PDA

View Full Version : Deputy

06-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Any idea on when the next batch of road deputies will be getting hired on? Thanks.

06-18-2007, 10:37 PM

It is ongoing....call HR or Training for details.

06-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Next batch? Heck we are so short on the road we need a few squads!!!!

:wink:

06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
16 starting on 7/2

06-21-2007, 01:09 AM
Is the road like the jail and short because of excessive sick time usage and people on light duty for BS reasons or are they just legitimately short because of open positions?

06-21-2007, 05:14 AM
wow..guess I was left out on that one. I know my file was looked at few weeks ago but received letter.

06-21-2007, 05:41 AM
sorry, in last post meant to say: i never received a letter. maybe im up for august start date?

06-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Oh wait till the 12 hours shifts start in the jail! When you look at the schedule prior to starting them we were short and they claimed that the 12 shift will fix everything, well I am here to tell you that there is not enough coverage and now the deputies are being told they are going to be on stand by on their days off and will have to report to duty if called.

I am thinking that you have pissed off deputies now wait till you start making them come into work on their three day weekend or making them work 6 days a week.

This one will be pushed back on the deputies as they wanted it, but at what point does the administration step in and say this is not going to work?

Thank you Sheriff for under cutting the budget all these years and failing to staff your agency in a manner that even makes common sense.

Tom Lake why don't you look at the man power allocations?

06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Thank you, note taken!

06-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh wait till the 12 hours shifts start in the jail! When you look at the schedule prior to starting them we were short and they claimed that the 12 shift will fix everything, well I am here to tell you that there is not enough coverage and now the deputies are being told they are going to be on stand by on their days off and will have to report to duty if called.

I am thinking that you have pissed off deputies now wait till you start making them come into work on their three day weekend or making them work 6 days a week.

This one will be pushed back on the deputies as they wanted it, but at what point does the administration step in and say this is not going to work?

Thank you Sheriff for under cutting the budget all these years and failing to staff your agency in a manner that even makes common sense.

I guess if admin listens to us, then they should have taken a leadership role and ignored us (Major Head).

If they don't listen, they are jerks (Major Page), right?

Isn't there an academy with over 15 people going on right now?

fldeputy
06-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, it's great that they are getting 16 new people but were short NOW....these folks may be starting on 7/2 but they need a three week orientation, FTO I thru IV....but then a few are going to wash out because they can't handle the call volume...

We will probably end up spitting out maybe 9..(including 3-4 needed on the east side). But we won't be seeing these folks out and humping calls on their own till at least Oct. or Nov.

06-22-2007, 07:21 AM

I guess if admin listens to us, then they should have taken a leadership role and ignored us (Major Head).

If they don't listen, they are jerks (Major Page), right?

Isn't there an academy with over 15 people going on right now?

The admins answer to everything. Isnt there new grateful to have jobs blind loyal votes in the bag. I mean new rookies on the way to fix and save everything?

Get real. We need at least 20 on the east side and 50 on the west side to be even close to a realisticly average staffing level. You all have understaffed this place so bad the next incoming sheriff will need 20 years in office to fix it.

Just do yourself a favor and leave.