PDA

View Full Version : Promotions

06-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey. Lets change the existing requirement to take a sergeants exam which had been in effect for the past 30 or so years so it could accommodate one individual, who I might add is not worthy of a promotion nor is he(?) worthy to be a toilet scrubber.

06-02-2007, 06:01 PM
C'mon, you dont think someone that teaches ethics at the academy would do such a thing do you? Its not like there are any qualified people in the department anyway.
There are two pba reps and a K-9 officer that would make damn good sergeants. But we'll see what happens... I dont think any of them were offered to take classes to score better on the sergeant test though.
Who knows. Maybe Georgie's Alibi is planning a promotion party.

06-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Let’s not forget about an upcoming arbitration hearing. This promotional testing may just all be a waste of time and money. From what I understand, it will be quite the hearing. :evil:

06-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Let’s not forget about an upcoming arbitration hearing. This promotional testing may just all be a waste of time and money. From what I understand, it will be quite the hearing. :evil:

I want to be in that room during the arbitration testimony to see some of these worms squirm.

06-03-2007, 11:49 PM
When you start to tailor an exam , change the eligibilty requirements to promote a certain person the credibility and integrity of the process is nil and void. Why doesn't your HR Dept stop this?

06-04-2007, 01:02 AM
When you start to tailor an exam , change the eligibilty requirements to promote a certain person the credibility and integrity of the process is nil and void. Why doesn't your HR Dept stop this?

Thats a laugh. :lol: They are in on it. :twisted: When it comes to the PD, there is no such thing as integrity or credibility

06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
All employees taking the promotional assessment center will need to shave their heads and walk in with a swagger in their step. :lol:

This way, their chosen child will not stand out. :cry:

06-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Castanza was here. Can't stand ya!

06-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey Jerry Macininy I know who you are... :lol: :lol: :P :P

06-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Hey MacIninny. Good times were had. Lots of DQ's after dinner. Ya man, portable TV in the park. And my all time favorite, the Starsky & Hutch slide over the hood of the moving signal 10. Delta 9, he rammed my patrol car.

06-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey MacIniny things became very dull after you left - the next chapter begins........ :lol: :lol: see you later my man....oops we cant say my man anymore....uh soorrryyy - I mean SEE YOU LATER MARRIED HETEROSEXUAL FRIEND....

06-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Gee, I remember when a previous administration changed the rules after a talkative sergeant was the only one to pass the test for the lieutenant/ assistant chief position. The person that was the desired person did not pass, so the rules were changed after the fact so she could win. One the second test she also passed and got the position. The place went down the toilet then. The talkative sergeant should have sued the place. He would have won. The written test had always been one total score. It was changed to be three separate scores after he was the only one that passed. It was changed back to one total score for the written half after the chosen one got her position. It bit that chief in the ... !

06-17-2007, 05:59 PM
As I recall the written test was eliminated from the promotional exams at the suggestion of a certain sgt. who had a hard time working nights.

06-17-2007, 06:07 PM
OFC
what are you trying to say? For the sake of argument lets say your right. Which time do you agree with changing the rules. It was not fair then but fair now. or the other way around. Or is it always fair? Im confused can you tell us what you mean?

06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Gee, I remember when a previous administration changed the rules after a talkative sergeant was the only one to pass the test for the lieutenant/ assistant chief position. The person that was the desired person did not pass, so the rules were changed after the fact so she could win. One the second test she also passed and got the position. The place went down the toilet then. The talkative sergeant should have sued the place. He would have won. The written test had always been one total score. It was changed to be three separate scores after he was the only one that passed. It was changed back to one total score for the written half after the chosen one got her position. It bit that chief in the ... !
Sounds like a man scorned to me. You've got your facts wrong again John. ANYONE would have been the desired person over you bonehead. As a matter of fact she's not the one admin wanted but that's all there was. AND you should be thankful because if it wasn't for her you would have been fired a long time before your deadbeat ass left. Face the fact that you werent qualified and were generally considered an idiot.

06-17-2007, 10:22 PM
OFC
what are you trying to say? For the sake of argument lets say your right. Which time do you agree with changing the rules. It was not fair then but fair now. or the other way around. Or is it always fair? Im confused can you tell us what you mean?

It is never right to change the rules before, during, or after the testing. It happens to be more wrong when one person happens to be the only one to pass the promotional test and the rules are changed so the other candidate can be picked. God bless "the rule of three". He should have sued the city. He would have won. I would have stood up in court with the guy even if I did not like him.

06-17-2007, 11:18 PM
OFC

It is never right to change the rules before, during, or after the testing. It happens to be more wrong when one person happens to be the only one to pass the promotional test and the rules are changed so the other candidate can be picked. God bless "the rule of three". He should have sued the city. He would have won. I would have stood up in court with the guy even if I did not like him.
His firing would have stood up in court too. And he finally admitted it.

06-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a man scorned to me. You've got your facts wrong again John. ANYONE would have been the desired person over you bonehead. As a matter of fact she's not the one admin wanted but that's all there was. AND you should be thankful because if it wasn't for her you would have been fired a long time before your deadbeat arse left. Face the fact that you werent qualified and were generally considered an idiot.

Hey Questioner. Seems like you know more about WMPD than you want us to think especially after your post in the BSO forum:

"What's the story with the fired wilton manors chief being hired as a commander in special problems?

If you know WMPD good enough to supply the history of previous promotional testing, then you were very much aware that the previous chief retired and was not fired. Sounds to me as though you are jealous. With that being said, I did enjoy the post you wrote about WMPD. Have a great day.

06-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Sounds like a man scorned to me. You've got your facts wrong again John. ANYONE would have been the desired person over you bonehead. As a matter of fact she's not the one admin wanted but that's all there was. AND you should be thankful because if it wasn't for her you would have been fired a long time before your deadbeat arse left. Face the fact that you werent qualified and were generally considered an idiot.

John did not write this. It is someone else that is in the know. Guess who?

06-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I give up!!!Who???

07-07-2007, 01:10 PM
So has there been the sergeants test over there yet???? How did that special person do????? I still can not believe they changed the rules for one person. Oh well, police work is full of politics.

07-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Well curious, the test is next month and for whatever reason the chosen one decided to take his name out of the running. It was a surprise to most of us but he must have something up his sleeve on his skirt. Maybe the new administration decided for him to skip SGT and try the LT position. Nothing surprises me anymore.

07-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Waaa Waaa :cry: :cry: :cry:
Nobody likes me :cry: :cry:
I wonder if is because I am a RAT :evil: :evil:
I'll show them. I will withdraw from the promotional test. That will show them :!: :!: :!:

07-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Well if the Kojack wannabee withdrew it shows that he or she does not have what it takes to be a leader. Take the test, be evaluated against the others, and see how you are judged by your peers. If not, just take an appointed or created position and be a do boy for the rest of your career with the flpd slug as chief.Or why don't you transfer to HR?You deserve each other.

07-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Well curious, the test is next month and for whatever reason the chosen one decided to take his name out of the running. It was a surprise to most of us but he must have something up his sleeve on his skirt. Maybe the new administration decided for him to skip SGT and try the LT position. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Maybe he was told he couldn't take his black and white composition book into the test/accessment center to rat on the entire dept.... "Golden Boy" doesnt even begin to describe it!!!!

07-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Well if the Kojack wannabee withdrew it shows that he or she does not have what it takes to be a leader. Take the test, be evaluated against the others, and see how you are judged by your peers. If not, just take an appointed or created position and be a do boy for the rest of your career with the flpd slug as chief.Or why don't you transfer to HR?You deserve each other.

NEWS FLASH.............NEWS FLASH......................... :!: :!: :!: :!:

His name is officially removed from the sergeants test. His new goal is to fill the newly formed Administrative Officers position AKA Sgt. C's DO BOY :shock: :shock: If he works hard, look at the reward. Just ask a certain non-sworn ex-subordinate of the sarge. They really got close working those late nights away from the PD :wink: :wink: