PDA

View Full Version : Police disabilty retiree

06-05-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm retired on a medical disabilty from a non-Florida police dept. I need to know if I can still work for your agency??

06-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Unfortunately, yes....We are currently hiring people with learning disabilities (i.e., cannot write using standard English), so I don't see why not. We have hired people i the past who had retired with disabilities from other departments (NYPD).... unfortunately, there seemed to be a veracity problem and sense of entitlement to leave not earned on the part of that person, who was terminated.

There are lots of state agencies in Florida that are desperately hiring. You shouldn't have a problem.

Good luck.

06-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Thank you and is the Florida EPA a law enforcement agency or is it a civilian title. What are the requirements for the epa job?

06-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Thank you and is the Florida EPA a law enforcement agency or is it a civilian title. What are the requirements for the epa job?

06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Yes you can come to work here, even with a pre-existing injury, work for a while, and say you were injured on the job, and take some time off...paid !!!

06-06-2007, 03:54 AM

The Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection is a huge agency. The division of law enforcement has 2 sworn bureaus. You must posess current Florida law enforcement certification to work in either of these bureaus. There are lots of civilian jobs, tho, Try the excellent People First website for more info,

06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
This person is on the Florida DEP page, yet asks about working for the Florida EPA. Sounds like a perfect candidate!!

06-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I see your point, and your right excellence is in the details. My apologies.