PDA

View Full Version : Problems with permits this morning??

06-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Anyone else have a problem signing on to the open details this morning? I was on right before 8 am and when I refreshed it at 8 it started freezing up and I couldnt get it to go until after 9. I also got an error message.. Now that I am on everything is gone I see so mine must have been the only one.

06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Yes. I had problems too.

06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
and I also noticed the same people hit the lotto again.....something has to be screwed up with that system that the same people keep getting picked again and again. I got picked 2x since it started and then never again. Since the beginning of the year I have seen people get picked almost every single month...>??!!

fldeputydog
06-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I had the same problem this morning. Isn't it interesting that alot of the same people are winning every month? Call permits and they will tell you that it is random. Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be more Sgt.'s and LT.'s getting picked. Guess their pay isn't enough for them.

06-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I had the same problem this morning. Isn't it interesting that alot of the same people are winning every month? Call permits and they will tell you that it is random. Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be more Sgt.'s and LT.'s getting picked. Guess their pay isn't enough for them.

How about the same Sgt. and Lt. getting picked...like the ones that run the permit office. It's funny everyone says that there is a PBA rep. present when they do the picks but does anyone know who the PBA rep. is????? I sure don't.

I've tracked it.....that certain Lt. has won the lottery everytime but twice. Where most deputies have only won once or twice since the beginning.

Weird??

06-09-2007, 01:26 PM
VERY WIERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Heres a story for ya....About 15 years ago, while a bunch of us were waiting for the old style permit lotto system to begin.....The Permits office staff came in and informed us that because so many people were signing up for permits, and we didnt have that many to go around, our pick were being reduced from 5 to 3. Well we all grumbled and as i looked around the room, i noticed about 12 or so Corrections people there...They wore different collar brass from us back then.....So I piped up and started to raise a little hell and said, lets make Corrections wait until Patrol has had their chance to pick first, especially since we can go work THEIR overtive hours. The room exploded in cheers and applause....The Corrections people walked out for the most part. Then i felt a hand on my shoulder and it was Sheriff Willie....(yea i about filled my pants)....he said, Ya know, you are right" and walked out also.

The moral of the story boys and girls is this. Let the Slick sleeve Deputies get first pick....then the rest can have a pice if any is left. And if none is left, sucks to be a boss i guess.

06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Also whatever happen to getting off probation before working permits?

06-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Also whatever happen to getting off probation before working permits?

I agree

06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I have never won, and the same Lt. wins every month. Go figure, I think he is present when the lottery occurs. Are these lotteries supervised, fixed, televised, etc, maybe i should become a PBA rep, or maybe one day when Im a Lt. ill win every month !

Just not fair, something has to be DONE.

06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
You guys have brought up some excellent points. No one on probation should be allowed to sign up for extra duty permits. No reserve DS or Corrections DS should be allowed either. Sergeants and above should only be allowed to sign up if there are no DS interested or it is a last minute thing. This should be submitted as a suggestion to the Bright Ideas at Media relations. It should also be brought up to the PBA to be re-nego in the October meeting with the Sheriff. Sergeants and above make good money. Deputies need to have first preference. Great suggestion!!

06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
why don't the permit office allow a regular d/s sit in on the lottery.
i believe the lottery is set up like the basketball lottery. LT. R. and SGT. G have more lottery balls then regular d/s's. thats why both keep getting (lucky?). and when and why did they bump the percentage from 25% to 35% winners.

06-12-2007, 03:30 PM
:D night grunt is right.
if you win one month you should not be allowed to win the next month

06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
From the Permits Office....Any Deputy who wants to view the lottery can come to the permits office anytime and view the process...the structure was set up by the PBA & the Sheriff's Office... As of now the computer does all the picking of names by random selection. All that is done is we put the mouse on the word PICK and click. The computer displays the names immediately...As for the percentages rising from 25% to 35% the PBA wanted it done so more Deputies would WIN the lottery from the total submitted names...on an avg. 425 Deputies are entering the lottery out of a total of approx. 1000 that have accounts to sign-up for permits... Lt. R only signs up on an avg. of 24hrs per month. He is in his last five years and you would wish you had the same opportunity in your last five years, because your retirement is based on those last five years salary.

06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
The Supervisors in Permits are approachable and open minded. If anyone out there thinks they have a better or fairer way of running the process please come in and see how the computer works and offer constructive suggestions. We work hand in hand with the PBA in an attempt to get as many details for all Deputies and keep those details happy. No one knows what the permits supervisors go through on a daily basis in a attempt to keep the client and deputies satisfied. We are smart enough to know that it is impossible to make every single person happy but we try our best.

06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Your office does do a good job. Keep up the good work but we need to talk up details so there are more out there used to be able to go on any time and get one now since we have more people we need to raise the amount of details get the word out to deputies to talk up the positves of having a detail to business and community groups.

fldeputydog
06-13-2007, 11:06 PM
From the Permits Office....Any Deputy who wants to view the lottery can come to the permits office anytime and view the process...

I requested this in the past and was told I could not. Has this changed? News to me.

06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
You can come in at any time and we will show you how the whole system works. The lottery for August should be around the second week in July after the 4th of July weekend. You are welcome to come in and we will show you how to conduct the picks. You can see exactly how the computer does it. Every lottery for the past 6 months is on this new system. You can see exactly how the computer conducted a random pick of names. We conducted a survey of all the lotteries on this new system. We will post the results soon but we know that two deputies have won the new lottery 5 out of the 6 times and neither one of these were Lt. R or Sgt. G. No one has won all 6 times.

06-15-2007, 04:16 AM
I agree to keeping the D/S's on probation off the lottery until they are off probation. The LT's and the Sgt's should not be allowed until after all the D/S's have picked. Also, if you won ie the month of June then you sit out the month of July's lottery. They have ways of locking people out then it's possible to do this. Anyone disagree? [/quote]

06-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Sergeants and above should not be allowed to sign up period. They make enough money. Permits should be for DS only. If anything is left over Sergeants and above can have the opportunity.

Better yet, eliminate all permits. Let FHP and Wackenhut work them all. That wat all the whiners will have to groan about something else.

06-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Sergeants and above should not be allowed to sign up period. They make enough money. Permits should be for DS only. If anything is left over Sergeants and above can have the opportunity.

Better yet, eliminate all permits. Let FHP and Wackenhut work them all. That wat all the whiners will have to groan about something else.

Go back to your own board Trooper. FHP screwed up on 3 permits that we took from them. FHP needs to stick to the Highway and wachenhut is joke.