PDA

View Full Version : Diet Suggestions

06-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Does anyone have any good ideas? The feed troff at work is so tough to resist. When I'm not gossiping, or denying meal breaks, I cant keep the food out of my mouth. The elevator broke last week and now I have to take the stairs for my smoke breaks. What should I do. I'm also eyeing this good looking sergeant who is in the drop plan and promises he will leave his wife. As one of the last straight ones dispatching, it is really tough.

06-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Take your stupid idiotic posts and go some where else. If you cant come to the dispacther site with positive things to talk about then dont come at all. Just another ass hole trying to bash dispatchers. Were not all like that. Get a life dude.

06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Does anyone have any good ideas? The feed troff at work is so tough to resist. When I'm not gossiping, or denying meal breaks, I cant keep the food out of my mouth. The elevator broke last week and now I have to take the stairs for my smoke breaks. What should I do. I'm also eyeing this good looking sergeant who is in the drop plan and promises he will leave his wife. As one of the last straight ones dispatching, it is really tough.

That is Hillarious ! ! ! ! !

06-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Making fun of dispatcher's is NOT funny. We work hard to keep you safe on the streets. Furthermore, we sacrifice just as much as you do, just in a different way. Our weight problem is a result of us having to constantly sit in dispatch to serve you. ALSO we are forced to order take-out because we can't just get up and stop at a resturant like you can. Count yourself lucky that you have the option to eat someplace healthy because the delivery places we are forced to order from are fast-food....but we dont have a choice. And speaking of diner breaks, could you not 10-50 someone or stop that same homeless guy (that you've stopped 10 times before) during the times you know we are trying to eat. We take our meal breaks & our coffee breaks in and around the same time every night so why do you have do generate activity then. Please think of others. Lastly, please don't discriminate against us with weight issues. Obesity is a disease, something we have little to no control over. You would never make fun of a cripple but thinks it's perfectly fine to make fat jokes about us dispatchers. If you would simply look past physical beauty and try and get to know us on the inside, you would find that we are can be date worthy too. So please think before you post something cruel about us in the future.

06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Making fun of dispatcher's is NOT funny. We work hard to keep you safe on the streets. Furthermore, we sacrifice just as much as you do, just in a different way. Our weight problem is a result of us having to constantly sit in dispatch to serve you. ALSO we are forced to order take-out because we can't just get up and stop at a resturant like you can. Count yourself lucky that you have the option to eat someplace healthy because the delivery places we are forced to order from are fast-food....but we dont have a choice. And speaking of diner breaks, could you not 10-50 someone or stop that same homeless guy (that you've stopped 10 times before) during the times you know we are trying to eat. We take our meal breaks & our coffee breaks in and around the same time every night so why do you have do generate activity then. Please think of others. Lastly, please don't discriminate against us with weight issues. Obesity is a disease, something we have little to no control over. You would never make fun of a cripple but thinks it's perfectly fine to make fat jokes about us dispatchers. If you would simply look past physical beauty and try and get to know us on the inside, you would find that we are can be date worthy too. So please think before you post something cruel about us in the future. :lol: :lol: You had me at date worthy........LMAO!!!!..... :lol: :lol:

06-22-2007, 01:08 AM
You are in the center to do a job. The people working the road DO NOT and should not have to work around your meal and break schedule. Your career is public service; neither public nor deputy gives a rats behind about what time you eat and drink coffee, nor should they. If you have been in this profession for any length of time, you would know this and wouldn't have posted in the 1st place. In your line of work, ANYTHING can happen at ANYTIME and you must be prepared. So, bring your meal from home (a nice healthy salad in a cooler works great) and coffee is bad for you anyways. And just another note, I dispatched for 12 years, I ate a lot, and I am overweight. I don't blame the job OR the cops.

06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Omg you have got to be kidding me? Please dont go S50 while I'm stuffing my face? What is that all about? I'm a dispatcher too who brings in a salad every night for lunch. Not only do I refuse to waste money on take out, I don't feel like putting on the extra pounds. Please, someone confess to joking around with that post because Jenny just made us all sound like the "typical dispatcher" rep.

06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Well, all this bashing crap aside........I think it is a TRAVESTY that you ladies and gentlemen working in the comm centers cannot get up and walk away from your consoles and eat your meals away fromt he noise of the job. If they make you eat at your consoles, you should not be charged for the "10-40" time.....what is it, a 1/2 hour???? No way...what kind of break is taht atyour work station??

06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Take your stupid idiotic posts and go some where else. If you cant come to the dispacther site with positive things to talk about then dont come at all. Just another arse hole trying to bash dispatchers. Were not all like that. Get a life dude.

Did you recent my post or resemble it? Which part was a little too close to home? Can't we all laugh at ourselves a little? I think Jenny understands. She and I could have a lot of fun together! Uh oh... 10-94 code III...... cant type, eat, and dispatch at the same time....later.
:)

06-23-2007, 12:32 AM
No I do not resemeble your post. I am a senior dispatcher and I am not overweight. It is the point behind the things you said. We all know the shit rolls down hill and always lands on the dispatcher. It is the typical sterotyping that goes along with being a dispacher that I do not like. Not all of us are fat. Not all of us are bad dispatchers. Some of us do care about the jobs we do and the officers whose lives we are in charge of. I just get sick and tired of everything always being radios fault. I have seen numerous officers/deputys that are well above their required weight. But do we make fun of them. NO!!! So why is there so much negativity? Why can we not look for the positive things we as dispatchers do. What difference does it make if were fat or skinny, as long as we do are jobs and are good at what we do. Were just a voice, looks should not even be a factor. But thanks for you insight since you seem to think you have so much of it.

06-23-2007, 05:40 PM
No I do not resemeble your post. I am a senior dispatcher and I am not overweight. It is the point behind the things you said. We all know the shizzat rolls down hill and always lands on the dispatcher. It is the typical sterotyping that goes along with being a dispacher that I do not like. Not all of us are fat. Not all of us are bad dispatchers. Some of us do care about the jobs we do and the officers whose lives we are in charge of. I just get sick and tired of everything always being radios fault. I have seen numerous officers/deputys that are well above their required weight. But do we make fun of them. NO!!! So why is there so much negativity? Why can we not look for the positive things we as dispatchers do. What difference does it make if were fat or skinny, as long as we do are jobs and are good at what we do. Were just a voice, looks should not even be a factor. But thanks for you insight since you seem to think you have so much of it.

Being in charge of my life must be stressful. You need to chill out and learn to laugh a little. I guess I was wrong. You guys never make fun of fat cops or gossip. Wow! Every time I've sat in with dispatch you guys must have been just putting on a show when all you do is bad mouth and make fun of the cops. Now I know. Thanks. At least the cops can take a joke.

06-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Come on Jerk. I waiting for that sense of humor to display itself again.

06-26-2007, 04:03 AM
While I don't find the fatties date worthy, I don't mind tossin' a batch of the ol' baby batter up in 'em! Just don't tell my friends.

Bring your lunch, exercise at home, don't be nasty on the radio. "10-9 case?" "54, go to info, I'm 10-6!"

06-26-2007, 04:41 AM
I feel bad for you guys. BSO Pompano has a few attractive dispatchers. Attractive not just physically, but fun and intelligent too. Good people.

C5

superlw8
06-27-2007, 04:35 AM
Ok, so some dispatchers are heavy home-wreckers....what about the fat nasty cops you see out on the road that you are amazed even made it out of the car?? I am continually disgusted by the "weeble" cops we've got now. (and you guys are out and about and don't have to sit in one place forever!)

06-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Ok, so some dispatchers are heavy home-wreckers....what about the fat nasty cops you see out on the road that you are amazed even made it out of the car?? I am continually disgusted by the "weeble" cops we've got now. (and you guys are out and about and don't have to sit in one place forever!)

Everyone who has been making fun of heavy people should be ashmed of themselves but especially the dog faced dispatcher, Superlw8. I'll have you know I'm married to a "weeble" cop and even though he may be overweight, he can still out-shoot, out-fight, and out-love any man 200 lbs lighter than him. He may be fat but he is proffesional, brave, and has a big heart. And no superlw8...not an over-sized, fat covered heart..I mean a large love filled heart. My husband may not be able to run 50 feet or even climb a knee sized fence without breaking something, but he can still arrest more criminals than any skinny, lightweight, twig boy. So go chase your tail superlw8 and stop acting like a *****h.

superlw8
06-28-2007, 06:29 AM
Everyone who has been making fun of heavy people should be ashmed of themselves but especially the dog faced dispatcher, Superlw8. I'll have you know I'm married to a "weeble" cop and even though he may be overweight, he can still out-shoot, out-fight, and out-love any man 200 lbs lighter than him. He may be fat but he is proffesional, brave, and has a big heart. And no superlw8...not an over-sized, fat covered heart..I mean a large love filled heart. My husband may not be able to run 50 feet or even climb a knee sized fence without breaking something, but he can still arrest more criminals than any skinny, lightweight, twig boy. So go chase your tail superlw8 and stop acting like a *****h.

Wow, sensitive huh?

Don't you think that is in the community's and your husband's best interest if he is in the best shape possible? And no, he can't arrest more criminals than someone who is not carrying around 200lbs of extra body fat. It is dangerous for him and you should be helping him become healthier not defending him on internet forums. Don't send him out there against criminals in that shape!

07-07-2007, 10:51 PM
To the dispatchers in this forum...don't take is seriously. If you are fat then laugh about it...it's funny. And if you aren't then you have nothing to worry about.
To the cops...I never complain about an officer interrupting my meal break to do a 10-50...it's my job. But you people act like I've committed a federal offence when I give you a call 10-15 mins after you cleared a 10-10. Don't get *****y when you have to handle a call when it's busy. And don't act like I like sending you to everything...believe it or not, if the people didn't call I'd be happier too

08-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Please be nice to each other up there. You have a huge hand in keeping us safe. I personally don't care how you look, just keep us safe.
Seriously though, the smart for life cookie diet is great, if you feel you would like to drop a few. I eat them in my car so you can eat them in front of your computer. Although, I hope you can get away from the computer to eat. It works wonders, but you gotta eat the damn things. And get used to them. I dropped 18 lbs. in 1 month and I was only about 10 lbs. over with what I am comfortable at.
Be nice. Be happy with your self and be safe.

04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I am a CSA and I think you guys should cut the dispatchers a break. Their job is stressful. Cant we all just get along?

04-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey fat deputies and officers need love too! So what if the dispatcher is fat, she or he is not the stuffed sausage the public sees, so whats worse? By the way not ALL dispatchers are fat or ugly!!! However if you checked your bad 'tude at the door, maybe you would know that! Just for once it would be nice to get a thank you for when we dispatchers do a good job for you all. But I guess for some thats too much to ask for. I, too, am tired of the nastiness said about us. We dont get to dodge calls or take 60 mins for lunch, work out ON DUTY, shop or do errands on duty, unlike many in road patrol. Have you all ever been denied a basic human need, such as going to the bathroom???? No, I didnt think so, so go hide and dodge calls somewhere else, until you can do my job, shut the F*** up!!!! To those of you who treat us well and with common courtesy, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

04-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Thank you! :D And by the way, if you think a road officer/deputy may never get denied a basic human need, such as going to the bathroom - or maybe refilling that water bottle that's been empty for 2 hours because they can't leave a scene - try again. And for the record, before it goes there, I can do your job, and I still do. :P

04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Ok, if you are a deputy/officer, its very rare you cant get relief to go potty. But if you are a deputy/officer, I can almost guarantee you CAN NOT do my job.....sorry computer not cooperating during the last post.....

04-25-2008, 06:53 AM
Why does it seem like there is a perpetual pissing contest over who can and/or can't do the other's job? Obviously the dispatcher doesn't want to or can't do the road units job because they are dispatchers and it would appear that the road unit can't or doesn't want to be a dispatcher. So what's the problem? I'm a dispatcher and my husband is on the road and we both have a mutual respect for what the other one does during those 12 hours at work. I don't understand why some dispatchers get an attitude because the road is calling in 10-50's like there's no tomorrow. Afterall isn't that part of the road unit's job and isn't it also a part of the dispatcher's job to put in the 10-50? Again, what's the problem? The group of road units that I work with rarely give any attitude and if they do, I don't take it personally. If it does happen it's usually because they have been just as slammed as we have been and they are behind on reports and the calls keep coming in. I take it as more frustration on their part than a personal attack on me. Either that or I'm just very thicked skinned and I don't let it get to me because as long as the phones get answered and the calls get dispatched, all of us will still be getting that paycheck every two weeks. And with gas prices going up everyday, that's a good thing!!!!

04-25-2008, 09:48 PM
WHATEVER........

05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
These posts goes to show you the maturity level on both sides. You all need to grow up and that includes the dispatchers who are supposedly trying to defend themselves. I don't know who Jenny is but either she's seriously gullable and not that bright or she's really a deputy poking fun. Resorting to take out is a lame excuse. Bring something healthy to work to eat or get a healthy sub. Deputies get to eat the same crap take out you do. They don't eat at nice fancy healthy restaurants. Sitting in a room all day (or night) is not an exuse as to why you don't get exercise. You do have time off don't you? And to those that think most dispatchers are whores, it works on both sides. If a deputy is sexually involved with a dispatcher, it's not just her fault for being a home wrecker. It's also the deputy's fault. Both need to use self control and be faithful to the one they are with. And if you're dumb enough to get involved, at least learn how to be discrete. Nobody cares if dispatchers (or deputies) are date worthy. It's a law enforcement agency, not a dating svc. No one cares about your qualifications as a gf/bf. I'm there to do my job as a dispatcher, nothing more. I eat healthy, go to the gym, & run 4 miles 3-4 times a week. There's no excuse to being unhealthy and there's no excuse for bad behavior in the work place. It's embarassing to know that people here with bad attitudes actually serve the public.

05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
While I don't find the fatties date worthy, I don't mind tossin' a batch of the ol' baby batter up in 'em! Just don't tell my friends.

Bring your lunch, exercise at home, don't be nasty on the radio. "10-9 case?" "54, go to info, I'm 10-6!"

Don't destroy every marrige you cume across ?

07-03-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't know if I'm writing the right stuff, but I thought this was about diet help. I lost 8 lbs in 6 weeks by only lowering my carb portions of food and drinking diet Citrus Green Tea. 2 hrs after that, I eat one carb (like a fruit) and 1 protein (either a small portion of walnuts/nuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter). 2 hrs. later I eat lunch which is 2 carbs (like 2 slices of bread) and any protein & vegetables. 2 hrs. later again, I'll eat another carb (like a yogurt or slice of cheese) and a protein (like a boiled egg or some tuna. Hopefully we can all help each other out to not get the "dispatcher's butt". For portions I just use my cup - for ex: 1 carb for lunch could be 1/2 cup of rice or spaghetti; which in turn 2 carbs would be one cupful. I had been on this diet before when I was pregnant because of gestational diabetes and I actually lost weight while eating for two. If there's a cake in the breakroom, I don't deny it to myself; but if I just ate, I'll save a small slice and wait until my 2 hrs to eat it as my carb.

08-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Don't know about anyone else but in our comms center we don't get out and about. We don't have an hour or even a 30 min break. We eat at the consoles. Can't speak for anyone else but I MOST definitely don't mind if someone is doing a 10-50 while im eating. After all how the hell and why the hell should they know our eating schedule? As for the whole all dispatchers are fat, ugly and unattractive thing... All of my co-workers on my squad are skinny and attractive people. I don't agree with someone saying that this job makes you fat however I do agree there are times when you simply don't have enough time for anything else but fast food... but HELLO if you eat fast food everyday , you're gonna get fat.... Bottom line is that you eat whatever you want ... if you're gonna eat like a pig, face the consequesces and don't blame anyone else but yourself.