PDA

View Full Version : Soo...

06-15-2007, 03:48 AM
What are ya'lls thoughts on the new State Youth President?

Just curious.

06-17-2007, 04:50 AM
Well I would like to start this off by saying I think he is going to do a great job. He seems to be on top of things already as far as organizing the rest of the board and although it would have been nice if I won (duh thats the point of running) I think that he will not stear the association wrong.

On another note hope everyone had a safe trip home thats usually the worst part of the trip but it has to come to an end sometime. I hope that everyone enjoyed themselves this year cuz I know I sure did and I cant wait to see what OPD is planning for next year. As ALWAYS they didnt a great job and evenything went good. Time to start training for next years competition as we have a trophy to uphold and for all of you local post, we look foward to seeing you all at Broward county competition in a month.

Jason Palant P.P.P.D.

06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I just have to say that I think that he's not going to do too well this year, I've heard people saying that he told them he really didn't want the position.

06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, if his performance at closing cermonies was any indication of what the year is going to be....let's just say....WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!

Or maybe he could just run the youth board by himself...he forgot to swear in his own board!!! YIKES!!!

Good preparation on his part!?!?

06-21-2007, 02:36 AM
We enough people voted for him so now we are pretty much SOL now all we can do is support him and make another good year happen... and get ride of crime scene

06-21-2007, 03:35 AM
I think we should all just give him support and then the board can be what everyone wants it to be. You only tear someone down so far but you can biuld them up much higher.

06-21-2007, 04:45 AM
there has def. been some controversy over this election and i will admit that i voted for someone else....karon will def. make an exceptional president i see him as an average explorer like the rest of us and not a politician as we have had the previous years....i see him making a better connection with the organization as a whole....as far as closing ceremonies id like to see some of u guys up there for the first time as president in front of some 4-500 ppl not the easiest task.....have of us didnt even bring home trophies and we had been preparing for states for HOW LONG?......i got respect for u KARON...do ur thing

06-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Yea, I also heard he didnt want the position that his advisors wanted him to run for it.

06-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Our first and perhaps one of the best presidents and leaders in World History did not want the position as president of the soon to be most powerful country in the world also.....yet he was more than capable of being a great leader

07-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Right now I'm just a little aggrivated.
Karon hasn't done anything.
He's had people get his stuff together for him, He even had one of the VP's call people to let them know that they hadn't gotten an appointed position. I think that he needs a swift kick in the arse and needs to know that these VP's and secretary are the VP's and secretaries for the Association, not his personal staff. He doesn't have any idea what he's doing, even after he's been given guidance, he still calls other people to tell him what to do.

07-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Talk about a waste of space but hey who says that we really need a President his job isn’t all that important. I don’t know how everyone else feels but I figured hey no one’s perfect give it time he’ll figure it out, ha I HAVE BEEN PROVED WRONG!!! He had a pretty entertaining speech so he knows how to write why hasn’t he posted a newsletter yet, “I WILL FIX THE COMMUNICATION ISSUES” Bullsh*t. Karon Polk is all talk and a waste of space I think we should just go and eliminate the position of President from the Youth Board this year because that’s what it seems like already happened. Good going KARON way to prove everyone wrong and fall flat on your face, you idiot.
:twisted:

07-26-2007, 02:01 AM
Dear Central East,

I am on Vacation in Maryland right now and started thinking about Explorers and what I could do to make a difference in each of your exploring career's.
Since every year we push for the C word (communication), I have come up with an idea that I was going to leave and wait until when I'm president, but that just sounded selfish of me. So I talked to Karon and at the beginning of each delegates meeting you post will not go in until I have your top ranking explorer (it can be as many as you want, but I need at least one) name, e-mail and possibly phone number (if you don't mind). I will also need an Advisors name and e-mail address. this may seem like a pain in the butt, but if you think about it I send out an E-mail to 20-30 people at a time: I have gotten back as many as 12 'user unknown' e-mails. it gets frustrating!

I just want to make this year the best I can. A far as I have been told I have done a good job. If there are any problems you have with me PLEASE e-mail me, or call me. I would much rather know.

I appreciate your thoughts and trying to bring this organization up to something more then a joke, which is how I feel, it is right now but I would like to comment on a few things you mentioned that I have an issue with.
You said you spoke with Karon, please remind me who that is again the name sounds familiar but I’m not sure. As for running for president don’t worry about running this year I am going to suggest we just eliminate that position as this years one SUCKS and it’s pointless to keep the position can we impeach this fool PLEASE. I like your ideas about the email addresses and phone numbers but it wont work because im sure 95% of these “ranking” explorers still will not respond emails or pick up their phone once they figure out who’s calling. As for the “ C word” I can think of one that fits our great president but I wont mention it as we might have to sit through a class on hurting peoples feelings at the next delegates meeting…………. Well good luck and I hope you get sworn in this time (since he is a one man circus in all and is doing such a great job) (…pause…) NOT

07-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Haha Karon.
No one likes you.
Ha.
Ha.

08-27-2007, 02:52 AM
All I have to say is that he better not mess up the delegates meeting.

That, and he has the worst grammar ever.
It makes me want to puke.

08-30-2007, 12:32 AM
So many times I hear explorers complain but never step up to the plate. It makes me sad to hear so many bash a person that they don't know. It is time to grow up.

A president has people under them for a reason to assit them. If its to make phone calls or anything else they need done. In the past the complaint was the VP did nothing so make up your minds. A great leader knows they don't know everything and is smart enough to ask people that do.

The election was not rigged and he did win it. If you want an great Explorer association than step up and take part instead of staying silent and complaining later. The association is more than one person.

09-02-2007, 09:28 PM
This B.S. is getting to be enough can someone please tell me how it’s a week before arrival for delegates and this moron we HAVE to call president doesn’t know sh*t about what’s going on…. Hey moron how about letting the Youth Board know what time they need to be there by Friday night for the meeting, or did you not know that we have a meeting Friday night since you have never been on the board. I think it should be a requirement that to run for president you must serve some ANY position of the board prior to your presidency. This will help ensure that people like KARON that have no freakn idea what is to be done on this board can’t screw it up like he is doing. I guess there’s more to running an origination then being a good bullshi*er up on stage. I would like to call for a vote of “NO CONFEDIENCE” in Daytona. Not for nothing but your worse then Kern but at least he got done what was needed. YOU SUCK KARON!!!! End of story.

12-11-2007, 03:10 AM
So many times I hear explorers complain but never step up to the plate. It makes me sad to hear so many bash a person that they don't know. It is time to grow up.

A president has people under them for a reason to assit them. If its to make phone calls or anything else they need done. In the past the complaint was the VP did nothing so make up your minds. A great leader knows they don't know everything and is smart enough to ask people that do.

The election was not rigged and he did win it. If you want an great Explorer association than step up and take part instead of staying silent and complaining later. The association is more than one person.
Oh, I always complain, i'm never silent about anything that has to do with FAPE, I tried, but ya'll didn't want me there, and picked him instead. the VP's job is not to make phone calls for the President, they are representatives for their specific region, not his paper pushers.

B Plante
12-11-2007, 03:42 AM
That last post was me.
I forgot to sign in. Haha.

12-11-2007, 04:14 AM

Oh, I always complain, i'm never silent about anything that has to do with FAPE, I tried, but ya'll didn't want me there, and picked him instead. the VP's job is not to make phone calls for the President, they are representatives for their specific region, not his paper pushers.

For all the VP’s that are having a problem with the way that the president is leading, please wake up and smell the coffee. If only you all had the chance to see how a big police and/or a sheriff dept function. There are agencies that the Asst. Chief or Under Sheriff assumes the role of the highest officer. I am having a hard time understanding the argument that these Vice Presidents are bring to the table. Do you think President Bush ever wrote a speech that he has delivered? He can hardly conduct a press conference with without making a mistake (GO GOP). The role of a president is to preside over a meeting or a group. For those of you who has ever held a job you should know that the boss hardly ever address the employee or problems that may be occurring in the workplace, usually the manager or the supervisor will address the issue and make sure that it does not happen again. Hence the boss= president, and manager= vice president. Yes Karon has made a few mistake but who has not.
According to the Gospel of John, the Pharisees, in an attempt to discredit Jesus, brought a woman charged with adultery before him. Then they reminded Jesus that adultery was punishable by stoning under Mosaic law and challenged him to judge the woman so that they might then accuse him of disobeying the law. Jesus thought for a moment and then replied, “He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.” The people crowded around him were so touched by their own consciences that they departed. When Jesus found himself alone with the woman, he asked her who were her accusers. She replied, “No man, lord.” Jesus then said, “Neither do I condemn thee: go and sin no more.”
We all make mistake, so here is my mission for you, if you believe that you’re “perfect” and that you have never made a mistake, STEP UP TO THE PLATE. I know that I could never step near the plate, can you? Let just stop for a moment and ask ourselves what are we gaining when we bring a fellow explorer down? As far as the FAPE, please let us not ruin a good thing. I would hate to see the FAPE go down the drain because of the fact that a few people are upset that they were not elected by their peeps. If the people wanted you as prez, oh trust me you would have been re-elected. There is a reason for anyting. I hate the fact that Karon even gave B.P. a position on the youth board, see the outcome when you giving a back stabbing person a chance. B.P. your time will come. Karon was stupid to even keep your sorry ass on that board…. We disliked like you than, not we just HATE you I know, I just put an fellow explorer down, but she had it coming>>>>>THANKS<<<<<<<

12-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Karon had it coming to him too. Of course he can't deliver a speech or a newsletter, he can't even write.

12-11-2007, 04:09 PM
It sounds like a sore loser has started enough trouble to cause problems within the FAPE. Everyone of you had a chance to confont the current Pres at the last delegates meeting but none of you spoke up. Stop throwing rocks and hiding your hands.
All of you who has made these stupid comments will not make it in the law enforcement field.
GROW UP and deal with it at the next election not by making hurtful comments about someone behind their back.
The last board was no ball of fire. The last pres was dislike by most ie..... not reelected. I think her chewing gum loud during a delegates meeting show GREAT leadership.
Everyong GROW UP

12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
A letter to B. P.

Dear B. P.,
YOU LOST now get a life and stop causing trouble for Karon and your fellow Board. Way to stab him in the back. Dont distroy your post with these actions like your doing the FAPE. If you can do better run again

12-11-2007, 04:21 PM
A letter to B. P.

Dear B. P.,
YOU LOST now get a life and stop causing trouble for Karon and your fellow Board. Way to stab him in the back. Dont distroy your post with these actions like your doing the FAPE. If you can do better run again

I agree he may be stuggling but better that the last one

12-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Some posts don't have the benefit of attending delegates meetings. Advisors can't get off or don't have the funding.

12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
It's kinda weird that everyone wants to post stuff online bout the president. Has anyone called him. I think if you got a problem then confront him about it face to face or call him. Don't be a coward!

12-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Not everyone likes to be talked bad about. If your talkin about anyone...it should not make you feel a stronger person but a weaker one. As explorers we are taught to unite and become one as police officers do when they are in the field. Have integrity and if you have the time and thought to talk bad use that into something more productive maybe in to suggestions on how we can help improve our association. When your a leader your either loved or hated. Hes our prez. Whats done is done. EVEN if ur voted for him or not. Maybe you guys should confront him...stop acting imature. Im not try to defend no one but whats right is right. EXPLORERS BUILD DON'T DESTROY! STEP UP EXPLORERS! :(

Thumper9769
12-14-2007, 09:39 PM
So...I personally did not vote for Karon...and from what i have seen and heard i am glad i didnt. Sure, most of the past presidents didnt do a very good job either, but at least they talked to the posts in the FAPE and did the stuff they needed to get done. They didnt pawn it off on their VPs or secretary. And speaking from a post that has not gotten ANY emails or phone calls what so ever, THE COMMUNICATION STINKS!!!! Wasnt that one of his campaign promises? To make the communication better? Way to drop the ball.......

12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
wow u pplz shouuld tell him whats up! perhapz give him call...wow u allz needa grow up...

12-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Karon is a moron. He talked about how this is his 2nd post, and how he spend a year or so in it... he was KICKED OUT of his last post for throwing a temper tantrum when he didn't get his way. Litterally, threw a fit in front of the police department. A lot of people voted for him because he was from South Florida, and you don't see a lot of South Florida people go for pres because of the trips to delagates. He's an idiot. VPs haven't dont anything either (atlease the south florida part). Haven't heard a word from them. We have yet to see a letter posted from the President on the FAPE website... it has been 6 months!! The site hasn't been updated since Oct 1. Wow... I thought it was bad before! Sadly, our post can't attend delegates because of the $$, but I do plan on speaking my mind at States... :-)