PDA

View Full Version : casey and tom

06-08-2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.wgpd.com/community-newofficer.php

06-08-2007, 03:56 AM
Appears they have a maximum hiring height of 5'06" :lol:

Best of luck to them though, they were good officers here.

06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Best of luck to them though, they were good officers here.

Yeah, we're going to miss Tom.

06-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I like how the dirty cac in front of Casey has a NExtel phone hanging from his magazine holder and a pager clipped to his lapel.

06-09-2007, 08:58 PM
looks like a bunch of feminine dudes from orlando's
parliament house

WG165
06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Glad to see you guys are keeping up to date on your favorite former comrades. I appreciate the post and the kind words. I will pass them on to Casey when I see him.

That pic was taken after our "Swearing-in ceremony" at a council meeting about 6 or 7 weeks ago. It's a big deal here. The Chief reads your bio. and introduces you to everyone. Big turnout. about 200-250 people were there.

Things are going well up here. Casey and I got released from FTO right around the time we took that pic. They cut us loose after 5 1/2 weeks. No problems so far. Just got our take-homes last week. I actually got a decent one,... '04 w/ 14,000 mi. Used to be a Sgt's car.

Still read the Davie post all the time. Like to stay in touch. Although things are going well her and they are taking real good care of us, still miss da boyz sometimes. Peace!

By the way, the little guy (not Casey) with the pager and cell phone got axed 2 days ago. Didn't make FTO.

06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
really good to hear your doing well....ohh and send the guy who got fired to us probably make a great supervisor here

06-16-2007, 09:04 PM
To WG165,

Can you please explain the hours and days off you have ? Word is that Town Hall is trying to get us to work 12 hour shifts. How do you guys like it compared to what you had before?

06-16-2007, 10:00 PM
THEY WORK 12S BUT THEY HAVE DIFF SHIFTS NOT TERRIBLE HOURS LIKE 6-6 7-7 WE CANT WORK THOSE BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO LIFE

06-17-2007, 12:08 AM
To: Teddy P

We work 12 hour shifts up here. 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am. There are only 4 shifts/squads. Days 1, Days 2, Nights 1, and Nights 2. Here's how the rotation goes.

A 2 week schedule looks like this.....

Work: Mon, Tues.
Off: Wed, Thurs.
Work: Fri, Sat, Sun.

Then.......

Off: Mon, Tues.
Work: Wed, Thurs.
Off: Fri, Sat, Sun.

Each week you have the opposite days off that you worked the week prior. "Day 1" works the days "Day 2" is off and vice versa. Same for "Night 1" and "Night 2."

We don't get paid based on a 40 hr work week. We get paid based on a 84 hr pay period (2 weeks). There's 4 hrs overtime built in every paycheck. That's just the way it adds up with the 12's.

I like it because you get every other Fri, Sat, Sun off. Also at the end of the month you end up having worked 15 days and had 15 days off. It took some time getting used too. 12 hrs is a long shift. But now I'm used to it now. There are only two times a month when you work 3 days in a row. I feel like I'm off all the time.

I loved the 10's at Davie. It was nice that every weekend was a three day weekend. The only thing was that my weekend was Wed/Thurs/Friday. I was there three years and probably would have had to wait a few more to get a shot at part of the weekend.

The only drawback to the 12's is that there is no overlap on the shifts. You are literally 10-65'ing until you go 10-7. Up here it works well because the call volume is much much lower. It's rare that you'd get a call that keeps you late. Although it does happen once in a while.

I'm not sure it would work down there because the call volume is so much higher. Not unless you were able to implemet some kind of an overlap. I heard Orange County S.O. runs 12 1/2 hr shifts and they have an overlap but I don't know how it works. I know Seminole runs 12's and I think Coconut Creek does too. You might ask someone who works there.

In a nutshell:

Pros:
- Every other weekend off (Fri, Sat, Sun)
- 4 hrs OT built in every pay period.
- 15 days off a month
- Only work 3 days in a row twice a month.

Cons
- 12 hrs is a long shift
- No overlap
- 10-65 calls until you go 10-7

Hope this helps....

WG165
06-17-2007, 12:26 AM
To: Teddy P again,.......

Forgot to mention, I'm on days. 12's works really well for days. I would think that nights sucks because you're sleep pattern is changing every 2-3 days. But then, I'm not working nights, so I don't know. Then there's court and all the other BS that goes along with working mids. Something to think about.

WG165

06-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the quick response Tom.

WG165
06-17-2007, 11:38 AM
No problemo...