something you will need to deal with before long. Just watch what you do during the next campaign year or you may occupy the same cell as the boss.