PDA

View Full Version : Glock 22's

06-18-2007, 03:27 PM
...I heard that Sheriff Bradshaw received a grant to make Glock 22's departmental issues.... No more choices?! that is the rumor I hear....

06-18-2007, 03:38 PM
the glocks are in

06-18-2007, 04:21 PM
the glocks are in

Oh yeah?? hmm.... Well it will save the Dept. money for training and bullets...... I don't know, there are PRO's and CON's to this.. as there is anything else....

06-18-2007, 06:16 PM
yeah like I cant shoot a glock to SAVE MY LIFE.

I understand the "officer safety concern" but doesnt it make BETTER sense to allow deputies to carry guns they can shoot?

06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
And what about the smaller people whos hands cant properly hold the weapon....And what am i supposed to do with my current duty and off duty if they are not the 40 cal glock???

06-18-2007, 07:36 PM
And what about the smaller people whos hands cant properly hold the weapon....And what am i supposed to do with my current duty and off duty if they are not the 40 cal glock???

and how the hell am i supposed to hide a glock 22 while carrying off duty?

Am I supposed to start buying xxxL shirts and looking like I live off seacrest blvd to hide the thing?

whats the deal?

06-18-2007, 07:49 PM
yeah like I cant shoot a glock to SAVE MY LIFE.

I understand the "officer safety concern" but doesnt it make BETTER sense to allow deputies to carry guns they can shoot?

Try getting yourself to the range with someone who has one. Better yet, take a course. With PRACTICE, you'll be able to shoot any gun.

The Glock 22 is so easy to shoot. The grip is NOT too big. For those with small hands, I suggest you get an Extended Mag Release installed

06-18-2007, 07:57 PM

and how the hell am i supposed to hide a glock 22 while carrying off duty?

Am I supposed to start buying . shirts and looking like I live off seacrest blvd to hide the thing?

whats the deal?

They will also be issuing huge "basketball style" PBSO uniform shirts to conceal your backup Glock 22. (baggy pants down around the knees are optional).

06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
The Glock 22 has the same size grip at the 9mm model. I have carried one off duty since 98. Just get a decent conceal carry holster. You can take your current guns and sell them at the gun show for about $300 or $400 bucks. I've already got mine sold (pending) to a friend for $300. This is not a bad thing for us. It is a good thing. Remember, don't curse the darkness, search for the light. How many agencies give you a car, hand gun, rifle, shotgun?? Not many, we have come a long way.

06-18-2007, 09:44 PM
These guys always have to look a gift horse in the mouth. Moan, and complain. That's all they do.

06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
some people are unbelievable.

First off if someone gives you a free gun and holster and mag pouches, say thank you.

Second, if you can't shoot it I'll see you at the range one saturday every month practicing. A gun is just a tool, like a hammer or a wrench, just have to learn to use it.

I will say that the .40 does have considerable recoil, but we'll get over it.

As for all your other guns, or what cool people call "weapons systems" sell em, take the money and buy a "tactical illumination system" or what intelligent people call a flashlight.

Or you can get tactical foot protective go-fasters (shoes)

or tactical two way communication retention system (phone clip)

the list goes on, paint it black, put velcro and snaps on it, call it tactical and a cop will buy it.

Back to the guns, there's no done deal yet so don't get nervous about something that hasn't even happened yet.

06-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Thats tellin em

06-19-2007, 01:01 AM
The Glock 22 has the same size grip at the 9mm model. I have carried one off duty since 98. Just get a decent conceal carry holster.

while the glock 22 may match up to the glock 17

no way does the glock 22's grip compare to the conceal-ability of another .40 glock, such as the glock 27.

If "concealed carry" is truly desired (and i believe MANDATED per policy) while off duty, alternatives are going to be required.

06-19-2007, 04:19 AM
I owned a Glock 19, and a Glock 22 at my last department. DOESNT fit my hand/trigger finger.

Sorry guys, I also take size 12 1/2 shoes. I a real man, not a 160 wimp. I had a rubber sock on it also (the gun not my shoes), and it didnt help.

Really is an non-issue that doesnt need fixing.

Sounds like another pet Colonel F idea..

RED and blue lights!!!

06-19-2007, 01:10 PM
The Glock 22 has the same size grip at the 9mm model. I have carried one off duty since 98. Just get a decent conceal carry holster.

while the glock 22 may match up to the glock 17

no way does the glock 22's grip compare to the conceal-ability of another .40 glock, such as the glock 27.

If "concealed carry" is truly desired (and i believe MANDATED per policy) while off duty, alternatives are going to be required.

I think geting the Mo. 22 is a great idea. I already have one and I had a Mo. 17 in the past. A little more kick, but other then that the gun is the same size as the 9mm.

My big question about all of this is, like most d/s's, I have a smaller OFF Duty weapon. Will I be able to carrymy Mo. 27 (Mini Glock .40 cal)Off Duty?

06-24-2007, 05:49 AM
when they coming in?