PDA

View Full Version : Information on APD

06-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I am currently working for a smaller agency in the metro Atlanta area. I'm thinking about applying with APD as a lateral. A lot of co workers say "you don't want to go to APD". I think they are basing it strictly off the heavy call volume which I don't mind at all.

Are there any APD officers out there who can tell me a little bit about this agency.

Does the administration stand behind the officers?

Would you recommend APD as a place for another officer to apply?

08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
im currently a po in florida and i am looking to relocate to georgia. are there any decent police dpearttments to work for with a good salary? is it worth the move?

09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
For the most part, GA is running behind with law enforcement salaries and retirement compared to Florida. If you just want to move to GA for whatever reason, I would suggest looking at Sandy Springs PD, or Milton PD. Both cities are new and offer decent salaries from what I hear. Another one that may not be a bad option from what others say, Cobb County Police Department.

If you are trying to come to Georgia, also consider the departments that pay the best are in the metro Atlanta area.

09-14-2007, 06:02 AM
Any info on Gwinnette County Police. Im am Fla. PO and applying there.

09-24-2007, 07:48 PM
I spoke to Gwinnett County PD and I felt like their retirement was pretty bad off. According to the person I spoke to, they don't offer a pension plan, only a 401K that the county does not contribute to. They are working 9 hours shifts, 6 days on and 3 days off. If you live in the county, they do give you a take home car.