PDA

View Full Version : Payraise

06-13-2007, 03:32 AM
Well, word on the street is the Chief got the shaft as we all expected from the University. It is up to us now to make a stand. He has done all he can do (thanks for the hard effort chief, we know you fought hard for us). We must unite, and not sign the contract unless it it exactly what we want....and we all know what that is!!!!

We can not stand by and let the University decide what we should recieve. It is time for us to demand what we need. It is our safety that is on the line.

Genshaft made a promise to us....and we need to make sure she keeps it !!!

06-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Unbelievable.......as much crap as everyone talks on here about each other and how they hate the department, yet 41 people have viewed this post and no one has any response to the comment about joining forces and fighting for what we deserve.

You know you can not have it both ways, ***** and ***** and then expect to recieve want you want as well. Also if your not a PBA member you should keep your mouth shut....not a peep out of you!!!

Last point....we better see everyone at the PBA meeting on June 19th. This is our last chance to get what we want.....support the cause.

06-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Maybe everyone is starting to realize its a hopeless cause. Year after year its the same bullchip. Empty promises. PBA can't do anything to make the University give us raises. Why should we expect anything different this time?

06-15-2007, 12:41 AM
This Department is so fragmented, alot of people have their own agenda here, there is no unity in any way.

This place is a stop off until another agency calls. We'll never get anything

06-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Your right we should just sit back and not try at all. Nice Plan. With the lack of comments or support this post has gotten I am embarrased to say i work with you people.

My Arse is hurting....guess I'll do light duty.

06-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I love how all the people who make over 40k a year ***** on this board about us lower paid people. It must me nice to make 50-60k a year and HIDE behind your desk. Save your speach on when back in the day you responded to calls on your horse and buggy, we are a 21st era police force, and YES, all you have to do is walk across the street and you'll make 5 grand more. Take your 8-5 M-F job and BE QUIET.

06-16-2007, 03:55 PM
First of all you spell "speach" like this "speech", so get and education. Second, just because I want to rally support for us to finally be taken care of means I am an old timer ....please get your facts straight.

I agree though...you should cross the street for the extra 5 grand.....cya

Dont forget all....PBA meeting June 19th

06-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Correction on my part....supposed to be "get an education" not "and education".....tks

06-16-2007, 11:59 PM
What it boils down to, is the Chief tried hard to get us pay raises, and I believe he did. Campus Security just isn't a priority (beyond campus police patrol). The Va Tech shootings as tragic as ithey were...,was a wake up call to campus securtiy, that has seemed to go unheeded.

Sure City PD's and the County SO's have a higher homicide rate at the end of the year, but it's the campus setting, whether it be high school or college, that will take the hit of a stressed out, unstable student that will go on a shooting spree. It may not happen at USF, and I hope it doesn't, but it will happen again somewhere. It has happened in the past many times and it will happen again in the future. If it happens here, the USF Admin will wish they would have taken measures to prevent it. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

06-17-2007, 03:55 AM
Well said !!

06-20-2007, 01:55 AM
At least tampa campus has a chief that cares about his troops, maybe even your chief talks to and acknowledges them