PDA

View Full Version : Palm Beach County sheriff, 7 others named in lawsuit by form

06-01-2007, 02:56 PM
By Nancy L. Othón
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted June 1 2007

A former Palm Beach County sheriff's lieutenant, recently criticized for his role in a car chase, has sued his former employer, Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, and other officials at the agency, claiming he has been discredited and his reputation has suffered.

In the lawsuit filed Tuesday in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Patrick O'Hara demands $1 million from Bradshaw as well as sheriff's spokesman Paul Miller and six other sheriff's employees named as defendants.

O'Hara resigned from the agency and is running for sheriff. Last month, an internal report about last year's 33-minute car chase that ended in Delray Beach faulted O'Hara for not allowing deputies to use tire deflation devices to stop the chase earlier. The chase went from Forest Hill Boulevard to Delray Beach, ending when a car hit Antonio Isaias Jr.'s vehicle. More than 280 rounds were fired after Isaias shot at deputies in a 12-second confrontation. Isaias, who was shot 31 times, died at the scene.

On Thursday, O'Hara remained steadfast that he did nothing wrong in his supervision of the chase.

"A bad guy that was dangerous to a lot of people was taken off the streets, and there was nobody injured," he said.

O'Hara took issue with the way sheriff's officials handled the internal report, claiming that inflammatory statements were made to reporters.

"The way they handled it publicly was totally unnecessary," O'Hara said.

He added that his campaign for sheriff has been seriously hampered.

"I can't even go out in public without wondering what people think of me," he said.

Miller declined to comment on the lawsuit.

Nancy L. Othón can be reached at nothon@sun-sentinel.com or 561-228-5502.

06-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I can help with that Pat, they think you are an **** Still....Quit while you are behind.

06-01-2007, 05:22 PM
From everything I have read here, they didnt think much of you at the agency. I know you, nice man. Everyone hates Monday morning QBs, but from the read I got, you messed up, now you're looking to blame everyone rather than take some RESPONSIBILITY for your actions, or should I say, INACTION? Your lawsuit is frivilous, (I apologize if I mis-spelled that one) and you will not get a dime from ANY of the defendants that you named. You wont get 10K votes in this next Sheriff's election, this report, while only somewhat critical of your inaction that evening is indicative of your leadership ability and will be used ad nauseum by Sheriff Bradshaw, a GOOD and HONORABLE man who you slander each and every time you post something on your website. You wont win, and the only thing you are doing is akin to what Beiluch did when we elected him Sheriff. You are polarizing the agency and creating your own good ole boy network. The good thing is, the PEOPLE who will actually go out and vote, will only need to see you one time, read the report regarding this incident and make up their collective minds that you are NOT the person for the job of Sheriff.

06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
"A bad guy that was dangerous to a lot of people was taken off the streets, and there was nobody injured," he said.

THERE WAS NOBODY INJURED??? Are you **** me?? The bad guy was killed!!! Not that I'm squirting any tears over his death. But you could have possibly prevented that. Now the brave D/S's involved in that tragic event, have to live with the fact that they mave have needlessly taken a human life. Again, not a great loss to society in this case, but tragic none the less. I hope the family of the perp sues O'Hara now also.

06-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Hey Pat, why didn't you sue the IA investigators and all the deputies involved in the shooting since no one has ever spoken anything about you. I bet your civil suit gets dismissed quickly. Since you have no attorney, you will not be able to file this right either, like all the public information requests that have gone no where.

08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
good reminder here about AAAAAAAAA'hara