PDA

View Full Version : DISPATCH CENTER

06-15-2007, 12:51 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE SHERIFF'S DISPATCH CENTER? I WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 23 MINUTES WHILE TRYING TO REPORT A BURGLARY OF A VEHICLE IN PROGRESS, I INITIALLY CALLED 911 AND THEY TRANSFERED ME TO PCSO , WHO PUT ME ON HOLD AND THEN FORGOT ABOUT ME, STATING WE ARE SHORT STAFFED AND OUR SUPERVISOR IS OUT OF THE ROOM ? I HAVE HEARD OF OTHER HORROR STORIES FROM DEPUTIES THAT TRY TO CALL IN INFO OR GET INFO AND ARE LEFT HABGING FOREVER - JUST ANOTHER REASON TO BOOT WHITE OUT PN ELECTION DAY.

06-15-2007, 01:12 AM
You are right. The Communications section has never been a priority. The valuable employees there are treated horribly.

Even deputies are placed on hold and forgotten.

Please tell all your friends and neighbors, we need a new Sheriff!!!!!

06-15-2007, 04:19 PM
FOR YOUR INFO, ASK ANY DEPUTY WHO RESPONDS TO A HIGH PRIORITY CALL, HALF THE TIME ESPECIALLY DOMESTIC CALLS, (THE MOST DANGEROUS) THEY SEND US THERE ALONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO ONE AVAILABLE. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT, STOP WORRYING ABOUT GETTING THE SCREEN CLEARED AND TAKE SOMEONE OFF A LOW PRIORITY TO BACK US UP. ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOME DEPUTY GETS HURT OR KILLED BECAUSE THERE WAS NO ONE AVAILABLE TO BACK HIM/HER UP. THEY ARE THE LIFE LINE TO ALL DEPUTIES ON THE ROAD FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW.

06-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Yeah guess what, when the deputies are sitting on hold as well we are burning through our own minutes. Sheriff White does not provide the average deputy a cell phone to do our job. We get a ton of calls that require us to make phone contact, or to enter something or someone into FCIC. Sure I could drive to the district or to a call box that may or may not work but then thats 15 to 20 minutes of drive time while I have dispactch and a supervisor asking when I will be done because there is a illegal parking or equally non important call holding.

I guess Sheriff White expects us to freely give money back to the county as part of doing our job. I personally know several deputies that routinely burn through a 1000 minutes a month doing their job for the citizens of this county.

06-16-2007, 12:57 AM
I agree that guys use alot of minutes on cells phones, SO STOP.... You guys on the road will NEVER get phones becuase you all use your own. IF EVERYONE drove to a 7-11 or substation EVERYTIME they needed to make a call, then that might wake them up. BUT as long as guys keep using their own phones there will be no need for them to issue us one.

fldeputy
06-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Hard to do when we have to ask for permission from dispatch to eat, call-in reports, and get our 1017's done.....since there are calls holding.....so do our phone messages I guess....

06-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Look around at the agency and compare the percentage of civilian to certified Law Enforcement positions we have. While the number of deputies per 1000 citizen keeps declining, the number of civilian to law enforcement employees keeps increasing.

The administration's fuzzy math is no match for reality and they have absolute confidence in the stupidity of the voters to put them back in charge next year. I have a roster from a couple years ago and we heve exactly the same number of deputies on the west side as we had on that old roster.

Where did the positions the county gave us last year go? I want to know! I dont think the county commission should allow any new civilian positions in the sheriff's budget until there is a method in place to ensure he fills the certified positions first.