PDA

View Full Version : escape arrest

06-17-2007, 03:30 PM
I read in the Tribune on Sunday that a DUI suspect was arrested for escape for putting her handcuffs in front of her while seated in the back seat of the patrol car.

Just to let you know, that isn't considered escape and doesn't come close to meeting the criteria of the statute.

I just wanted to let you know so you don't get hemmed up on a false arrest lawsuit down the road.

06-17-2007, 04:02 PM
I read in the Tribune on Sunday that a DUI suspect was arrested for escape for putting her handcuffs in front of her while seated in the back seat of the patrol car.

Just to let you know, that isn't considered escape and doesn't come close to meeting the criteria of the statute.

I just wanted to let you know so you don't get hemmed up on a false arrest lawsuit down the road.

You should have gone to law school. :mrgreen:

Do you believe everything you read in the Tribune or on Billboards (LOL)? The longer you do this job (Law Enforcement) the more you will see that the paper and other media outlets sometimes have inaccurate information. We do make mistakes, occasionally. If you care so much, why don't you do some research and find out which deputy made the arrest? Then you can let him/her know directly instead of writing it on a public forum in attempt to make "US" look stupid and make "YOU" feel smart.

06-17-2007, 07:35 PM
The subject removed her handcuffs then placed them back on in front of her.

06-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey No Man, just for your info, the billboard on US 19 near Embassy Blvd is absolutely correct. We do need the public to support us because the sheriff deos not! You could have blind faith in the sheriff and I support your right to believe what you want, but he doesn't support you when he can demote you or suspend you with no recourse. Based on our current policy, you can be written up 3 times for the same thing (perhapse for not doing enough traffic?)and then fired for incompetence after the 3rd writeup. He can ding you for two days off if you have an at fault accident and you can not appeal it. two days should take about $500.00 out of your pocket. Shouldn't you be able to appeal that? Especially if you have never had any other issues?