PDA

View Full Version : Cell phones Vs. AIM

06-15-2007, 06:31 PM
After reading the myspace topic along with the lack of supervision from certain supervisors I have to comment on the use of cell phones.

Supervisors EXPECT you to have a cell phone while working. HELLO<<<< you nor the S.O. pay for my cell phone bill much less the cell phone itself so therefore when you write me up for not answering my cell phone to chew me out, remember, I dont have to have a cell phone to make it convenient for YOU to do your job from your desk.

Why do I have a pager when everyone from the Sheriff's Office calls my cell phone and the complaint desk or the "customer service representative' calls my cell phone to give me a message. IM OFF DUTY. It can wait.

06-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Do as I did. Take your cell 1088 out of your personnel screen. That should eliminate the unnecessary phone calls, especially on your days off. It sure stopped for me. And I agree, they don't issue me my phone, only reason I don't mind calling theirs is b/c mine is Verizon so it is free, otherwise it could wait. :lol:

06-15-2007, 10:35 PM
I claim the whole year's cell phone bill on my taxes 'cause I use it for work!

06-15-2007, 11:11 PM
I did the initial post. I do the same, I buy the phone, tax write-off, and my monthly bill is a tax write off.. but still.. its quite aggravating..

For Example:

I get a phone call...

Hey its Sgt So and So.. are you working.

I replied, does it say I am on the CAD screen because I'm not. (never know, computers lock up, misinterpretation of ID on radio)

Sgt. SO and So.. no, shows your 1087.

My reply, no, sir, then I'm not working.

Sgt So and So- Okay I need you to come in and fix this information report from 10 days ago. There's a misspelled word..

My reply, I come in to work on Monday, Ill fix it then, I'm with my family now.

Sgt So and So - no i would like for you to come in.

My reply- Well Im placing this on call out

Sgt So and So - No no, no call out, just come in on your time

My Reply - well Ill be in on Monday when Im scheduled to work!!

WTF - - - - -FRUSTRATING.

06-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I claim mine on taxes as well, just not 100% of it, more like 75% or so, just to be on the safe side...
Take it out of CAD trust me!! Makes life simpler!!! :)

MOD 147
06-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I had my cell phone in LEP as well and I got calls all the time from other supervisors calling me to come in to work because they were short. Plus I was getting alot of crank calls so after I removed it the calls stopped. My supervisor has my cell but she doesn't call me unless she absolutely has too. She doesn't want to be bothered off duty any more then I do.

GUEST141414
06-16-2007, 11:05 PM
CALL ME OUT, ILL WORK...