PDA

View Full Version : Times report re: Mulieris

06-13-2007, 02:54 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2007/06/13/Pasco/Mulieris_in_tiff_with.shtml

Good job by the deputies

06-14-2007, 01:05 AM
After reading the article in the St. Petersburg Times, it would appear that the deputies involved in this incident were doing exactly what they were supposed to be doing. They explained very clearly what they could and could not do regarding evictions.

I realize that Commissioner Mulieri was acting not as a commisioner but a private citizen with what she observed to be a violation of the law. It did amaze me though, that if you are a landlord and especially if you supposedly know everything about the county ordinances and state statutes as she always professes, she and her husband should have known what the eviction proceedings were, before going to confront someone.

I could not help but wonder where the "DOG" was for the leash she had in her hand as none was mentioned. Do the citizens of this county actually believe she was talking to a "DOG LEASH" as being useless, since she was just told by a deputy that the tenants could not be evicted at that time?

She must think that the all the citizenry are idiots and useless as well!

As for her husband, he needed to put a sock in it. No matter what anyone thinks right now Commissioner Mulieri's vote and hatchet job on the Sheriff's budget is going to be scrutinized very closely. If she thinks the public is going to believe that she will not allow her husband's tirade to affect her, they are very wrong. If Jimmy Carter could talk with his daughter Amy about Nuclear Weapons, don't you think Ms. Mulieri talks with her husband about her work? No sunshine laws broken there...he's not on the commission!!!!

Ms. Mulieri should realize that all police reports are public record and especially when a public figure is involved with the rhetoric that was spewed from her mouth and her husband's...it's going to be reported and printed.

The public needs to know, that there already is a preconceived vote on the Sheriff's budget. It does not make a difference if I am a deputy or not, my thought process is that Bob White is not going to get a fair shake from this commission. Two road deputies and a Sergeant needed to intercede in this rediculous situation which was civil in nature, not criminal. Do you folks realize that three (3) deputies were tied up on an incident that should have taken less that 20 minutes to explain to someone. That someone of course had to listen instead of rant and rave.

Although Ms. Mulieri was a citizen at the time of this incident, she still is one of the County Commissioners and should have acted that way. She should have told her husband to stop talking and walk away.

Just to let you know, I am Pasco County Sheriff's Deputy in addition to being a citizen of this county. I cannot allow myself the luxury of being out of control, because the newspapers will write about it, right or wrong, and people will see a deputy out of control!!

It would be professional for Commissioner Mulieri to recuse herself from any negotiations regarding the Sheriff's forthcoming budget.

Good night everyone!!! Be Safe.

06-14-2007, 01:20 AM
I can appreciate your opinion. Now let me ask you this;

As a road deputy, I am sure you are familiar with the ways people react when you tell them something they do not necessarily want to hear. Whether it is a parent with a juvenile problem that does not rise to a criminal level, a neighbor dispute where one party wants the other party arrested, or a traffic violation report where you do not see the violation, but the complainant wants someone cited, there are just some peopel who will not be happy with our response.

Now, on how many of those calls do you take the time to write a report when the person tells you that you have made them angry, or they are rude? Even more so, on how many occasions do you write a five page report, detailing every comment you think you heard?

I realize that this incident was blown way out of proportion by Mrs. Mulieri, and she later cooled down and realized she was wrong.

Do you think she would have gotten different treatment had she called BW? Of course not. What does he know about landlord tenant laws, or any laws for that matter?

Here is my opinion: Mulieri was upset and not pleased with the action taken by a deputy. The deputy and his supervisor handled the situation, but chose to thoroughly document her comments in a police report that is public record. And Kevin Doll released it to create a stink an get the media on Mulieri.

I sure hope Rusty takes this kind of action when he handles ALL of his calls.

P.S.------Why did he get demoted?

fldeputy
06-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Guest13579,
You hit the nail squarely on the head. I just hope and pray that T. Lake is taking notes on this one when the budget comes around. It appears that this woman was attempting (as was her meddling husband) to influence the actions of a public official using the leverage of her office. I'm fairly certain theres even a criminal statute for this type of activity....Black's Law Dictionary covers it quite well.

At any rate, Mr. Lake might want to focus his next few stories on the budget proceedings to see whether having this commissioner on the board is a slight conflict of interest.......hmmm.

I like where I work and the men and women I work with and for and I don't appreciate my colleagues being called "useless" when they are doing their jobs correctly. I was a landlord for 14 yrs....and think the prudent landlord would research landlord / tenant law prior to ever taking on the first tenant...but that's just me.

Everyone please be safe out there.....some of them are out to get us.

06-14-2007, 02:12 AM
To answer your question if I document when situations get out of hand, whether it be someone that is well known or someone who I believe is going to make trouble later on...I always will do that to protect myself and the agency. I'm sure you have come across siutaions where if you just had documented something, the situation would have come to a close sooner rather than later.

I did not know who wrote the report or how long it was. I don't know Rusty that well, but I know if I were in the same situation, I would be documenting everything said to me, because the comments mentioned were inflammatory and unreasonable.

Let me ask you this? Do you think that Commissioner Mulieri would have apologized and indicated that she was wrong if not for the newspaper article? If nothing was doumented it would have been her word against the deputy's. There could have been five deputies there, but if no doumentation was initiated, then she would have had the last word.

Be safe, have a good shift.