PDA

View Full Version : Dept of Agriculture

06-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Hey guys was wondering if anyone has any info/advice on the Dept of Agriculture LEO's. I'm a deputy now for Santa Rosa and have a interview w/ the agriculture cops. Just wondering if it would be worth the move.

thanks

matercop
06-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Take all things into consideration. Take home, over time, off duty, cause you ain't gonna get it with Ag. The west Florida Station has a very high turn over, rumor has it they lie to Officers to get them to take the job, only later do they find out different. If you are happy where you are stay there. There are alot of Ag Officers looking else where if that means anything to you.

06-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Dont let "matercop" discourage you, this a good place to work, I have been here 7 years and have seen lots of good changes because of the place getting straightened out. There is plenty of overtime if you want to work. This is a lot better place then the sheriffs office I came from.

The current brass have taken us a long way from when I got here..

06-14-2007, 02:11 AM
I agree with cabbage, This agency yes has its quirks, but it still is a good place to work. We just got accredited and this could be a good thing and a bad thing sometimes. Just go ahead and interview with Ag and it wont hurt you to say yes or no!! Depending on what area you work in there is some pretty good off-duty stuff out there.

06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
I never said it was not a good place to work, but look at the turn over rate, how many Officers is the 95 area down? Why the turn over rate? This is the only area getting overtime right now due to the shortage, this is also the only area I am aware of with any off duty available. There have been alot of changes some for the good some for the bad, alot of Officers morale is in the dumps right now because they feel some of the brass do not care about the Officers. It all depends on what you are looking for in a job, it is alot different then a S.O. I am not going to sugar coat it, facts are facts.

06-26-2007, 05:34 AM
I was a tomato trooper over 10 years ago. I hated it, hated it, hated it!!! I'm with an SO now and love it!!! I worked on I-95 - hopefully things have gotten better. I couldn't imagine going from being a deputy to working for Ag. It's a totally different breed of cat.