PDA

View Full Version : Reply to Comments under Armsted/FDLE cover up/

05-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Loel and Jeff Fennell, I am offended by your un-warrented allegations that FDLE covered up the case about which you speak, and that an inadequate investigation was done. I challange either of you to read the case file. There were a number of alligations made during the case, the problem was that none of the witnesses (All employees of the SO) seemed to "remember" or admit that they had knowledge or participation when they were placed under oath. No one stood up and did the right thing............a case can not be prosecuted without witnesses or evidence. If you are going to lay blame, lay it on those who failed to act when the conduct was occuring. This was clearly a failure of line supervision.....not a failure of FDLE.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. Cudos for using your name, I can respect that, everyone is entitled to an opinion, just make sure of your facts before you speak.

05-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Wham! Pow! Kerplunk! Bing! Bang! Powey!, thats the sounds of John King *itch slapping the almighty Fennell, who by the way, finally puts his name to a post. Go ahead slim, focus on this post instead of the key stroke whoopin you just got.

05-30-2007, 05:10 AM
John I knew very early on in that case it would be nearly impossible to obtain an inditement on anyone. I wasn't commenting on the main case but on other issues which surfaced during the investigation that were never followed up on. I feel if durning an investigation one uncovers other unrelated criminal activity those items need to be investigated on their own. By not looking into those I feel could be construed as a cover up. Cover up was probably a poor choice of words on my part and I apologize to you and FDLE. I feel the SO chose not to investigate due to the fact steps have been put in place to prevent any future incidents and the primary offenders are no longer with the department. Take care John and don't forget you still owe me a lunch at Hooters.

jeff fennell
05-31-2007, 03:16 AM
John King-
I speak the truth as to what I said, the facts as I know them. I provided several names of potential witnesses of people who had knowledge of the goings on of the incident(s) in question. Some of those people were NEVER interviewed. I know this because I asked them point blank if FDLE ever talked to them.

While I was forthcoming with the knowledge I had, I was only queried on one specific incident and never shown any photos of the items in question. My knowledge was only one cog in the entire wheel of information and I know not all of the information was obtained.

If the offer is sincere, I would LOVE to see the case file. Other issues existed that are not proper for here. If you are interested in hearing those, I believe you have my office number.

jeff fennell
05-31-2007, 03:20 AM
CSI-

Grow a scroat and a couple of danglers. Be a Man or Woman and sign your name to your posts or are you :cry:

How's that for Kapow, Slam, Kerplang!?

Go back to the sand box and leave the posts for the adults.

05-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Jeff

Of course the offer was sincere. Either get with SA Matt Walsh or your agency, as they were provided a copy. As to the other issues, I would be interested, but if you havn't already heard I am retiring. My last offical day is in mid-July but I will actually start burning leave credits on June 1st. I would suggest if you have some issues that you share them with whom ever shall replace me or executive investigations in Tallahassee.

05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
John,
You have served the State of Florida well, along with the citizens of Highlands County. Congrats on reaching retirement, but, but, but, any plans you are still young! Rumors are out there but you know ;)