PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Speaking Deputies only

05-31-2007, 11:44 PM
I was looking at the permits and saw one that I wanted to work. I noticed that the Phi Delta Kappa on 6-2-07 at 2300 hrs is mandating SPANISH SPEAKING DEPUTIES ONLY. Since when did they start discriminating against American English speaking Deputies? My Father and Grandfather fought hard in previous wars' so their son didn't get treated like this.

05-31-2007, 11:53 PM
I can sign up for it. I know three words of Spanish. The permit didn't say fluent deputies.

06-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Thats gotta violate some policy or discrimination law! Anyone contact the a PBA rep.

06-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Éste es **** Soy seguro que esta discriminación en ella es la mayor nivel. No trabajar por favor este detalle. Pedirán después blancos o negros solamente.

This is **** I am sure this discrimination at it's highest standard. Please don't work this detail. Next they'll be asking for whites or blacks only.

06-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Ask the PBA? For what? That could cut into their tee time!

06-01-2007, 06:05 AM
The permit is requesting spanish speaking deputies not demanding! There is a difference.

06-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Detail Slots:

Name
Vehicle
Rank
Position Options
2 positions are available for this slot. Vehicle Deputy59578 Click for Options

Detail Address: 5700 BENTBROOK BLVD LAKE WORTH, FL, 33467-6345

Contact Person: Miguel Resendiz
Description: DIGGI PHIDK1/2

Address 5700 Bentbrook Blvd, Lake Worth

Contact Miguel Resendiz 561-248-5178

Vehicle Yes

They changed the verbage. This is what I originaly cut and pasted.

Event Quinceanera

Job Profile *SPECIAL NOTE - SPANISH SPEAKING DEPUTIES ONLY*

Provide general security and prevent unwanted persons from entering party.

*M*

06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
I was looking at the permits and saw one that I wanted to work. I noticed that the Phi Delta Kappa on 6-2-07 at 2300 hrs is mandating SPANISH SPEAKING DEPUTIES ONLY. Since when did they start discriminating against American English speaking Deputies? My Father and Grandfather fought hard in previous wars' so their son didn't get treated like this.

I saw that when I was looking at the permits. It did say "Spanish Speaking Deputies Only" Looks like your posting made some phone calls, because that got changed real quick. LOL!!!! Looks like this leoaffairs is pretty effective. I must admit "requested" does sound much better.

06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Is the Border Patrol allowed to work this detail?

06-01-2007, 01:04 PM

If you read the ENTIRE permit, it is clear that it is for a Quincenera, which is like a Sweet 16 party for a Hispanic young lady. It also stands to reason that many of the guests will be more fluent and comfortable speaking in Spanish. Since we are not going to solve the immigration problem here today, why not allow some COMMON SENSE to take over? Would it not be feasible to have someone there who can COMMUNICATE with the guests should there be a problem? SHould you be able to work the detail? Absolutely. Should the person PAYING for the Deputy to be there be able to request a Spanish Speaking Deputy? Absolutely. All this on the internet is nonsense.

06-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Whyaskwhy..............How about yuo stand up and put your name at the end of your post too..........Oh, that's right....... your just like the rest of us, you don't want to be known..........practice what you preach.......PAL!

06-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Glenn Wescott....#1966..Retired..Never had a problem telling ANYONE what I thought or why I thought it and when I had a complaint I went to the source, not posting junk abut people on a website. The way some of you carry on, you would think that you work in some slave industry.

06-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Well said Glenn. The people who are paying for the deputy for a mostly spanish speaking party have the right to request or even demand for a spanish speaking deputy if they wish. They are, after all, the ones PAYING that deputy to be their. Last I checked, spanish was a skill. If their guests are moslty spanish speaking, I don't see what the issue is if they want a spanish speaking deputy for which THEY are going to pay for.

06-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Whyaskwhy..............How about yuo stand up and put your name at the end of your post too..........Oh, that's right....... your just like the rest of us, you don't want to be known..........practice what you preach.......PAL!

Dysfunctional for sure, but a family no doubt. I have NEVER had a problem standing up to defend PBSO or its employees, nor will I ever have one doing so. You guys want to complain to the bosses, then go do it. You want to fix what you think is wrong, then make an intelligent and well thought out argument in support of your position. The permit policy is what it is, if you dont want to work it, no one is forcing you. The complaint should have gone to whoever is in charge of them now, not some anonymous internet board where 99% of what is said here is childish and cowardly. Its as if some of you think that by venting here you will effect some change...Yeah right, guess again.

06-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Glenn Wescott....#1966..Retired..Never had a problem telling ANYONE what I thought or why I thought it and when I had a ***** I went to the source, not posting crap abut people on a website. The way some of you carry on, you would think that you work in some slave industry.

Yea you never had a problem telling anyone anything.....thats why you were know for being a FLAMING Sig ......and an MAJOR FLAMING **** as well.....you didnt retire...you QUIT....and when you tried to come back, they laughed at you.......You **** so much about simple stuff it was pathetic......

06-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Don't forget his son who has s-21 half of Royal Palm high on 57....

Dont throw stones glass house boy.

06-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Glenn Wescott....#1966..Retired..Never had a problem telling ANYONE what I thought or why I thought it and when I had a complaint I went to the source, not posting junk about people on a website. The way some of you carry on, you would think that you work in some slave industry.

Yea you never had a problem telling anyone anything.....thats why you were know for being a FLAMING Sig......and an MAJOR FLAMING **** as well.....you didnt retire...you QUIT....and when you tried to come back, they laughed at you.......You **** so much about simple stuff

What a you are. What have YOU accomplished? I RETIRED, after 23 years of SERVICE to this community and I was HAPPY to do it. I didnt quit and many tried to talk me out of leaving. But I had enough of the whiney backstabbing POS that now seem to be the norm. As for me being a Sig I suppose that is why I was trusted with MAJOR CASES and HOMICIDE INVESTIGATIONS, due to my incompetence. I was a Hostage Negotiator for more than 9 years. Thats me, Mr. Incompetent. I never lost a homicide case, ever. I lost one person who was bent on suicide in more than 9 years. What is it that you do again? I couldnt care less if YOU think I am or was an **** but once again you PROVE how little you actually KNOW about me. Since I never APPLIED to come back, there was no one to laugh at me. When I was ASKED to come back, I declined the offer. What have I ever lied about? Since you apparently know me so well, why dont you sign YOUR name to your post? Continue to do what you do best, hide and complain. I am at Madison Green almost every Saturday. Come see me.

06-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Don't forget his son who has s-21 half of Royal Palm high on 57....

Dont throw stones glass house boy.

That you never have a child who is the victim of a pedophile, like Gervasio Torres. I hope you never have to endure what people like my son have had to endure due to the actions of others. I would think that if ANYONE would know what it is like to deal with victims of crimes, it would be those of you who have worked in Law Enforcement. Despite my best efforts, therapists who say he was self medicating and has somewhat of an addiction, he is who he is. Not because of me, but because of his situation and what happened to him when he lived with his mother. Once again, you bring others into this when we are talking about PBSO and only PBSO. My family is not fair game when you have no salient argument to make. My son is an adult, responsible for himself. When he got in trouble, you NEVER saw me intervene on his behalf, nor would I. What I have in ethics, you lack in common sense and human decency. I hope you come see me. Show me what a big man you are.

06-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Glenn, first let me tell you I was very impressed that you put your name in the thread you wrote. It took great guts. But as you can see this is why we deputies who are not retired don't. It doesn't not take guts to put your name on a thread it takes stupid brains.

Now let me give you some advice. When I retire I am never going to look this web site up let alone write responses. See retirement means relax and enjoy life not get mixed up in work you have nothing to do with.

So let us vent our furstrations without peolpe who have nothing to do with the agency getting in the middle. You were a great deputy and I thought very highly of you. But come on buddy, go fishing or better yet take a vacation.

06-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Thats all G does is complain like he tells US we are doing..... He is not happy unless he can gripe about anything and EVERYTHING ! !

Go to Madison Green and spare us

06-02-2007, 03:00 AM
Glenn (remember the double n) sucked as a Detective. He hung on the shoestrings of many. He always was very vocal and knew little of his tirades. We are glad he is gone. No one asked him to return, he asked and was turned down. Stay retired Glenn .

06-02-2007, 01:52 PM
[quote="Partner"]Glenn (remember the double n) sucked as a Detective. He hung on the shoestrings of many. He always was very vocal. No one asked him to return, he asked and was turned down. Stay retired Glenn

I'm sorry Glenn is right Get a life

06-02-2007, 07:02 PM
[quote="Partner"]Glenn (remember the double n) sucked as a Detective. He hung on the shoestrings of many. He always was very vocal. No one asked him to return Stay retired Glenn
Sorry , you were never any partner of mine. The MOD may have deleted the word ****, but I hope YOU saw it and those of your ilk. I may take ADVICE's advice, you surely arent worth it. Since applications are PUBLIC RECORD, go see if I ever applied before you put your LIES into print. As for my skills as a Detective, your comments are laughable. As for me being asked to return, go ask Col Gauger who asked who, then you can print your retraction. I am coming out of retirement soon, when you see me in the building, it wont be wearing a star, feel free to step up and tell me how worthless I was when you see me. I know you wont, because you lack the fortitude to do so.

06-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Yep ! ! Thats Glenn.......****

06-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Glenn (remember the double n) as a Detective. He hung on the shoestrings of many. He always was very vocal and knew little of his tirades. We are glad he is gone. No one asked him to return, he asked and was turned down. Stay retired Glenn
Sorry **** you were never any partner of mine. The MOD may have deleted the word **** but I hope YOU saw it and those of your ilk. I may take ADVICE's advice, you surely arent worth it. Since applications are PUBLIC RECORD, go see if I ever applied before you put your LIES into print. As for my skills as a Detective, your comments are laughable. As for me being asked to return, go ask Col Gauger who asked who, then you can print your retraction. I am coming out of retirement soon, when you see me in the building, it wont be wearing a star, feel free to step up and tell me how worthless I was when you see me. I know you wont, because you lack the fortitude to do so.

Hey Glenn, I hate to say this :oops: :oops: BUT,….. MAAAAANNN YOU ARE **** (OH YES, THE PUN WAS INTENDED)!!!! :roll: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

06-03-2007, 06:50 PM
WOW!!!! Look at how the Spanish Speaking Deputies thread has evolved. Hmmmm..................

Been There, Done That
06-03-2007, 10:39 PM
OK PUTO ! !

06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
G make sure you put your home alarm on before leaving.

Never know when some theft might break in.

Whether any of you like it or not, or have negative to say about it, **** is a good friend of mine! I have sat and read this thread as it has gone along, keeping quiet, **** can very well take care of himself.... BUT I do take the above statement as a 'THREAT' against him and his home. SOOOOO, I think I shall print and save a copy of this...just on the incase that something does happen at his home....

MOD 362
06-04-2007, 04:45 PM
G make sure you put your home alarm on before leaving.

Never know when some theft might break in.

Whether any of you like it or not, or have negative to say about it, **** is a good friend of mine! I have sat and read this thread as it has gone along, keeping quiet, **** can very well take care of himself.... BUT I do take the above statement as a 'THREAT' against him and his home. SOOOOO, I think I shall print and save a copy of this...just on the incase that something does happen at his home....

**MOD 362 **While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Any threatening material that may violate any applicable laws may lead to an immediate and permanent ban ( and your service provider being informed ) The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.