PDA

View Full Version : RONNIEMAC'S BAR-B-Q

06-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Ex-deputy pleads no contest
Kris Wernowsky
kwernowsky@pnj.com
A former Escambia County deputy pleaded no contest today to destroying a videotape of an altercation where a Pensacola man alleged police used excessive force.

Assistant State Attorney John Molchan also said that without that tape, there isn’t enough evidence to prove that former deputy James Sullivan struck Jeremy Mann in the head with a flashlight while other deputies had Mann on the ground.

Deputy Scott Dixon gave Sullivan a videotape from his squad-car video that might have shown everything that happened in the Dec. 29, 2004 altercation.

Sullivan later destroyed the tape on a barbecue grill.

Sullivan resigned in March 2005 before the completion of an Internal Affairs investigation was complete. Dixon also resigned.

Sullivan was acquitted in April of charges that he stomped a handcuffed Timotny Tabor on Feb. 5, 2005 and struck him in the head with a flashlight.

06-14-2007, 06:32 AM
I want one of the ECSO management blogwatchers to tell me how Ronniemac gets away with not prosecuting Sullivan after his own IA found him to have committed at least three felonies? If not for a civil attorney who unearthed the IA, Sullivan would have never been charged. Isn't it a felony to coverup a felony? WELL ISN'T IT? This county is corrupt and way off track. It's profoundly amoral to tolerate these perpetual behaviors. If you want the link just ask for it MOD and I'll put it up. The IA tells a horrible tale. The inaction of the sheriff is a far worse reality that we have totally overlooked.

MOD 353
06-14-2007, 11:02 PM
No need for a link on something like this. Proof is usually required when you are making an allegation that something occured and you are using specific names. If you are NOT (I am referring to everyone) a registered user here then none of the posts are protected from being deleted regardless of what the message is.