PDA

View Full Version : Dots in District 7

06-09-2007, 06:09 AM
I had the opportunity today to work in District 7 during the day shift. At a little after 8am, I listened to a D7 DS request another car so he could arrest two males for an open container at a bus stop. His back up requested he switch to 10-91. When there he just advised he would be five minutes and that "they are going no where". The first DS acknowledged he would wait. After they stopped talking, a voice came across not identifying himself and uttered, "You're on fire". The first DS replied, "Thanks Captain". I was totally amazed that a Captain would violate radio procedures but more so encourage this type of arrest. I checked into this and was told the Captain was the commander of District 7 and that he wants all his DS to have a dot in every line on their monthies for STRIKE purposes. He was extremely impressed at this particular DS because he has wrote a lot of county ordinace violations and traffic citations. I thought District 7 had some crime down there but I guess it is not that much that the commander can require all his people to do this, and then not be professional in his radio demeanor. This is totally appalling to those districts and deputies that actually work.

06-09-2007, 07:29 AM
I had the opportunity today to work in District 7 during the day shift. At a little after 8am, I listened to a D7 DS request another car so he could arrest two males for an open container at a bus stop. His back up requested he switch to 10-91. When there he just advised he would be five minutes and that "they are going no where". The first DS acknowledged he would wait. After they stopped talking, a voice came across not identifying himself and uttered, "You're on fire". The first DS replied, "Thanks Captain". I was totally amazed that a Captain would violate radio procedures but more so encourage this type of arrest. I checked into this and was told the Captain was the commander of District 7 and that he wants all his DS to have a dot in every line on their monthies for STRIKE purposes. He was extremely impressed at this particular DS because he has wrote a lot of county ordinace violations and traffic citations. I thought District 7 had some crime down there but I guess it is not that much that the commander can require all his people to do this, and then not be professional in his radio demeanor. This is totally appalling to those districts and deputies that actually work.

You know what if you think a little outside the box and realize that the deputies are at least doing something, rather than sitting in there cars. That making contacts and arrests is a good thing. Anyone drinking a beer at 8 AM is probably up to no good at a latter time anyway.

06-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I got out of District 7 as fast as I could. You have no idea of the many hairbrained ideas floating down there to appease Strike. I think I know this Deputy you speak of and he is a do boy anyhow. Afraid to make contact by himself and always doing the **** arrests instead of doing real arrests after investigation.

06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
How many Deputies does it take to work a simple two car wreck? In District 7, it takes four. And they have to block two of three lanes in the street. I think the collission was caused by someone looking at a snipe sign. You guys better pick them up better or your sergeants will have all of them dumped in the office again by the beloved captain. Then the sergeants will be really mad. They might not allow someone to go home early. The captain and lieutenant will again review your PCs and collect them up and tear them up effectively eliminating your arrests. You guys better wise up now!!!!!!