PDA

View Full Version : Hiring question

06-08-2007, 02:06 AM
How long does it take to get hired once you put in a application

06-08-2007, 03:47 PM
About 3-6 months. We have positions open and need to fill them asap so it may be quicker. If you are sure you want to work in this environment apply fast!

06-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I would love to work at the University. I'm medically retired from a non-Florida police department. I need to know if I can still work for this agency?

06-08-2007, 04:27 PM
So you want to double dip. I have seen you on other message boards. GO AWAY. If you have a medical problem that prevented you from being at one agency, why in gods name would we want to hire you?

06-09-2007, 12:59 PM
NO, NO. NO, I can not go away!!!!

06-09-2007, 01:01 PM
NO, NO. NO, I can not go away!!!!

06-10-2007, 04:53 AM
I think the airport police are hiring. We do not want broken down leftovers with medical problems.

06-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm truly sorry that people think like that. I also hope that the people who do think like that, never have to endure the pain that I had to deal with. OH, and sometimes leftovers can be the best treat to eat!!!! 8) .
OH, and sometimes things that are broken down can be fixed again.

06-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Go ahead and apply. We could use a senior officer with experience. Please excuse that post from "Jerk182". He or she is obviously immature and doesn't have anything intelligent to post.

06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I think the airport police are hiring. We do not want broken down leftovers with medical problems.

Uh, have you seen some of the shit the Airport Police get into? Trust me, there is more crime over there than here. They have had 2 police shootings in the last five years, alot for a specialty police department.

This guy needs to look at joining the VA police if you ask me!

06-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Police action shootings happen in rural departments, lower keyed police departments, and urban police departments,...it can happen anywhere. Cops from NY have a srong union, they can get a medical retrirement over a hurt trigger finger..., and they retire to other places still able to work, especially Florida, historically. Unions are good and bad. Retirees bring a lot of experience, but less enthusiasm. When you have a department full of either one, you will have an unbalanced department.

06-11-2007, 12:02 AM
What it boils down to, is that the agencies like Usf and the Airport hire young, gung ho graduates from the academy, that took that job, but soon found out that they were not getting the same action as their friends that were hired by TPD or HCSO, or the pay raises.

They get disillousioned after the first year, and find out that the pay raises aren't the same as their friends that got hired by TPD or HCSO get. They get pissed off and start posting on here and look for other jobs, it's a cycle.

06-11-2007, 01:51 AM
I appreciate the positive input. I love young people and the academic type setting. I have had enough horror, over the course of a 15 year police career for "TEN" people. So, if my remaining days can be spent caring for college kids, I would just be "overjoyed". I guess I can say that I seen my "action" and had my fill of shear terror. I think that I would be a "shoe in", due to my very laid back approach and patient personality.
I'm in the process of transferring my police certifications, so as to complete the EOT program and take the police certifications test. Any further input would be appreciated.

06-11-2007, 03:43 AM
It is a great place to work if you understand what it is before you get here. It is slower paced with the availability of proactive work for those who want it. The chief is great, except his hard work looks like for not with the pay plan he proposed. As usual we have been tossed aside by the USF administration. All in all, it is a good department with some great people.

06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey Serpico

I think name change is advised.....

Although a "cool" movie there was a little bit more that the book and the movie did'nt talk about.

Just a sugestion :wink:

06-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Ill keep it...but thanks for the advice.

06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Did you hire anyone from the most recent applicant process? Also how many can you hire at a time being short staffed? How many FTO's do you have?

06-23-2007, 11:14 PM
I applied apporximately a month a ago. I have not heard a thing. 20 years as a police officer. You would think I would have heard something. I have been through the interview.

06-23-2007, 11:34 PM
It takes a little while give it time. Call in a few weeks if you don't hear anything.