PDA

View Full Version : Call a CDO, not Commo

06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Recently the district 7 Captain called a CDO and requested a deputy come to his street because a neighbor youth was riding a scooter around his street. The CDO called the sector car direct and instructed him to go to the district 7 Captains street and provide enforcement not instruction. The deputy went there and the scooter violator was GOA. Later the district 7 Captain called the CDO again and this time the CDO specifically instructed the sergeant to respond and "take care of this". The CDO also specifically stated "The Captain doesn't want to be involved, so this will be annon." My point here is, as a deputy can we call the CDO direct? Can we remain annon? Why do we have to call Commo when Captains can call CDOs?
I know there is a policy that you can not get involved in neighborhood disputes, but this doesn't fir that catagory. Why did the district 7 Captain do this? What is he afraid of? Why can't he follow the right procedures, like everyone else?

06-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Recently the district 7 Captain called a CDO and requested a deputy come to his street because a neighbor youth was riding a scooter around his street. The CDO called the sector car direct and instructed him to go to the district 7 Captains street and provide enforcement not instruction. The deputy went there and the scooter violator was GOA. Later the district 7 Captain called the CDO again and this time the CDO specifically instructed the sergeant to respond and "take care of this". The CDO also specifically stated "The Captain doesn't want to be involved, so this will be annon." My point here is, as a deputy can we call the CDO direct? Can we remain annon? Why do we have to call Commo when Captains can call CDOs?
I know there is a policy that you can not get involved in neighborhood disputes, but this doesn't fir that catagory. Why did the district 7 Captain do this? What is he afraid of? Why can't he follow the right procedures, like everyone else?

Awe poor Dist 4 Deputy had to work. Who cares he is a captain. If you can't respect the person, respect their rank.

06-18-2007, 02:47 PM
What is a "CDO"?

06-18-2007, 03:12 PM
The discretion to write or not to write is ALWAYS MINE ! ! The captain can make his suggestion as strongly as he wants.....its still MY DISCRETION ! !

06-18-2007, 03:13 PM
What is a "CDO"?

Command Duty Officer ( Captain's of the Watch Commanders )

Who cares he is a captain. If you can't respect the person, respect their rank.

Agree..

06-18-2007, 09:56 PM
You have no discretion when told what to do by a CDO (capt BB) afetr being relayed by Capt ME. Also, I have no respect for either mentioned.

06-18-2007, 11:26 PM
You have no discretion when told what to do by a CDO (capt BB) afetr being relayed by Capt ME. Also, I have no respect for either mentioned.

That's becuase you have no respect.

06-19-2007, 12:08 AM
and you have no respect for your fellow deputy....the circle is complete.

06-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh hush up, collect your check and go home both of yous

06-19-2007, 12:45 AM
and you have no respect for your fellow deputy....the circle is complete.

If you use your brain a little, and get creative, there is ALWAYS a way out of writting the ticket...

06-20-2007, 01:50 AM
I still have no respect for either of those so called Captains.

06-22-2007, 05:04 AM
I still have no respect for either of those so called Captains.

:twisted: :twisted: EVEN THOUGH RESPECT THE RANK :twisted: :twisted:

06-23-2007, 02:14 AM
It is not possible to respect either Captain M He now does not allow his subordinates to do anything because he wouldn't know what to do if something came up.

Captain B will write you up real fast and then try to rectify it when he realizes his mistake. Unfortunately he doesn't have to nerve to apologize.

I do apprecitae the fact he was one of the strongholds that wrote up O'Hara.

As for RESPECTING these two individuals.....................NEVER