PDA

View Full Version : PBA vs FOP facts in here

06-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Guys there is no reason u should leave the Fop to go with Pba. If u think Fop is political, wait till u see the Pba!

There was $850,000 that went unaccounted for last year
Contract was submitted before the member meeting, we had no say
word is we are keeping the 3% raise (CRAP)

There is many more things. Look under BSO on this site and look at the thread title "Whats the deal with IUPA" good info.

Good luck to you guys, hopefully change is comming soon like with us :D

06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
IUPA is BAD.
I am a former member and could tell you stories..... We are fine right where we are with the fop

06-15-2007, 08:34 AM
yes, if you think things are bad with fop, then you definately do not want to deal with iupa. as a former board member with my former pd, iupa has only one staff attorney on retainer and that attorney is responsible for every lodge and contract negotiations from north miami to jupiter. so if you think your representation is poor now....
iupa is one of the main reasons i resigned from my former pd. they promised the world to win the perc hearing and then couldnt deliver. the contract that we presented to the council was not even close to the contract that iupa got ratified. iupa may be a strong union in virgina, where they are based, but they have no clue what they are doing in florida. let alone the attorneys they retain to "represent" the members.

06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
You guys can show pros & cons all day - as for me I am a member of both PBA & FOP ... nuff said.. BSO - go back to your site... I am Davie PD and am member of both for a reason.... do your homework and you'll know why.. and no and of you pot stirrers out there, it's not because I'm in trouble either...