PDA

View Full Version : Hiring process

06-15-2007, 04:28 AM
If one has already had a meeting and passed the gun qualification, polygraph, pat test and psychiatric evaluation what is left? I know most PD's have an oral board, but one was not mentioned. Thanks in advance.

06-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I think your best question would be if we are even hiring yet?

06-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I was told that aside from my gun qualification test all test's would be put on hold until after the property tax vote, and not to expect to hear anything until that time. Well, the vote hasn't happened yet and from what I've been told from others all my testing is now done. I know they want to hire 4-5 new but it depends on this vote. I was just wondering if the psych. test is the last of testing or not. Thanks again.

06-15-2007, 03:59 PM
From what I heard dispatch just got like 4 new people. So I think the freeze is over. You should hear something soon.

06-15-2007, 04:51 PM
First, yes you have completed everything that you need to. There is no oral board. Second to my knowledge the freeze is still on for officers, but since they did just past the tax reform bill we should hear something soon. They were able to hire dispatchers, but not officers yet.

06-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Thank's. The whole process has been going pretty quickly so hopefully it won't be much longer.

06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
After you pass all the tests, the final one is the physical exam. If you get the go ahead from the doctor then you shoudln't have a problem.