PDA

View Full Version : hearing test ?

shield693
06-05-2007, 02:14 AM
i have been on the job in new york for the past 10 years and applied to flpd last week, I already flew down and took the written, did the run and agility. my question is this. during the doctors physical are they leanient when it comes to the hearing booth, i have a hearing loss in the high decible levels of sound, my conversational and low levels of hearing are perfect. i never even knew i had the hearing loss until i was tested with my own department, but they said it was not an issue because it was just the really high pitched sounds. any info would be appreciated. thank you

06-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I took the test and was fine. Try calling HR or your BR investigator.

06-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I tell ya this, I took my physical and they didn't give a hearing test, just your basic natural and involantary responses to certain things and just want to check your lungs and what not. And of course they always have to add the "you can never eat right and exercise enough" shpiel. Good Luck!

06-05-2007, 05:34 PM
i have been on the job in new york for the past 10 years and applied to flpd last week, I already flew down and took the written, did the run and agility. my question is this. during the doctors physical are they leanient when it comes to the hearing booth, i have a hearing loss in the high decible levels of sound, my conversational and low levels of hearing are perfect. i never even knew i had the hearing loss until i was tested with my own department, but they said it was not an issue because it was just the really high pitched sounds. any info would be appreciated. thank you

DONT WORRY BUDDY. I PUT IN A GOOD WORD TO SHERIFF WALSH AND HE IS GOING TO HOOK YOU RIGHT UP. HE EVEN SAID HE WAS GOING TO BRING 1ST SGT. EARL WITH HIM TO FT. LAUD. AND THEY ARE GOING TO TELL FLPD WHAT AN OUTSTANDING DEPUTY SHERIFF YOU HAVE BEEN UP HERE. PLUS YOU KNOW ME THAT GETS YOU IN REGARDLESS. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BIG SPOON.

06-06-2007, 02:37 PM
The hearing test is a judgement call on the doctor's part. He determines whether or not your hearing ability will allow you to do theh job of police officer.

shield693
06-07-2007, 08:26 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the responses to my post, i was a little apprehensive about spending around a 1000 dollars to come down there for a week between the flight and hotel and rental, just to have them say i failed the hearing test,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, oh and little spoon, just wait till your b.i calls me.