PDA

View Full Version : TOO HOT

06-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Why the heck is it too hard to schedule the in-service range time during the fall/winter/spring months when its not so blazing hot at the range.....All it takes is a little scheduling coordination......Its gotta be close to 90 and then its pour rain....what a cluster.....

06-19-2007, 01:08 AM
sounds like you had alot of fun out there today

06-19-2007, 11:54 PM
toughen up a little there deputy. You are a DEPUTY aren't you?

How do you think our boys feel in Iraq?

Stop whining and sweat for a day.

06-20-2007, 01:29 AM
The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in the field. Think of how the Trainers feel, out there all day, all week. I'm sick of every little complaints on this forum. PBSO has almost 2000 Deps LE and Corr. to put through In Service every year. And they do it with the same amount of Trainers that they had 20 years ago when the Training Unit was developed. There are so many back wood agencies that get hardly get any training and you are *****ing about the heat. Then get out of South Florida. Over 250 agencies use our range, the Training Bureau does their best to get all of us through In Service despite our best efforts to blow it off. Please keep this forum for informative issues only.

06-20-2007, 02:28 PM
We should all be thankful of our front line training staff they CARE! They are open to new ideas, They want to know from us how they can help us better.
The training we get in DT's and Firearms and force on force is better than some military units.

Thanks Training!

06-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Why teh heck is it too hard to schedule the in-service range time during the fall/winter/spring months when its not so blazing hot at the range.....All it takes is a little scheduling coordination......Its gotta be close to 90 and then its pour rain....what a cluster.....

This person reminds me of the AP Det. who got Defensive Tactics canceled because she didn't know how to block a punch and hurt her poor head.

06-21-2007, 02:26 PM
What a load of junk......If they do just the range stuff during the fall/winter months....even just a few days a week, they could do the whole agency easily.....More sweat equels less blood is crazy and just some cute slogan the kung-fu master/Jedi knight put out there....

06-22-2007, 05:54 AM
Why teh heck is it too hard to schedule the in-service range time during the fall/winter/spring months when its not so blazing hot at the range.....All it takes is a little scheduling coordination......Its gotta be close to 90 and then its pour rain....what a cluster.....
Like you know when its hot

06-22-2007, 06:22 PM
To the original poster: Youa re probably the one who had your Sergeant schedule you for I.S. during January or February and came up with a excuse not to go and had to be rescheduled for when there was an opening. My suggestion to you is take your training seriously and go when your scheduled and quit *****ing about it when you have no one to blame but yourself............

06-24-2007, 05:25 AM
To the original poster: Youa re probably the one who had your Sergeant schedule you for I.S. during January or February and came up with a excuse not to go and had to be rescheduled for when there was an opening. My suggestion to you is take your training seriously and go when your scheduled and quit *****ing about it when you have no one to blame but yourself............

Hahahaaaa :lol:

Ghostrider
06-25-2007, 07:31 PM
I have been a high liability instructor for 5 years. I have yet to see a Deputy melt at the range!! Whine yes melt no.......

06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I have been a high liability instructor for 5 years. I have yet to see a Deputy melt at the range!! Whine yes melt no.......

I guess no one has melted..Youre right....how many have had heat related problems??? If you say zero, you are either mis-informed or worse. there is no need for it.

06-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Be glad we don't train in our duty gear, uniform and vest...Next hot call, please get a flat tire or show up later and put the crime scene tape up or something...with the mentality of a sheep you will only get slaughtered...Lets put the training winers in the 2nd Marine Division for one tour, then they'd either get consumed or become meat eaters...

06-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Be glad we don't train in our duty gear, uniform and vest...Next hot call, please get a flat tire or show up later and put the crime scene tape up or something...with the mentality of a sheep you will only get slaughtered...Lets put the training winers in the 2nd Marine Division for one tour, then they'd either get consumed or become meat eaters...

huh???