PDA

View Full Version : KAZ? Dedicated Leader or Political Hack?

06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
KAZ? Dedicated Leader or Political Hack?

06-16-2007, 01:04 PM

06-16-2007, 01:32 PM

You have too much time on your hands. Who cares!

06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
When were done with your pointless poll, we'll do a popular vote on you. Someone else has been referring to you "disgruntles" as grasshoppers and they seem to be right on.

Walk a mile in Kaz's shoes before even think about judging him. Start off by seeing if you can even get elected as a rep. Better yet, don't do that. It's easier to sit on the side lines and whine. Just go ahead and do that!

06-16-2007, 09:37 PM
Dump Kaz and his merry bands.

Then Ernie and make him retire and ride off into the sunset where he belongs.

We have the power at our fingertips but everyone is afraid.

Be afraid, be really afraid.

06-17-2007, 03:02 PM
I vote to get rid of him and put him back in a white & white. I think he has used up his 15 minutes, and its time for fresh eyes and new blood, especially represented the totally unrepresented LE deputies.

LET'S GET A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON KAZ AND MAC, TWO GUYS AT THE EXPENSE OF THE DEPUTIES!

06-17-2007, 03:16 PM
I vote to get rid of him and put him back in a white & white. I think he has used up his 15 minutes, and its time for fresh eyes and new blood, especially represented the totally unrepresented LE deputies.

LET'S GET A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON KAZ AND MAC, TWO GUYS AT THE EXPENSE OF THE DEPUTIES!

Rookie! If you hate them so much do something other post on LEOAFFAIRS

06-17-2007, 04:00 PM

I have been here 15 years Kaz is **** now as he was in OCB. Yes boyz and girls, I was there with him. He was a master about making IF monies work for himself.

If you think he has done a great job, look at his first contract he tried to do on his own, with only a 3 % COLA. Wow, that's what we had been getting without him.

He uses our dues monies for expense accounts and travel trips.

deny deputies complains, or don't return calls.

How about all the guys on the promotion list threatening to sue KAZ personally if he didn't talk to the Sheriff about their promotions, before he finally got to talk to the Sheriff.

We must get a separate bargaining unit for us.

A sergeant and lieutenant PBA president just does not have the interest in our interests and concerns.

CAPT AB spends more time in PBA than being a CDO.

For the love of humanity, we must get rid of KAZ and the insanity running the PBA. We need a leader who can speak, think, write and be without a out of control temper. [/size]

06-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Enough is enough. I've apparently been sitting idle and being quiet for two long here.

Kaz is a good man and so is Mac. You peeps need to cut them some slack. They are thinking about the entire membership and not just a few of you dudes that need them on a retainer. Quit being so high maintenance.

If you had to deal with what they did, you would be taking up a beer collection too. I've been a dues paying member for almost 33 yrs., I think they should not only be able to have a beer on us, but it should be the beer of their choice.

If Captain AB is at PBA Hall instead of working, then what is his boss doing about it? Sounds like his boss needs to step away from the keg and start paying attention.

Just remember......Kaz and Mac care about everyone, not just you high maintenance guys that are constently needing something all the time.

06-17-2007, 05:40 PM
If you're so disgruntled, then become more active in the PBA so you can make a change. You have no idea what goes on until you walk in someone elses' shoes.

Who do you think represents YOU when you are involved in an officer involved shooting??? You have a rep AND an attorney show up!

Who donated money to help Sgt. Bradford when he had his accident? PBA. Who gave money so his wife Sandy would have a place to stay while he was in the hospital? PBA. Who else made donations? FDLE PBA, Orange County PBA.

Better yet, find Diane Grant's post on here about what the PBA did for her when her husband Dave Grant died a few years back....

As far as making accusations on here about people being corrupt - those are serious CRIMINAL allegations. If you're going to say something like that you better be able to back it up. And in this case it means put up or shut up!

06-18-2007, 12:33 AM
When were done with your pointless poll, we'll do a popular vote on you. Someone else has been referring to you "disgruntles" as grasshoppers and they seem to be right on. Grow up grasshopper!

Walk a mile in Kaz's shoes before even think about judging him. Start off by seeing if you can even get elected as a rep. Better yet, don't do that. It's easier to sit on the side lines and whine. Just go ahead and do that!

If I have to walk a mile, can I use his High Teks? Cuz I know those puppies are BRAND NEW! That man hasn't done police work in eons!!!
Please don't make me walk it in his golf shoes...my feet hurt just thinking about that! Those babies are worn slap out from our PBA dues!!!

06-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Kaz is a self-serving nuff said.

Right on mark. I'm sorry it sounds so wrong to say, but the shoe fits. And I am very aware it is insensitive to bash KAZ because of his suffering from his lose, but as it was said earlier, business is BUSINESS. And, business is not being done fairly and deputies are being misrepresented.

Regarding the other two postings. The PBA running my benefits of attorney coverage or helping an injuried deputy HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KAZ AND MAC REPRESENTING THE LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPUTIES ON A DAILY BASIS OR TRULY REPRESENTING OUR ISSUES IN THE CBA.

We ARE NOT hight maintainence. We want fairness. Equal representation. This country went to war wit hthe Brits over taxation without representation. We are being taxed by our monthky dues and the deduction of leave time automatically out of my paycheck. The monies pay for the travel trips, like the one KAZ is on right now in Boston (and no, my dues and his position does not entitle him to drink whatever and whenever he and only a few of his close buddy want), and plaques they give each other, or even the loads of chocolate candies at the PBA hall

Fairness and respect. Since it has been enough time for Kaz to prove himself and he has failed us (largest complaint is that many of us are getting the same monies that a newly hired deputy is getting, and your response is that we had to draw the line, and "oh well."), we are not waiting.

We nominate the following new canidate:

John Cogburn

Others will follow.

06-18-2007, 01:53 AM
John ?

God help us all. You have got to be kidding!

You should be brought straight to the gallows for that recommendation.

He's one of the most well known "Monday morning quarterbacks" that ever lived.

Can't even manage his own cases in VCD and you want him to handle the membership affairs across this agency?!?!?!

06-18-2007, 02:22 AM
John ?

Can't even manage his own cases in VCD and you want him to handle the membership affairs across this agency?!?!?!

First, stop brining his work in VCD into it. He does a good job there. And he posts here all the time, so why not give him the shot. He says he can do a better job, let him. And, by the way, he would only represent the LE D/S's bargaining and no one else. I'd give him a shot. He's always got great ideas when we talk in the office. Plus, he got messed out of a justified pay increase from his time in the Eagle Academy and his wife got messed over in Commo, by both the PBA and the Sheriff, so he knows what's what.

Give the guy a chance. He is not afraid to stand uo for what's right. Plus, he has a great negoiation technique and speaks with confidence. That's the leader deputies need and want.

06-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Alright. You talked me into it.

John is a good guy. Just didn't see him being a good fit for that role.

Smart and articulate, just may be a bit to rigid.

06-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Alright. You talked me into it.

John is a good guy. Just didn't see him being a good fit for that role.

Smart and articulate, just may be a bit to rigid.

No one is perfect, but John could learn to smooth out a little of that rigidity. He is the best choice for the LE deputies bargaining group.

06-18-2007, 05:07 AM
Oh Please! The last couple of posts make me sick. All he does is kvetch and complain. And that's a bunch of garbage about how he would stand up for the deputies. He says he's going to file a greivance and then instead of him doing it, he gets another person to do it for him.

06-18-2007, 05:18 AM
[quote="Guest 4":2b629upv]John Cogburn?!?!?

First, stop brining his work in VCD into it. He does a good job there. And he posts here all the time, so why not give him the shot. He says he can do a better job, let him. And, by the way, he would only represent the LE D/S's bargaining and no one else. I'd give him a shot. He's always got great ideas when we talk in the office. Plus, he got screwed out of a justified pay increase from his time in the Eagle Academy and his wife got messed over in Commo, by both the PBA and the Sheriff, so he knows what's what.

Give the guy a chance. He is not afraid to stand uo for what's right. Plus, he has a great negoiation technique and speaks with confidence. That's the leader deputies need and want.[/quote:2b629upv]

I like John. He's good people. He may not have everyone like the methods he uses but he gets results. So, I sorta think he might be a great choice. I'd support him.

06-18-2007, 05:59 AM
JC go up against his current sgt - Mac - a current PBA rep and friend of Kaz? Let me make some popcorn and pull up a chair - this sounds like fun!

06-18-2007, 06:26 AM
JC go up against his current sgt - Mac - a current PBA rep and friend of Kaz? Let me make some popcorn and pull up a chair - this sounds like fun!

I think no one is trying to fight here. Many guys are fed up and IF, a big if, Jogn C. answers a calling, it isn't against his sgt or kaz, it is to better represent the largest body of union members and help ensure their issues are heard. So, please, do us a favor and not the insanity of trying to pit fights. This is a professional agrument.

Gentlemen, let's keep our eye on the ball here.

06-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Whoever made the error in nominating me for this position obviously doesn't know my opinion of the union, so I think you all should know from me. I personally beleieve the union only protects those people that are always in trouble and should have been fired a long time ago. Educate yourself on the laws of this state and you'll see union's are all bark and no bite. I personally wish we would go back to the good ole boys system where the Sheriff hires, fires, promotes, transfers, and assigns whoever and whenever he wants. Either way; politics, favoritism. nepotism, business associations, etc... are a part of life. It starts in Washington D. C., the military, cooporate America and trickles down to the little people like us that snatch and fight for the crumbs falling from the King's table. There is no nor will there ever be a level playing ground any where in this world, so accept that reality and live with it or move on in your career or life or move back in with mommy and daddy and let them fight for you again.

Secondly, become an advocate of yourself and the position you are in, stop waiting for someone else to rise up and give you a hand out or look out for your interests. These "Me Generation" deputies think that the agency owes them the red carpet treatment. If you want to feel like someone owes you, join the military and go to Iraq or Afghanistan and see how good you had it back in the green pickle suit.

It's clear by the postings on this site that professionalim, dedication, commitment to your co-workers and loyalty to one's agency is seriously lacking. Each individual that posts and whines without having the guts to sign their name shows their true colors and nothing more needs to be said of the anonymous posters since they have to look themselves in the mirror everday as a coward.

Thirdly, I haven't found a cop or former serviceman that doesn't like to complain, moan or gripe. The true professionals have the philosophy of "What happens at work stays at work".

And last, my family is my priority and the work I do is a job its not my life. Find someone else to fight your battles because I don't want everyone else's problems becoming mine. They're your problems, so be an adult and handle it yourself.

Everyone creates thier own little kingdom and directly benefits from it so don't curse the players get mad and fight back at the game.

I am happy exactly where I am for now and when I retire from this job it will be like graduating from high school; I'm done with it and I won't look back. I won't be coming back and going to the prom each year until I need a walker. I will move on and look at this as another life experience. Some people are letting this job consume their life and it's sad.

Be safe

John

06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Very well put, John

06-21-2007, 05:38 PM
To all PBSO personnel:

Now that it is obvious that John Cogburn is not interested in leading the PBA into the future, I suggest that we nominate a man who can and will get the job done. Unlike John, this man has no conscious. He has been instrumental in guiding the detective bureau into the future by designing a state of the art interview room, conducting intense research in order to provide a world class coffee pot to the bureau and leading his squad of detectives. He has successfully launched civil suits against agencies with the aggression of a caged and rabid burrow. He won suits after burning his buttocks while going to the bathroom while employed at another agency and also for falling out of a chair in their communications office. He rides his Harley like a modern day version of "The Fonz". He even has his own bike club called "The Inlaws", a club dedicated to helping young deputies who have little experience by overwhelming them with war-stories about yester-year. Without further ado, I nominate:

[/b]"Michael Bianchi"

as your next PBA Rep. This is the man for the job.

Please share your for him

Thank you.

06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
To all PBSO personnel:

Now that it is obvious that John Cogburn is not interested in leading the PBA into the future, I suggest that we nominate a man who can and will get the job done. Unlike John, this man has no conscious. He has been instrumental in guiding the detective bureau into the future by designing a state of the art interview room, conducting intense research in order to provide a world class coffee pot to the bureau and leading his squad of detectives. He has successfully launched civil suits against agencies with the aggression of a caged and rabid burrow. He won suits after burning his buttocks while going to the bathroom while employed at another agency and also for falling out of a chair in their communications office. He rides his Harley like a modern day version of "The Fonz". He even has his own bike club called "The Inlaws", a club dedicated to helping young deputies who have little experience by overwhelming them with war-stories about yester-year. Without further ado, I nominate:

[/b]"Michael Bianchi"

as your next PBA Rep. This is the man for the job.

Please share your for him

Thank you.

06-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Bianchi may talk enough to drive everyone to drink, He's a very good detective and extremely meticulous.

06-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Apparently afternoon shift has brought practical jokes to a whole new level. :D

06-22-2007, 06:13 PM
I cannot believe what I am reading. Someone has finally nominated someone that is actually qualified for the job and will fight for the rights of all deputies. Detective Bianchi is an amazingly knowledgable and articulate person. He is a kind man and he is always willingly to share his wealth of knowledge in a variety of areas. Just put him on the ballot and I will vote for him, and suggest everyone else does. He will not back down to the sheriff. In fact, he won't have to. He can get along with anyone. VOTE BIANCHI !!!

06-22-2007, 11:14 PM
I think Kaz is in a tough spot. he has to defend all of us even if we are wrong. His relationship with the sheriff is very good I dont know if this is good or bad. But dont bash the man for not working the road we elected him and if someone else had his job they would get bashed to. I just hope the PBA defends eveyone the same and not pick and choose who they help more. IM FRIENDS with k. burns and I was in court and saw how weak the states case was, he should not have been fired or dumped by the PBA. The jury found him not guilty in 1/2 hour cmon the guy went through hell and should have got his job back without a question. Yea I know Kaz did help him out with the membership but when all was said and done he should have been put back to work. IA wouldnt look at the tapes that could have helped him, the PBA should have stepped in. All im saying is they { PBA} need to back all union paying members the same.

06-23-2007, 12:44 AM
The results are official. Detective Michael Bianchi has been nominated to lead a future new and separate bargaining unit for all law enforcement deputies.

We are now going to ask for a special session to cause an action for a CONFIDENCE VOTE.

We are asking all PBA union members to make a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE in the current configuration and leadership at PBC PBA. Once this occurs, we will cause an action for a separate union led by our future PBA President, Michael Bianchi.

Once we have our own separate union composed of and led by deputies, we will have what we have always asked for: FAIRNESS, RESPECT, EQUAL REPRESENTATION, NO FAVORITISM, NO SPECIAL TRAVEL TRIPS OR BEER PARTIES WITH OUR DUES. Additionally, we will have a transparent organizational union, with open financial records, unlike what we have today (currently our dues pay for A LOT of non-union and personal activities and items, that's why the financial records can not be viewed by anyone, even you).

We are awaiting President-elect (future) Bianchi to establish a committee and further instructions to move forward.

This is a great and historical day for all regular deputies throughout PBSO. Congrats to all of us and a BIG THANK YOU to Detective Michael Bianchi for stepping out and standing up for us.

06-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I think Kaz is in a tough spot. he has to defend all of us even if we are wrong. His relationship with the sheriff is very good I dont know if this is good or bad. But dont bash the man for not working the road we elected him and if someone else had his job they would get bashed to. I just hope the PBA defends eveyone the same and not pick and choose who they help more. IM FRIENDS with k. and I was in court and saw how weak the states case was, he should not have been fired or dumped by the PBA. The jury found him not guilty in 1/2 hour cmon the guy went through hell and should have got his job back without a question. Yea I know Kaz did help him out with the membership but when all was said and done he should have been put back to work. IA wouldnt look at the tapes that could have helped him, the PBA should have stepped in. All im saying is they { PBA} need to back all union paying members the same.
I AGREE. I worked for Sgt. Burns in Dist.3, and he is a stand up cop and supervisor. Anyone who has worked around him knew right away that it was a junk prosecution. He was vindicated in court, after putting his family through 3 years of hell, because he was innocent and refused to succomb to the pressure. Look at the guy in New Orleans: He commmitted suicide 1 week before his trial. Sgt. Burns should get his job back, and Kaz and the PBA should be fighting for him NOW more than ever if they want to send a positive message to us that they are there to protect us!
C'mon Kaz, let's see you do the right thing now.

06-23-2007, 01:42 AM
You dudes needs to get your facts straight on who dumped who between the PBA and Keith. Keith dumped the PBA appointed attorney (Salnick) and went with the FOP. Salnick is an excellent attorney, but with that, things worked out very well for Keith. I, along with many other people, were not surprised at all by the result in his criminal trial.

It's amazing how some of these young rookies will bash Kaz for not being here (on the road), but over at the PBA Hall or wherever taking care of our membership business. They'll run with all of the benefits and perks that he and Big Mac get for us, but they'll whine and cry over what he does every day.

There's good reason that you don't know what Kaz has done in his career. He was out paying his dues on, both, the road and in narcotics when a lot of you were in diapers and then progressing through grade school. He's been tested many of times. He's been in the thick of things, including deadly force situations. Do your homework guys/gals before you do your talking. If you had been in a dark alley, with the chips down, you'd want Kaz with you. In many ways, he's old school and he knew how to take care of business. Don't take my word for it. Ask around. Others will tell you. He's always been a cops cop.

06-23-2007, 01:42 AM
You dudes needs to get your facts straight on who dumped who between the PBA and Keith. Keith dumped the PBA appointed attorney (Salnick) and went with the FOP. Salnick is an excellent attorney, but with that, things worked out very well for Keith. I, along with many other people, were not surprised at all by the result in his criminal trial.

It's amazing how some of these young rookies will bash Kaz for not being here (on the road), but over at the PBA Hall or wherever taking care of our membership business. They'll run with all of the benefits and perks that he and Big Mac get for us, but they'll whine and cry over what he does every day.

There's good reason that you don't know what Kaz has done in his career. He was out paying his dues on, both, the road and in narcotics when a lot of you were in diapers and then progressing through grade school. He's been tested many of times. He's been in the thick of things, including deadly force situations. Do your homework guys/gals before you do your talking. If you had been in a dark alley, with the chips down, you'd want Kaz with you. In many ways, he's old school and he knew how to take care of business. Don't take my word for it. Ask around. Others will tell you. He's always been a cops cop.

06-23-2007, 12:07 PM
It is now the time to move forward and support our new leader DETECTIVE MICHAEL BIANCHI.

CONGRATULATIONS. WE ARE NOW STARTING A NEW CHAPTER IN PBSO HISTORY!

06-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Well, I am glad to see that since my retirement two years ago, things haven't changed much at PBSO. Oh, except for the contract you now have that will increase your pay and retirement benefits well beyond what I have ever imagined they could be.

Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the theraputic value of complaining, in fact my last few years at PBSO under the previous sheriff, that was all I seemed to do. It was my mechanism to keep my sanity when I felt that the department that I had spent most of my adult life at was a rudderless ship headed straight for the reef. But I noticed that people didn't seem to want to talk to me much.....hmmmm...there may have been a connection there that I missed.

I believe that you are "*****ing" about the wrong things when you pick on Kaz and Mac. You see, each hour they spend at the PBA hall is time they are working for your interests. You want them out there doing police work? And exactly how does John or Mac working the street translate into working for you? You think they don't know the job, and so have lost touch? Maybe you should review their personnel files and see the many different assignments hey have both completed at PBSO.

I'm not telling you that these guys are perfect, or that you shouldn't tell them when there is a problem in the agency that they might not be aware of. No one can be aware of everthing going on in an agency the size of PBSO. And if you want new leadership in your union, by all means elect a new President and new Reps. But do it because it will further your goals as a union, not because you don't like a particular decision or because you don't like the person.

There has been some "scuttlebutt" about Kaz being "too close to Sheriff Bradshaw." Boys and girls, you want your union President to be VERY close to the Sheriff. Because the fact is that this is a political world, and if your union President has a poor relationship with your Sheriff, you will suffer the consequences. The minute the Sheriff believes that he cannot trust the union President to act reasonably and to be straight with him on issues, your (our) union will lose a great deal of bargaining power.
Does Kaz always have to agree with the Sheriff's decisions? No, many times he doesn't. But Kaz has been around long enough to know that while it might be romantic to "fight the good fight" on a lost cause, but it is not a sound long-term strategy. You see, as your elected representative he is NOT ALLOWED to let his personal feelings cloud his political judgment. So, he sometimes has to simply do nothing. Boys and girls, that is what grown-ups do.

Now, I personally know both John Cogburn and Mike Bianchi, and I have nothing but the highest respect for both of them. However, clearly John is not interested in the position, and Mike needs to spend time as a union rep before you can elect him as president. Give the guy a break, don't draft him into a job that he hasn't the experience to do. Help him become a rep and allow him to learn the ins and outs of the labor/employment political process. Then if you want him as your president, you should elect him. But do it the right way, and for the right reason....because you believe he will be more effective.

Look guys and girls, change is sometimes a good thing and sometimes it is bad. It has been my experience in life and policing (remember, retired...so I have been around awhile) that change simply for the sake of change is rarely a good thing.

One final thought (sorry, but I'm also a lawyer, and as you know, lawyers tend to go on....and on.....and on....) If you choose to change leadership at your union, you have that right. But stop attacking Kaz and Mac personally. They are your leaders right now and you should support them, while also holding them accountable to you. It can be done, and it makes each of you more effective.

When I started at PBSO in 1981, we had no union....no job security.......no negotiation.......no voice. We were fortunate that we did have a sherifff (Richard Willie) that cared about his people, so we felt comfortable. I believe that your current sheriff also cares. But at some point, you WILL have a sheriff (we have had two already in my time) that does NOT care about you. If you weaken your union because of petty personality concerns, you might just find yourselves with a feeling of helplessness. And in fact, with a weak union that feeling will be very real, because you WILL BE WEAK. I have been there, and it was no fun at all.

OK, thats all I have to say. I want you guys and girls to enjoy your career, because when its over, even though you are ready to move on, you will always miss PBSO. Simply can't be helped. Policing really does get into your blood.

Thanks for allowing me to post on your blog boys and girls.

Mark Bannon

06-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, I am glad to see that since my retirement two years ago, things haven't changed much at PBSO. Oh, except for the contract you now have that will increase your pay and retirement benefits well beyond what I have ever imagined they could be.

Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the theraputic value of complaining, in fact my last few years at PBSO under the previous sheriff, that was all I seemed to do. It was my mechanism to keep my sanity when I felt that the department that I had spent most of my adult life at was a rudderless ship headed straight for the reef. But I noticed that people didn't seem to want to talk to me much.....hmmmm...there may have been a connection there that I missed.

I believe that you are "*****ing" about the wrong things when you pick on Kaz and Mac. You see, each hour they spend at the PBA hall is time they are working for your interests. You want them out there doing police work? And exactly how does John or Mac working the street translate into working for you? You think they don't know the job, and so have lost touch? Maybe you should review their personnel files and see the many different assignments hey have both completed at PBSO.

I'm not telling you that these guys are perfect, or that you shouldn't tell them when there is a problem in the agency that they might not be aware of. No one can be aware of everthing going on in an agency the size of PBSO. And if you want new leadership in your union, by all means elect a new President and new Reps. But do it because it will further your goals as a union, not because you don't like a particular decision or because you don't like the person.

There has been some "scuttlebutt" about Kaz being "too close to Sheriff Bradshaw." Boys and girls, you want your union President to be VERY close to the Sheriff. Because the fact is that this is a political world, and if your union President has a poor relationship with your Sheriff, you will suffer the consequences. The minute the Sheriff believes that he cannot trust the union President to act reasonably and to be straight with him on issues, your (our) union will lose a great deal of bargaining power.
Does Kaz always have to agree with the Sheriff's decisions? No, many times he doesn't. But Kaz has been around long enough to know that while it might be romantic to "fight the good fight" on a lost cause, but it is not a sound long-term strategy. You see, as your elected representative he is NOT ALLOWED to let his personal feelings cloud his political judgment. So, he sometimes has to simply do nothing. Boys and girls, that is what grown-ups do.

Now, I personally know both John Cogburn and Mike Bianchi, and I have nothing but the highest respect for both of them. However, clearly John is not interested in the position, and Mike needs to spend time as a union rep before you can elect him as president. Give the guy a break, don't draft him into a job that he hasn't the experience to do. Help him become a rep and allow him to learn the ins and outs of the labor/employment political process. Then if you want him as your president, you should elect him. But do it the right way, and for the right reason....because you believe he will be more effective.

Look guys and girls, change is sometimes a good thing and sometimes it is bad. It has been my experience in life and policing (remember, retired...so I have been around awhile) that change simply for the sake of change is rarely a good thing.

One final thought (sorry, but I'm also a lawyer, and as you know, lawyers tend to go on....and on.....and on....) If you choose to change leadership at your union, you have that right. But stop attacking Kaz and Mac personally. They are your leaders right now and you should support them, while also holding them accountable to you. It can be done, and it makes each of you more effective.

When I started at PBSO in 1981, we had no union....no job security.......no negotiation.......no voice. We were fortunate that we did have a sherifff (Richard Willie) that cared about his people, so we felt comfortable. I believe that your current sheriff also cares. But at some point, you WILL have a sheriff (we have had two already in my time) that does NOT care about you. If you weaken your union because of petty personality concerns, you might just find yourselves with a feeling of helplessness. And in fact, with a weak union that feeling will be very real, because you WILL BE WEAK. I have been there, and it was no fun at all.

OK, thats all I have to say. I want you guys and girls to enjoy your career, because when its over, even though you are ready to move on, you will always miss PBSO. Simply can't be helped. Policing really does get into your blood.

Mark Bannon

Finally someone with some common sense. Thank you, very well said!

06-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for your remarks Mark. Kaz and Mac deserve the respect and support of the membership. For now though, they will have earned our appreciation for what they have done.

We have a strong and healthy relationship between the Sheriff and the Union today, and much of that is because of Kaz and Mac.

Your message was clear and I'm hoping that a lot of these young lads will take a deep breath and listen. We have many good people in this organization that could rise to various leadership positions, including the union positions. With that said, however, Kaz and Mac have an abundance of experience, and are strong advocates for the membership, and we need to keep that in place for a while. If one takes a moment to look where we started on the CBA, and then compares that with where we've come, our points on this issue become crystal clear.

06-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Great post Mark, and JP. Thanks. Maybe it will wake some peole up. Let's hope. God's speed to you both.

06-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok. Cogburn and Bianchi are out. Bannon is in!! MARK !!!

Point of fact, again I must remind everyone because you just refuse to get it, the membership DOES NOT elect the prez and VP. The reps do. So talk all you want and say your going to vote for a new prez. It don't mean a thing. Because you can't !!

Our (PBSO) prez is actually Sgt Vrchota. Kaz and Mac are the county Pres and VP. We don't vote for them. Not as reps, not as executive board members. We vote for reps, who vote for the board members, not us. Kaz and Big Daddy Mac are here for as long as they want to be.....

Let the saga continue...

06-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Sgt. Vrchota is a cops cop. Enuff said.

06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
This post is not in defense or criticism of anyone-I just wanted to offer some thoughts:

1. Unity is the most important part of the word (UNION). Without it you get nothing.

2. Posting your displeasure on a site like this is much the same as posting a word by word description of you last disagreement with your spouse. The last people in the world you want to let know about problems are other side because it shows weaknesses which can have an effect on future negotiations.

3. Do your talking at meetings or in private but don't let the other side know where you are vulnerable. If you ultimately decide you want change-do it through the proper methods and with businesslike respect.

4. Be prepared for the new leadership to become the targets of criticism because it is the nature of the beast. No one is ever happy all of the time. Good leaders know this and realize the reality of making most people happy mist of the time instead.

5. I personally negotiated the 2nd contract in the State of Florida in 1975 for the city I worked for in Palm Beach County. West Palm Beach Had the first. I became the immediate enemy of the city and PD administration while I had full support of our members. These were trying times and both sides (including me & the PBA vs. the city)were very hardline in our approach.

6. As time passed-my only friend was my DOG as the administration and the PBA members were never completely happy (which is impossible). This was no one's fault-it just happen's and when it does-it is time to try and work it out in professional manner without personal attacks.

7. I learned many years ago that having a somewhat cordial relation with the administration was beneficial to both sides, but mostly to the cops. Can you imagine if the bargaining with the Sheriff was carried out in a hostile environment.

8. AGAIN-I emphazise that I am not speaking against or for anyone but trying to point out that collective is a valuable and delicate tool that only works with unity and professionalism.

9. Do what the majority thinks is right-BUT-THINK HARD ABOUT IT.

06-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Mark Bannon

We only want our president very close to our sheriff IF he is going to fight EQUALLY for ALL of us, not just himself and his golf buddies.
AND... Kaz seems to always interject his PERSONAL feelings and opinions into his job as our president. The guy has a bad attitude, and doesn't make time to listen to us. I think it's been a while since you have seen him Mark. He has changed a lot, and not for the better of us- but to promote himself and his personal friends.

06-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Are you people that ignorant? Kaz and Mac are not PBSO reps, rather appointed through the union over all in Palm Beach County.

This link is all the PBSO reps who we vote for:'

http://www.pbcpba.org/agency_list.htm#P ... fice%20(LE (http://www.pbcpba.org/agency_list.htm#Palm%20Beach%20County%20Sheriff's% 20Office%20(LE))

This link is the staff of the PBA, which includes officers from Delray Beach, West Palm Beach, and PBSO:

http://www.pbcpba.org/staff.htm

If you people are going to start rumors and spread false information, do a little research prior to going off on BS tangents. We voted for all reps as for getting rid of the staff, you would have to get a majority vote from all the police departments who the PBA represents. If you nasty whiny Deputies are so upset, please go apply elsewhere. This is getting old.

06-25-2007, 06:16 AM
You sir are totally misinformed, I'm sorry to say. I truly am. Here is why.

Yes, ON PAPER, Kaz is Palm beach County PBA's President. Vrchota is PBSO President. Fact.

However, in practice, the reality is CLEAR and by design the complete opposite. Kaz is PBSO's real President. It is undeniable. This is NOT a slight to Vrchota, a respected sergeant.

Vrchota can not challenge Kaz and has not. It's NOT his fault, the system is built that way. It is stacked towards Kaz and no one else.

The people that meet with the Sheriff on PBSO issues IS NOT, HAS NOT, WILL NEVER BE Vrchota, it has been only two people, Kaz and Ernie, who alledgely retired, but the money (dues) train was soooooooooooooooooooooo good, Kaz rewarded him by making him, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, an Executive Director???, a newly made position, with all those wonderful perks, benefits, and special pays from our dues. .

Don't take my word. You're a cop, ask him yourself and look him directly in the eye when you ask. Ask him "Kaz, with all respect I, as a union member in great standing, would like to look at our financial records and expense books." He will tell you as I have been told, as have many others have been told, a number of times, "no." Why? Why not the transparency? If we are running a clean operation without any issues or conflicts or perceptions of ethics, shouldn't I as a member, who pays money and vacation hours to PBA, be able to look at the financial books and expenditures? You should NOT have to ask, but rather it should be posted and available. But, you certainly should NEVER be denied. So, go check it out for yourself and when you are denied, ask "why?" Why would Kaz do that? Use your common sense. Does he want you to know about outrageous expenses and perks. Or going after non-winnable issues because one close friend asked for a special favor just to make a point?

As I have said previously, because I have PERSONALLY witnessed it myself, I have been here over 15 years. Kaz's practices today would be considered improper just as I saw of him in his past. Yes boyz and girls, I was there with him. He was a MASTER about making certain IF monies work in his favor. He taught others. I was there and refused to participate. Years later these practices were discovered and nearly all involved were disciplined and removed from OCB. Kaz was not apart of that bunch.

If you think he has done a great job, look at his first contract he tried to do on his own (before our current Sheriff), with only a 3 % COLA. Wow, that's what we had been getting without him. He never asked for the pay plan we are currently scheduled to get starting in October. That was our Sheriff on his own asking the PBA to create one.

The reality my friends, I wanted to believe in Kaz. I really did. I thought he could be responsible, honest, and work very hard for the great men and women of PBSO. I thought to myself, he is older now and more mature. He went through a lot of personal tragedy and growth. But, I, like many were wrong. unfair activities and conduct continues to this day.

He uses our dues monies for expenses in very questionable accounts, travel trips, special toys for special people, parties, and other things.

He has denied deputies complaints or doesn't return calls.

There are many, many more examples, many of you out there know them all too well.

For these reasons, we must get a separate bargaining unit, separate from the Sergeants and Lieutenants. A sergeant and lieutenant PBA President just does not have the same interest in our interests and concerns.

We need and demand to have our own leader, separate from the Kaz's and Mac's. Someone singularly for law enforcement deputies only. Period!

CAPT AB spends more time in the PBA Hall or handling PBA business than being a CDO. He makes all kinds of "deals" with guys. It is almost like Kaz requires a guy to float his problems first with Capt AB, and if you are a friend or you can convince AB, then you go to the next steps (that is if you are truly looking to ultimately get what you are asking for contested and vigorously presented to the Sheriff). And please do not deny it. It is common knowledge and practice that is ALL Capt AB does is address PBA issues. This is just one example of systemic problems of Kaz's PBA. These unofficial processes and red tape and systematic levels, like a Capt AB, is also a reason for our efforts.

For the love of humanity, we must get rid of KAZ as the law enforcement deputies President and the insanity running our part of PBA. We need a leader who can speak, think, write and be without a out of control temper, which EVERYONE knows is Kaz's problem. Has any of you raised an issue at the PBA Hall that Kaz did not want to answer? Did you? Have you ever witnessed him fly off the handle at a person or PBA Rep who had the audacity of asking him a legitimate question?

That is why we are asking for a separate body to be a bargaining unit for the PBSO LE deputies only. We are not suggesting Kaz or Mac be removed unnecessarily, although that is probably not a bad idea. We understand the system in place says union Reps have to vote for their President, that is the system set up to safe guard the people in place and protect this system currently in place.

We are suggesting a radical effort. The Law Enforcement Deputies are the largest group of members of PBSO PBA. We are sugesting our Reps hold a Confidence Vote among ONLY LE Deputies union members. If there is a vote of no confidence, let us change whatever bylaw to create a separate PBA body for us, and us only. And that our president has the authority to negotiate directly without having to have Kaz do it or change it from us.

We think this is a fair option to be considered. Yes there were some personalities involved in the beginning of this effort to make a change, but it is NOT apart of the equation for what we are asking for now. We want equal representation and fair treatment for complaints. We want transparency in a union. We want accountability. Honesty in words and deeds.

Giving the LE Deputies their own President and bargainning unit is the way to insure these desires. It is a fundamental practice within the PBA that the most important decisions are made at the the PBC PBA President's level (Kaz) with the advice of the individual agency union Presidents. Giving PBSO LE D/S's their own President, led by a deputy, will ensure that the vital interests of the LE deputies will be adequately represented.

We feel this is not an issue that can be sat on or hope to change over the next years. Action is needed now. Today.

06-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for your remarks Mark. Kaz and Mac deserve the respect and support of the membership. For now though, they will have earned our appreciation for what they have done.

We have a strong and healthy relationship between the Sheriff and the Union today, and much of that is because of Kaz and Mac.

Your message was clear and I'm hoping that a lot of these young lads will take a deep breath and listen. We have many good people in this organization that could rise to various leadership positions, including the union positions. With that said, however, Kaz and Mac have an abundance of experience, and are strong advocates for the membership, and we need to keep that in place for a while. If one takes a moment to look where we started on the CBA, and then compares that with where we've come, our points on this issue become crystal clear.
Kaz should have taken your route through IA, then MAYBE he would have had a chance at becoming a Lieutenant too. But he is a failure. A failure at supervising and leading.
Again, he would have "fit right in" at IA.,

06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Why knock the people in IA? Whether we like it or not, we have boneheads that work for us that do stupid things all the time and unfortunately some of those things are soooo stupid that the individuals who do them shouldn't be cops. I don't know everyone in IA but the ones I know are good peeps. Besides, what is the PBA supposed to do when one of our own does something that is completely over the top?? When you're wrong, you're wrong.

06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Why knock the people in IA? Whether we like it or not, we have boneheads that work for us that do stupid things all the time and unfortunately some of those things are soooo stupid that the individuals who do them shouldn't be cops. I don't know everyone in IA but the ones I know are good peeps. Besides, what is the PBA supposed to do when one of our own does something that is completely over the top?? When you're wrong, you're wrong.

06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Kaz is a HACK!

Kaz is a Hack,
Who never had a Sack.

He needs to retire,
But he likes being Sire.

To get what you need,
You must infiltrate his Greed.

Get in with his Clan,
Start golfing if you Can.

Get the most from your Dues,
On his golf course...or Lose.

Your rights to be equal,
See Mack's post for my Sequal.

This agency is really messed up! And I love it!!!

06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
I have heard so much complaining. Things are good here because of Bradshaw.

Let's put to rest the complaints about misuse and abuse.

Show us the line item expenses at the PBA. How do I know how MY dues are being spent? How can I see these items? A quarterly meeting to the members would be a good start.

Your thoughts?

06-27-2007, 04:19 AM
Is it true that the PBA is not actually a true association but a for profit corporation?

Anyone know where to look to find the answer to this question? Besides asking the PBA.

I quit paying dues years ago before it became cool.

As for getting all the bennies and not paying dues, I voted against bringing them on-board so don't hang that albatross on my neck.

06-27-2007, 05:21 AM
Check the Secretary of State website. You should be able to find it through myflorida.com

06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Is it true that the PBA is not actually a true association but a for profit corporation?

Anyone know where to look to find the answer to this question? Besides asking the PBA.

As for getting all the bennies and not paying dues, I voted against bringing them on-board so don't hang that albatross on my neck.

You're still a SCAB!! Enjoying all the benefits w/out paying your share of the dues. If you're so against the union give up the pay and bene's that the PBA got for you. I can't stand people like you. You badmouth the very hand that feeds you.

06-27-2007, 02:29 PM

You're still a SCAB!! Enjoying all the benefits w/out paying your share of the dues. If you're so against the union give up the pay and bene's that the PBA got for you. I can't stand people like you. You badmouth the very hand that feeds you.
This is an obvious Kaz golf buddy.
Hey put your money where your mouth is...
SHOW US HOW OUR MONEY IS BEING SPENT!!!
Several requests, still NO results.

06-27-2007, 02:57 PM
The Freedom of Information Act is a powerful tool. Or simply make a written request or allegation of misconduct to the Grand Pooh-bah's above the PBC PBA. There are also other places to go that kind of act as over-site bodies for unions. Complain to them. Go right to the top of the food chain of the PBA (National). Fact is, by law they will have to show you past tax filings, ependitures, budget, etc - when properly requested. They're not gonna give you access to bank accounts without a court order and you'll first need tangible proof of misconduct and/or other compelling evidence. Whining and crocidle tears 'cause you didn't get your way doesn't count.

06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
The Freedom of Information Act is a powerful tool. Or simply make a written request or allegation of misconduct to the Grand Pooh-bah's above the PBC PBA. There are also other places to go that kind of act as over-site bodies for unions. Complain to them. Go right to the top of the food chain of the PBA (National). Fact is, by law they will have to show you past tax filings, ependitures, budget, etc - when properly requested. They're not gonna give you access to bank accounts without a court order and you'll first need tangible proof of misconduct and/or other compelling evidence. Whining and crocidle tears 'cause you didn't get your way doesn't count.
WOW.
OUR Union, that OUR dues support, BUT we can't see the records unless we get a court order???
What are you guys hiding?[/b]

06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Maybe the PBA could print a yearly summary of dues and other monies taken in and how it was spent - what percentage went to this, that or whatever.

06-28-2007, 01:43 AM

Yes, ON PAPER, Kaz is Palm beach County PBA's President. Vrchota is PBSO President. Fact.

However, in practice, the reality is CLEAR and by design the complete opposite. Kaz is PBSO's real President. It is undeniable. This is NOT a slight to Vrchota, a respected sergeant.

Vrchota can not challenge Kaz and has not. It's NOT his fault, the system is built that way. It is stacked towards Kaz and no one else.

The people that meet with the Sheriff on PBSO issues IS NOT, HAS NOT, WILL NEVER BE Vrchota, it has been only two people, Kaz and Ernie, who alledgely retired, but the money (dues) train was soooooooooooooooooooooo good, Kaz rewarded him by making him, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, an Executive Director???, a newly made position, with all those wonderful perks, benefits, and special pays from our dues. .

Don't take my word. You're a cop, ask him yourself and look him directly in the eye when you ask. Ask him "Kaz, with all respect I, as a union member in great standing, would like to look at our financial records and expense books." He will tell you as I have been told, as have many others have been told, a number of times, "no." Why? Why not the transparency? If we are running a clean operation without any issues or conflicts or perceptions of ethics, shouldn't I as a member, who pays money and vacation hours to PBA, be able to look at the financial books and expenditures? You should NOT have to ask, but rather it should be posted and available. But, you certainly should NEVER be denied. So, go check it out for yourself and when you are denied, ask "why?" Why would Kaz do that? Use your common sense. Does he want you to know about outrageous expenses and perks. Or going after non-winnable issues because one close friend asked for a special favor just to make a point?

As I have said previously, because I have PERSONALLY witnessed it myself, I have been here over 15 years. Kaz's practices today would be considered improper just as I saw of him in his past. Yes boyz and girls, I was there with him. He was a MASTER about making certain IF monies work in his favor. He taught others. I was there and refused to participate. Years later these practices were discovered and nearly all involved were disciplined and removed from OCB. Kaz was not apart of that bunch.

If you think he has done a great job, look at his first contract he tried to do on his own (before our current Sheriff), with only a 3 % COLA. Wow, that's what we had been getting without him. He never asked for the pay plan we are currently scheduled to get starting in October. That was our Sheriff on his own asking the PBA to create one.

The reality my friends, I wanted to believe in Kaz. I really did. I thought he could be responsible, honest, and work very hard for the great men and women of PBSO. I thought to myself, he is older now and more mature. He went through a lot of personal tragedy and growth. But, I, like many were wrong. unfair activities and conduct continues to this day.

He uses our dues monies for expenses in very questionable accounts, travel trips, special toys for special people, parties, and other things.

There are many, many more examples, many of you out there know them all too well.

For these reasons, we must get a separate bargaining unit, separate from the Sergeants and Lieutenants. A sergeant and lieutenant PBA President just does not have the same interest in our interests and concerns.

We need and demand to have our own leader, separate from the Kaz's and Mac's. Someone singularly for law enforcement deputies only. Period!

CAPT AB spends more time in the PBA Hall or handling PBA business than being a CDO. He makes all kinds of "deals" with guys. It is almost like Kaz requires a guy to float his problems first with Capt AB, and if you are a friend or you can convince AB, then you go to the next steps (that is if you are truly looking to ultimately get what you are asking for contested and vigorously presented to the Sheriff). And please do not deny it. It is common knowledge and practice that is ALL Capt AB does is address PBA issues. This is just one example of systemic problems of Kaz's PBA. These unofficial processes and red tape and systematic levels, like a Capt AB, is also a reason for our efforts.

For the love of humanity, we must get rid of KAZ as the law enforcement deputies President and the insanity running our part of PBA. We need a leader who can speak, think, write and be without a out of control temper, which EVERYONE knows is Kaz's problem. Has any of you raised an issue at the PBA Hall that Kaz did not want to answer? Did you? Have you ever witnessed him fly off the handle at a person or PBA Rep who had the audacity of asking him a legitimate question?

That is why we are asking for a separate body to be a bargaining unit for the PBSO LE deputies only. We are not suggesting Kaz or Mac be removed unnecessarily, although that is probably not a bad idea. We understand the system in place says union Reps have to vote for their President, that is the system set up to safe guard the people in place and protect this system currently in place.

We are suggesting a radical effort. The Law Enforcement Deputies are the largest group of members of PBSO PBA. We are sugesting our Reps hold a Confidence Vote among ONLY LE Deputies union members. If there is a vote of no confidence, let us change whatever bylaw to create a separate PBA body for us, and us only. And that our president has the authority to negotiate directly without having to have Kaz do it or change it from us.

We think this is a fair option to be considered. Yes there were some personalities involved in the beginning of this effort to make a change, but it is NOT apart of the equation for what we are asking for now. We want equal representation and fair treatment for complaints. We want transparency in a union. We want accountability. Honesty in words and deeds.

Giving the LE Deputies their own President and bargainning unit is the way to insure these desires. It is a fundamental practice within the PBA that the most important decisions are made at the the PBC PBA President's level (Kaz) with the advice of the individual agency union Presidents. Giving PBSO LE D/S's their own President, led by a deputy, will ensure that the vital interests of the LE deputies will be adequately represented.

We feel this is not an issue that can be sat on or hope to change over the next years. Action is needed now. Today.

Apparently, the editing from the moderater eliminated key points. Here it is again. There are no violations of the terms of use.

The people that meet with the Sheriff on PBSO issues IS NOT, HAS NOT, WILL NEVER BE Vrchota, it has been only two people, Kaz and Ernie, who alledgely retired, but the money (dues) train was soooooooooooooooooooooo good, Kaz rewarded him by making him, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, an Executive Director???, a newly made position, with all those wonderful perks, benefits, and special pays from our dues. So, STOP THE LIES. IT IS BY DESIGN, the set up is A FARCE or SHAM.

Don't take my word. You're a cop, ask him yourself and look him directly in the eye when you ask. Ask him "Kaz, with all respect I, as a union member in great standing, would like to look at our financial records and expense books." He will tell you as I have been told, as have many others have been told, a number of times, "no." Why? Why not the transparency? If we are running a clean operation without any issues or conflicts or perceptions of ethics, shouldn't I as a member, who pays money and vacation hours to PBA, be able to look at the financial books and expenditures? You should NOT have to ask, but rather it should be posted and available. But, you certainly should NEVER be denied. So, go check it out for yourself and when you are denied, ask "why?" Why would Kaz do that? Use your common sense. Does he want you to know about ridiculous or outrageous expenses and perks. Or going after non-winnable issues because one close friend asked for a special favor just to make a point?

As I have said previously, because I have PERSONALLY witnessed it myself, I have been here over 15 years. Kaz's practices today would be considered corrupt (maybe not technically illegal) or improper just as I saw of him in his past. Yes boyz and girls, I was there with him. He was a MASTER about making certain IF monies work in his favor. He taught others. I was there and refused to participate. Years later these practices were discovered and nearly all involved were disciplined and removed from OCB. Kaz was not apart of that bunch.

The reality my friends, I wanted to believe in Kaz. I really did. I thought he could be responsible, honest, and work very hard for the great men and women of PBSO. I thought to myself, he is older now and more mature. He went through a lot of personal tragedy and growth. But, I, like many were wrong. Dead wrong. Corrupt-like or unfair activities and unethical conduct continues to this day.

That is why we are asking for a separate body to be a bargaining unit for the PBSO LE deputies only. We are not suggesting Kaz or Mac be removed unnecessarily, although that is probably not a bad idea. We understand the system in place says union Reps have to vote for their President, that is the system set up to safe guard the people in place and protect this crazy system currently in place.

06-28-2007, 07:40 PM
So when are you going to take this "action"? :roll:

06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Rumor control says that on 07/07/07 peeps will begin withdrawing their dues by cancelling their membership to the union. One simple memo to accounting and its done. We shall see if there is a true consensus to pursue change or if its only a silent minority that are just pulling the tiger's tail. But you know how rumors, hearsay and hipe goes ?!?!?!?!?

07-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm IN!!! Start spreading the word: 07-07-07 CANCEL PBA DUES, sign up for protection from the FOP. Ed Manak hasn't let a cop down yet, and he doesn't spend member's dues golfing!

07-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I heard that because we're under a collective bargaining contract with the PBA, that you don't even have to pay dues to the PBA for protection under the agreement (as an employee you're covered). Is this true? Can anyone advise?

07-01-2007, 09:11 PM
KAZ IS A HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK!!!

07-01-2007, 10:22 PM
KAZ IS A HACK HACK HACK HACK HACK!!!

Shut-up and grow up. Get off this site and go be a cop.

07-01-2007, 11:39 PM
You get the benefits that the union negotiates, but you're not covered. If you need representation for an I/A investigation or an officer involved shooting, they might work something out to get you back in, but I wouldn't count on it. You may very well have to hire your own attorney out of pocket.

07-02-2007, 03:41 AM
You get the benefits that the union negotiates, but you're not covered. If you need representation for an I/A investigation or an officer involved shooting, they might work something out to get you back in, but I wouldn't count on it. You may very well have to hire your own attorney out of pocket.

This is absolutely not true. If you have a grivence, the union must represent that group, member or no member. As far as legal defense, the answer is no, but you can get that else where.

Only an idiot would contribute money from the mouth of their children to fund PBA abuses, parties, golf games, trips, and other nice-ties. Union abuse at it's best equals the PBA and Kaz.

07-02-2007, 03:57 AM
The PBA isn't going to file a grievance on your behalf if you're not a dues paying member - you'd have to file it thru HR.

07-03-2007, 12:31 AM
The PBA isn't going to file a grievance on your behalf if you're not a dues paying member - you'd have to file it thru HR.

LIES

ALL GRIEVANCES ARE FILED THE SAME WAY. STOP SCARING DEPUTIES. WE ARE ALL DROPING THE SCAM PBA ON 07-07-07.

KAZ AND MAC WILL HAVE TO HOLD A SPECIAL SESSION TO CREATE A NEW BARGAINING UNIT OF ONLY LE DEPUTIES IF HE PLANS ON KEEPING US IN PBA. PERIOD. SO, YOUR SCARE TACTICS ARE junk. IT IS IN THE UNION CONTRACT. AND IT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO BE A UNION MEMBER TO BENEFIT.

07-03-2007, 08:02 AM

LIES

ALL GRIEVANCES ARE FILED THE SAME WAY STOP SCARING DEPUTIES. WE ARE ALL DROPING THE SCAM PBA ON 07-07-07.

KAZ AND MAC WILL HAVE TO HOLD A SPECIAL SESSION TO CREATE A NEW BARGAINING UNIT OF ONLY LE DEPUTIES IF HE PLANS ON KEEPING US IN PBA. PERIOD. SO, YOUR SCARE TACTICS ARE junk. IT IS IN THE UNION CONTRACT. AND IT DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO BE A UNION MEMBER TO BENEFIT.

Read the membership information on the webpage. You must be a dues paying member. The only time you don't have to be is if the PBA is filing a grievance on behalf of all the deputies. If you have an individual issue, they will not represent you.

07-03-2007, 12:55 PM
GENTLEMEN AND LADIES, NO WHERE IN THE CBA DOES IT SAY YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BE A PBA MEMBER TO HAVE THE RIGHTS AND BENEFITS OF THE AGREEMENT. IT IS ALL LISTED IN THE CONTRACT. HERE IS A RELATED SAMPLE.

SO, ON 07-07-07, THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO UNITE IN UNITY AND PROTEST AND SUBMIT MEMEOS REQUESTING A DROP FROM PBA.

ARTICLE 1
PREAMBLE

THIS AGREEMENT is entered into by and between the SHERIFF OF PALM
BEACH COUNTY, FLORIDA, located within the County of Palm Beach, State of Florida (hereinafter referred to as “PBSO”), and the PALM BEACH COUNTY POLICE BENEVOLENT ASSOCIATION, INC. (hereinafter referred to as the “PBA” or the “Association”), as the sole and exclusive bargaining representative of the employees within the certified bargaining units. It is the purpose of this Agreement to promote and maintain harmonious relations between the Sheriff and the employees within the certified bargaining units; to provide for equitable and peaceful means of resolving grievances which may arise; and to establish fair wages, hours, terms and conditions of employment.

NO WHERE DOES IT SAY YOU HAVE TO BE AN ACTUAL PBA MEMBER. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF BARGAINING UNIT.

NOTE BELOW THE TERM "UNIT MEMBERS", NOT PBA UNION MEMBERS. UNIT MEMBERS ARE ANY MEMBER PROTECTED UNDER THE AGREEMENT.

ARTICLE 37
GRIEVANCE AND ARBITRATION PROCEDURE

Section 1. Grievance Procedure

A grievance shall be defined as a dispute over the interpretation or application of the specific provisions of this Agreement. The parties agree that this procedure will substitute for and replace the procedure found at GO 210.00 for bargaining unit members.

Unit members may appeal disciplinary suspensions of greater than two days, disciplinary demotions or discharges by either using the procedure in this Article or the Career Service Employees Act (GO #202.01), but not both. Employees may avail themselves of only one of these forums, and once an option has been chosen the other procedure shall be foreclosed to them.

Unit members may appeal disciplinary action involving disciplinary suspensions of two days or less through this procedure up to Step 4, but the decision of the Sheriff or his designee at that step will be final and the matter cannot be taken to arbitration.

Unit members who wish to appeal performance evaluations may informally contest their evaluations by conferring with the next level within the chain of command. Members will be given the opportunity to clarify their position and voice opinions regarding the evaluations, and the reviewing authority may supplement the evaluations, but members shall not be entitled to grieve their evaluations.

Section 2.

In a mutual effort to provide harmonious relations between the parties to this agreement, it is agreed to and understood by both parties that there shall be a procedure for the resolution of grievances or misunderstandings between the parties arising from the application or interpretation of this agreement as follows:

Step 1. The aggrieved employee with or without a union representative may present a written grievance to his/her Captain within ten (10) working days of the occurrence or knowledge of the matter giving rise to the grievance. The Captain shall attempt to adjust the matter within his/her authority and respond to the party presenting the grievance
within ten (10) working days.

Step 2. If the grievance has not been satisfactorily resolved in step 1, the PBA representative and/or the aggrieved employee may appeal the grievance to his/her Major, in writing, within ten (10) working days of the date the response was due in Step 1. The Major shall respond to matter within his/her authority, in writing, within ten (10) working days to the employee and PBA.

Step 3. If the grievance has not been satisfactorily resolved in Step 2, the PBA representative and/or the aggrieved employee may appeal the grievance to the Colonel in his/her chain of command, within ten(10) working days after the time the response from the previous step is due. The Colonel shall respond, in writing, within ten (10) working days to the employee and PBA.

Step 4. If the grievance is not satisfactorily resolved in Step 3, the aggrieved employee of the Association may appeal the grievance to the Sheriff or his designee, in writing, within ten (10) working days of the date the response was due in Step 3. The Sheriff or his designee shall respond in writing within ten (10) working days to the employee and the PBA.

Note: The time limits set forth may be waived only by mutual agreement, in writing, between the parties. If the PBA fails to advance a grievance within these time limits the grievance will be treated as withdrawn with prejudice. If the PBSO fails to respond to the grievance within these time limits, the grievance will be treated as denied, effective on the date the response was due.

Section 3.

Should the PBSO wish to press a grievance, such grievance must be presented to the PBA for a response. The PBA shall have ten (10) working days in which to submit a written response. The PBSO may appeal the PBA’s response to arbitration pursuant to Section 4 of the procedure below.

Section 4. Arbitration Referral

1. If the grievance is not resolved at Step 4 of the Grievance Procedure, the aggrieved employee or the PBA may, within ten (10) working days of the date the response was due in Step 4, submit a request for arbitration to the Sheriff. In general grievances, either the PBA or the PBSO may request to take the issue or grievance to arbitration.

2. If the parties fail to mutually agree upon an arbitrator within ten (10) days after the date of receipt of the arbitration request, a list of seven (7) qualified neutrals from the American Arbitration Association shall be requested by either party, with a copy of the request sent to the other party. Within five days after the receipt of the list, the parties shall meet and alternately cross out the names on the list, and the remaining name
shall be the arbitrator. The party bringing the grievance shall cross out the first name. Failure of the parties to select an arbitrator within thirty (30) days of receipt of the panel from AAA will be considered a withdrawal of the grievance with prejudice.

3. The hearing on the grievance shall be informal and the strict rules of evidence shall not apply.

4. The arbitrator shall not have the power to add to, subtract from, modify or alter the terms of this collective bargaining agreement in arriving at a decision of the issue or issues presented, and shall confine his or her decision solely to the interpretation or application of the agreement. The arbitrator shall not have the authority to determine any issues not submitted.

5. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding upon the aggrieved employee, the union and employer, except as provided by law, or if the circuit court finds that the arbitrator’s decision is clearly erroneous or in violation of public policy.

6. The arbitrator’s fee and expenses shall be borne equally by the parties, unless otherwise agreed to by the parties.

7. Attendance at any arbitration procedure and compensation of participants shall be the responsibility of each side.

8. The arbitrator shall be requested to tender his/her decision as quickly as possible, but in any event, no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the hearing.

9. In the case of a grievance involving any continuing or other money claim against the employer, no award shall be made by the arbitrator, which shall allow any monetary payment, damages or accruals for more than five (5) working days prior to the date when such grievances shall have been first submitted in writing.

10. Upon receipt of the arbitrator’s award, corrective action, if any, will be
implemented as soon as possible.

11. If either party to this agreement requests a copy of transcripts of the arbitration hearings, both parties will share equally the cost of such transcripts.

Section 5.

Where a grievance is general in nature, in that is applies to a number of employees having the same issue to be decided, or if the grievance is directly between the Union and PBSO, it shall be presented in writing directly at Step 4 of this Grievance Procedure, within fifteen (15) days of the time limits provided for the submission of a grievance in Step 1, and shall be signed by the aggrieved employees or the Union Representative on their behalf.

Section 6.

PBSO agrees to forward a copy of the initial face sheet of internal grievances, when the employee elects not to have Union representation. Upon the Union’s request, PBSO will provide copies of all written documents pertaining to the employee’s grievance, to the extent authorized by the public records law.

07-05-2007, 03:58 AM
Kaz will learn that misusing dues and practicing politics instead of fairness will not be allowed by the majority of members. We are tired of hearing "we had to draw the line somewhere". The line is now on 07-07-07, where we drawn the line between right and wrong.

Open the books Kaz for members review. We want to know where the dues are going and how it's been spent.