PDA

View Full Version : Unleash the FOP

05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
It's about time this Union has stepped up...this City will soon learn how powerful this Union is when it unites to confront the challenges head on. Media coverage, PR campaigns, billboards, Banner planes, TV commercials, radio spots, referendums, job actions....In with the Octagon, and I've got front row seats!

06-01-2007, 12:47 AM
It's about time this Union has stepped up...this City will soon learn how powerful this Union is when it unites to confront the challenges head on. Media coverage, PR campaigns, billboards, Banner planes, TV commercials, radio spots, referendums, job actions....In with the Octagon, and I've got front row seats!
Hopefully it won't be a repeat of past union blunders like the too little too late So-Fly ad, the take over of the NAACP or the banner plane at the air show and recent billboard on Sunrise that said nothing. Perhaps the drunkards in the dais will start to seek out the opinions of their fellow officers that came from actual union states or at least hire a real PR firm to handle our upcoming struggle.

06-01-2007, 03:48 AM
I am sure you had the BALLS to tell them that right and make your worthy opinions known, or is it easier to just shout from the balcony of your anonymous email. Keep the support, suggestions, and brotherhood coming...or divide us further with some more insightful emails, brother.

06-01-2007, 03:57 AM
It sucks when some of your own members are as ignorant about events and "past blunders" as those on the outside usually are. Even more frustrating, though, is that these members NEVER walk the walk. They talk behind closed doors and anonymous emails about the way things should be done, but never become informed and help the cause.

Truth is, the "guest" is one of five people we all know...thank God he is enjoying that comfy position and away from our real cops out in the battlefield.

06-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Well, I appreciate the call, though I rarely respond to these, as we are a bit busier on other challenges...and I try to avoid the ignorance. It's rather obvious which of our members feel like the above "guest." He can contact us anytime to help with our efforts. All I can say is, we will continue to dedicate our existence, our careers, and our energies to the fight for our members...even these few.

We act, and take a stand, for better or worse, and live with the ups and downs daily...24 hours a day. We win most battles, and lose some as well (never said we would win them all, or that it would be easy)...but our promise is that we will absolutely fight relentlessly until the war is won.

Thank God most of our members know this...hang in there, stay safe, support each other, and keep up the good fight.

06-01-2007, 06:00 AM
Jim Naugle & George Gretsas have trick up their sleeves… count on that. Your FOP reps don’t seem to have the wits to outsmart this duo. Media is good but officer unity is what gets the contract. Miami is an example & the counterpart of Fort Lauderdale in Dade County. Remember that you guys have been getting an influx of new blood just like Miami who are still on probation & can’t do much for the cause. Down in Miami it was the old salts that got the ball rolling. Gather all your crusties & start spreading the word.

06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't thing that guest is that far off. It seems that all he (or she) is saying is that we play smart. Things definitely need improvement here and the city is of the brink of losing the police department (starting withthe FTO's)

06-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, to CACA, I am not sure what the wits of my FOP Reps has to do with Gretsas or Naugle in the negotiation process, but they have done well to successfully resolve hundreds of documented grievances and personnel issues over the past several months, on behalf of the members.

I do agree, however, that there is little substitute for experience, and we value the wisdom of our veteran members as much as any, especially those who actually take the time to voice there wisdom in meetings or to me directly, instead of anonymously here or in the locker rooms.

To our 12 year Member, I appreciate your delivery, and agree with your sentiments entirely. Make no mistake, this is a chess game with moves made every hour, and we are vigilantly cognizant of that fact.

Remember, in any war, there are more battles going on behind the scenes than what the public or even our members know or hear about. Victory here will be achieved from our ability to unite and confront this challenge together. This is a different Union than that under Tom, and I am confident in our ability as a whole, 500 members strong, to come together and counter any of the City's "secret Tricks up their sleeves.

However, this is a test of endurance with strides and setbacks, and it will be during those setbacks that our members' resolve and unity will be tested most.

06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Jack or Mike, keep it up. You have the full support of your brothers and sisters, young and old alike. The FOP has always been through tough times, and has recovered well since Tom's demise. Mostlythanks to you guys. We will always have a few that are less than faithful, but most are behind you. Even our disgruntled members will silently follow,Just be sure to say the word and we're ready!

06-02-2007, 04:08 AM
yeah, but we shouldn't stop with the contract...the Chief, Gretsas, Hebert...they all gotta go to...Time for real leadership to lead us back in the right direction. Make sure that's part of the mission.

06-02-2007, 04:53 AM
We as a union members need to be on the same page and maintain on course.

07-16-2007, 06:15 AM
Yes FOP 31, PLEASE tell us to do something. I don't believe that there are just a few disgruntled Officers who feel the union is doing nothing. It doesn't help when we are kept in the dark and told to trust the FOP..."we are working on it". We want to start small and make our efforts increase in intensity so the public doesn't get the impression that we are a bunch of cry babies. Work to the rule or something to open their eyes prior to the negotiations. PLEASE do something that you can tell us about.

07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
To 12 year member. When asked to show a small symbol of unity for one of our members and donate a mere $100 for his defense fund less than half did. So much for trying to start small.

07-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow! you guys need a lot work to make this contract work. You’ll find that people who want the most amount of money aren't willing to share it once they achieved it. In addition, you’ll find that a lot police officers who want more info about contract status with their local unions are willing to sacrifice their time to attend one meeting.

08-03-2007, 02:00 PM
To our 12 year member....for info, you are welcome to come to any of our monthly meetings, briefings, visit the website, talk to any of 15 reps, send an email, or make a phone call anytime...we will continue to put out what we can. But, do ot underestimate what the FOP is doing behind the scenes. These contracts do not "happen" on their own, and we are not just sitting around...b/c you may not hear a daily update does not mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes. If you are anxious to help, let me know, and we will use as many extra hands as you can muster. But patience is a virtue of the wise, and is a necessary trait to embrace during a longterm struggle such as the one we are facing now.

Similarly, tell me what the USA is doing in Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, etc? I submit they are doing a ton "behind the scenes," though you do not see a lot of action there on the news everyday. If the US achieves a result there, it surely will come as a result of those actions you and I never saw. Do not underestimate that, and do not assume nothing is happening there or here.

We are in various stages EVERYDAY of utilizing different "tactics" in a very fluid, ongoing situation that spans several months. When we are ready to utilize the tactics you mentioned, we will clearly let you know. Meanwhile, come to a meeting and let's exchange thoughts openly.

We have spent two months preparing a worthy public campaign. We shared it with almost 60 top business/community leaders just last week, and the "behind-the scenes" response has been both positive and productive for us. We have another presentation next week at City Hall. We have 12 more lined up in September...amongst many other "covert" activities simultaneouisly going on every single day.

What more can we do for you?

08-04-2007, 04:12 AM
I think the FOP for our department is doing a great job. I constantly hear about all the work you guys put into everything. Hopefully, when the time comes, all will go well.

08-06-2007, 03:51 AM
To our 12 year member....for info, you are welcome to come to any of our monthly meetings, briefings, visit the website, talk to any of 15 reps, send an email, or make a phone call anytime...we will continue to put out what we can. But, do ot underestimate what the FOP is doing behind the scenes. These contracts do not "happen" on their own, and we are not just sitting around...b/c you may not hear a daily update does not mean that nothing is happening behind the scenes. If you are anxious to help, let me know, and we will use as many extra hands as you can muster. But patience is a virtue of the wise, and is a necessary trait to embrace during a longterm struggle such as the one we are facing now.

Similarly, tell me what the USA is doing in Iran, North Korea, Pakistan, etc? I submit they are doing a ton "behind the scenes," though you do not see a lot of action there on the news everyday. If the US achieves a result there, it surely will come as a result of those actions you and I never saw. Do not underestimate that, and do not assume nothing is happening there or here.

We are in various stages EVERYDAY of utilizing different "tactics" in a very fluid, ongoing situation that spans several months. When we are ready to utilize the tactics you mentioned, we will clearly let you know. Meanwhile, come to a meeting and let's exchange thoughts openly.

We have spent two months preparing a worthy public campaign. We shared it with almost 60 top business/community leaders just last week, and the "behind-the scenes" response has been both positive and productive for us. We have another presentation next week at City Hall. We have 12 more lined up in September...amongst many other "covert" activities simultaneouisly going on every single day.

What more can we do for you?

FOP2,

I just think some of the older guys just have a bad taste in their mouth from the last two contracts. We (maybe just me?) just want to feel like something is being done by all of the members. I was here for the last "work to the rule" and I remember everybody thinking that we were at least putting up a fight because each member was involved. I'm not saying that is the answer now but I understand the mindset because we are all cops. I also understand that you guys are working very hard everyday and we don't always see the results right away but we just get impatient and frustrated. I'll leave my "disgruntled" picture up til the contract comes home....hang in there!

TJ

08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I heard Jack finally grew a set of balls and walked out on negotiations today.

08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Word around the water cooler is that the city said a COLA isn't even an option....so Jack and the guys walked out. Meeting lasted 7 minutes.
I can already feel the tip of the shaft we're going to get.

08-25-2007, 04:14 PM
WAY TO GO JACK !!!

08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Word around the water cooler is that the city said a COLA isn't even an option....so Jack and the guys walked out. Meeting lasted 7 minutes.

I'll admit that with this being only my second contract experience, I'm a bit confused. Are we going to get 5, 5 and 5 forced down our throats over COLAs? It seems to me that the dept's experience would look like an inverted bell curve if plotted out. (Lots of guys under 5yrs, many near retirement, not too many in the middle.) Is our low pay not as important as something that our elders couldn't accomplish in their first 17+ years? Or is it the city's strategy to wait out this last crop of retirees before considering COLAs?

Either way, not much optimism out there. We know the FOP is working hard behind the scenes, the city's attitude is just disheartening. I'm hoping that the "COLAs aren't an option" comment from the city was viewed as a sign that a meaningful pay raise wasn't an option either. Hence the walkout. If the whole story is even true. More rumors out there than on tmz.

We're still all about unity. Can't accomplish anything unless we're together. Just curious... Maybe it's best if I just keep sitting quietly in the back one Tuesday a month.

08-27-2007, 02:30 AM

What do you mean "Finally". Jack has and has always had more Balls than you have ever had (and probably had in your mouth, well maybe not that many). Obviously youve never been in a jamb and had to have Jack and the boys go to bat for you. Maybe you should attend an arbitration hearing and see what little "balls"
these guys have as they put some of the top brass and management in the hot seat. Or maybe you should stay behind your computer and keep posting bullshit and masturbating yourself into a stuper.

08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh how I miss 7-11

09-03-2007, 12:29 AM

What do you mean "Finally". Jack has and has always had more Balls than you have ever had (and probably had in your mouth, well maybe not that many). Obviously youve never been in a jamb and had to have Jack and the boys go to bat for you. Maybe you should attend an arbitration hearing and see what little "balls"
these guys have as they put some of the top brass and management in the hot seat. Or maybe you should stay behind your computer and keep posting bullshit and masturbating yourself into a stuper.

Lokeinsky is a great farging guy and a great cop...he is a smart man and is perfect for this job...keep kicking ass Jack...from your old midnight 2 brother!

09-12-2007, 02:12 AM

I'll admit that with this being only my second contract experience, I'm a bit confused. Are we going to get 5, 5 and 5 forced down our throats over COLAs? It seems to me that the dept's experience would look like an inverted bell curve if plotted out. (Lots of guys under 5yrs, many near retirement, not too many in the middle.) Is our low pay not as important as something that our elders couldn't accomplish in their first 17+ years? Or is it the city's strategy to wait out this last crop of retirees before considering COLAs?

Either way, not much optimism out there. We know the FOP is working hard behind the scenes, the city's attitude is just disheartening. I'm hoping that the "COLAs aren't an option" comment from the city was viewed as a sign that a meaningful pay raise wasn't an option either. Hence the walkout. If the whole story is even true. More rumors out there than on tmz.

We're still all about unity. Can't accomplish anything unless we're together. Just curious... Maybe it's best if I just keep sitting quietly in the back one Tuesday a month.

Wow...and everybody keeps bad mouthing this new generation of cops (Generation Me). You show that it simply isn't true. I mean think about it, 17 years ago when your "elders" were taking the oath of office you were celebrating your 8th birthday. I mean how important could retirement and getting a cost of living adjustment be to you?? Let's see, two contract negotiations means less than 4 years experience so you will be working for another 16-17 years. I love the irony, too bad we can't skip forward to see what you will fighting for in your 7th or 8th contract negotiation. If you don't recall, we basically had the last 2 contracts shoved down our throats and as soon as the city saw that we would back off they developed a new attitude. Sooooo, what I'm trying to say is, don't be so shy in the meetings. In fact, at the next meeting raise your hand high and start your statement by saying "I posted on LeoAffairs" and see the warmth you will receive from your "elders" junior.

09-12-2007, 02:01 PM
hey tj,
maybe we should just go to city hall and say, "gooooo awwwwaayyyy fatman!"

09-12-2007, 05:34 PM

Wow...and everybody keeps bad mouthing this new generation of cops (Generation Me). You show that it simply isn't true. I mean think about it, 17 years ago when your "elders" were taking the oath of office you were celebrating your 8th birthday. I mean how important could retirement and getting a cost of living adjustment be to you?? Let's see, two contract negotiations means less than 4 years experience so you will be working for another 16-17 years. I love the irony, too bad we can't skip forward to see what you will fighting for in your 7th or 8th contract negotiation. If you don't recall, we basically had the last 2 contracts shoved down our throats and as soon as the city saw that we would back off they developed a new attitude. Sooooo, what I'm trying to say is, don't be so shy in the meetings. In fact, at the next meeting raise your hand high and start your statement by saying "I posted on LeoAffairs" and see the warmth you will receive from your "elders" junior.

Well, that's about what I expected. Disgruntled vet pigeonholing me as an "all about me" 2/20 rookie. Why did I hope for a rational discussion?

I'll be the first to do whatever the union asks, whether it's easy or painful. It's all about Solidarity, but does that mean not discussing strategy? Let me know how many years I have to have on before my dues earn me that right. 'Till then, I guess I have to be a silent lemming to make you happy.

09-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Not sure what the hostility at the "new guy" is all about. He seemed in favor of a COLA and is in support of the union...isn't that the same mindset of the "elders"? Guess you gotta take out the frustration somewhere....
Anyway....we're contractless in 18 days......anyone heard of any updates?

09-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Yea that is what I'd like to know as well. Are there any updates on contracts or upcoming meetings between the FOP and the city?

09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
hey tj,
maybe we should just go to city hall and say, "gooooo awwwwaayyyy fatman!"

It seems to work for Stewie. They shall rue the day that they sullied my good name!!

HaHa

TJ

10-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Let me say 5,5 and 5 is not enough.....it s good today, but at the end of that contract we will still be bottom of the barrell. 10,10 and 10 is where we should be but thats just not gonna happen.....Let them impose 3,2 and 2 and if anyone makes a dicretionary arrest or writes a discretionary ticket i ll pack thier car full of half eaten tuna sandwiches......GOD is watching, and he is pissed.