PDA

View Full Version : Time for Separate PBA Bodies

05-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I think it is time for a PBA body led by and representing only deputies. There should be ones for sergeants and lieutenants. This is how it has been done for years and years up in the northeast. The reason is simple, it keeps all honest and puts everyone on equal footing. I am a nobody who came from NYPD and now love south Florida and PBSO. I am a member of the PBA as I was in NY. Kaz has no idea who I am. I have seen a couple of guys put in for issues and they came back with that the PBA wasn't able to do anything. I have seen on the other hand a lot of guys who are close to Kaz get the world, from transfers to bump ups in their steps, it is totally about knowing and having a hook with Kaz. It is time for a change. Separate the bodies of the PBA into three groups, each with elected officers representing only their interest and stop this backward politics.

05-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I agree. The PBA and Kaz is too political and does not represent deputies well, since most benefits are geared towards sergeants and lieutenants. We need a separate deputy PBA to represent us.

05-28-2007, 02:55 AM
YOU ARE MORE RIGHT THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW.
THE ADMINISTRATION INSTALLED KAZ AS A SALARIED PBSO OPERATIVE TO SELL THE ADMINISTRATIONS CONCEPTS TO THE TROOPS. PBA HAS POLITICAL CLOUT BECAUSE CANDIDATES ASSUME THAT WE REALLY ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO VOTE FOR WHOEVER THE PBA ENDORSES. THIS IS ALL ABOUT GATHERING THE SHEEP AND MARCHING THEM TO THE POLLS ON VOTING DAY.
HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE UNDERGROUND GROUP P.E.R.L. OR PUBLIC EMPLOYEES FOR RESPONSIBLE LEADERSHIP. THEY CONTEND THAT IF WE PULL TOGETHER AND SEND THE RIGHT MESSAGE BY VOTING OUT THOSE WHO OPPOSE US, WE WILL INSTANTLY HAVE MORE GRASS ROOTS CLOUT THAN THE PBA. THEY'RE ALREADY ESTABLISHED AND LAYING SILENT TILL THE TIME IS RIGHT. THERE SHOULD ONLY BE ONE PBA BUT NOBODY ABOVE DEPUTY RANK SHOULD BE A REP AND THAT TERM SHOULD BE FOR 1 YEAR UNLESS RE-ELECTED. THE SGTS, LTS AND CAPTAINS ARE THE MAIN CAUSES OF GRIEVANCES SO IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE THAT THEY ARE REPS.

05-28-2007, 03:31 AM
I disagree with the last posting. If you research this with agencies having unions for decades, you would find the best way to operate (based on YEARS of experience) is separate PBA bodies. Ones for patrolman, sergeants, and lieutenants. Each has their own elected leaders and each of them pursue the interest of their body. Also, the leaders from each body all meet for negoiations of contracts to ensure they are all on the same sheet of music as far as benefits affecting all parties. By separate PBA union bodies NO ONE PERSON IS ABOVE ALL AND ALL IS EQUAL.

I have been reading the postings about the vacancies for sergeants and lieutenants. If each had their own elected body, each would be centered on their groups issues way before it boils over. The fact that the PBA has not pursued these promotions before now is just an indicator of the problems with the current PBA set-up.

Another thing here is I have spoken with a couple of long time members of the PBA. One is near retirement who told me he asked in the past to see the books at PBA. He was refused. Another friend of mine told me at a few meetings he and another raised a question, politely and respectfully, but Kaz literally beat him down and responded with sarcastic nonanswers. He told me Kaz intimidates anyone who has a question that might be unconfortable for him to explain. As if the members don't have a right to ask a legitimate question to their president.

No place is perfect. I love Florida. I love PBSO. I love our benefits. I would like to make this place even better, for all. I think if we do this, really try and do this we all will get a better representation, benefits, and faster resolutions to any future problems any member may face.

05-28-2007, 05:31 AM
This is true. Currently, the union reps are mostly Sgts, and Lts. I find this harmful for the simple deputy. As seen in the last contract negotiations, deputies did not see a pay plan like the Sgts, and Lts. I attended all the scheduled meetings, and asked many questions. Kaz did not respond properly to the lingering question. Will the deputies get a raise? We were told that everyone would see an increase. I wanted to believe that the union would do what it is best for everyone.
The negotiations went along, and everyone felt that union was getting a raise for us all. Instead, at the last possible meeting, Kaz dropped a bomb on everyone, and told us that we were getting a 14% COLA, and the base pay would be moved up to the $42K range. Now at the time, and the way Kaz explained it, you would have been led to believe an average deputy with a few years of service would see a raise. This was far from the truth, and he knew it. Anyhow, the contract was voted in, overwhemingly and now we all have to suck it up, until the next negotiation in 2009.
This is the reason I agree with the seperation of the bargaining unit, into three smaller groups. Deputy, Sgt, and Lt.
Now, I realize someone from the union will respond, and disagree with my statement. So, I will prove my point. I will give you a real scenario of what happened to a typical deputy as a result of this contract negotiated by our union, and Kaz.
This deputy had three years on the job, and had a pay grade of 21, step 3. At the time of the negotiations this deputy made approximately $42K a year. Now a reasonble person would believe that when the union, and Kaz stated everyone would see an increase, this deputy should see more pay after the new contract is implemented. Instead, the new contract only brought everyone not making $42K a year up to that level. $42K would be the new base salary step. So, now again, what would reasonable person expect to happen to the deputy with three years of experience? Well, to tell you the truth, absolutely nothing. The deputy who was a pay grade 21 step 3, was moved to pay grade 25 step 1. And, what is that equal to? $42K a year. So, now the experienced deputy makes the same as a rookie deputy, fresh out of the academy.
:xWhen this was brought to the attention of Kaz, he simply stated, that he had to make a tough decision on where to start the new base salary. This could be seen as, acceptable to an outsider, but it is commonly known that this agency has expanded, lost numerous deputies to retirement, and has many young deputies. That means that a large portion of the union membership only has a few years on, and many would not see any increase other than COLA.
Kaz simply believes that this deputy shouldn't worry because the pay plan has a higher top pay. He was referring to step 10. Well, the way I see it. The deputy with three years, must work 13 years to reach step 10, while the rookie deputy who started the day after the contract went into effect, only has to work 1o years to get the same thing. Also, remember, Kaz might negotiate the same deal next time, and more deputies will suffer the same fate, including the rookie deputy who by then will have three years on the job.
The Sgts, and Lts, set themselves up with a very good salary plan, and this is no surprise. They ARE the majority of the union reps. I don't blame them. If deputies represented deputies, this would hold true for them as well.

[b]SPLIT THE BARGAINING UNIT:!:

05-28-2007, 01:57 PM
All valid points above. But let me remind you all of some facts. The Sgt's and Lt's VOLUNTARILY skipped their pay raise for the first year of this contract, so the deputies could get theirs. Proving that they care more about the working guy then they do themselves. Secondly, you all are complaining about Sgt's and Lt's being reps. Who the **** voted for them?? YOU ALL DID!!! There are more D/S's than Sgt's and Lt's, so obviousley deputies voted for them. You voted for them, now you're stuck with them. In 2 years you'll get to vote again for new reps. That's when you can make a change. Not now. Not here.

05-28-2007, 07:58 PM
The fact that nobody votes is the main problem here. This contract, and the union rep elections had poor turnouts. I think the union should do better job of getting the word out. Then again, those that didn't vote should keep quiet. I voted each time, and was fustrated by the lack of members voting. The contract was won 435-13. The unionized members who are in the bargaining unit probably near 1000+

05-28-2007, 08:05 PM
The fact that nobody votes is the main problem here. This contract, and the union rep elections had poor turnouts. I think the union should do better job of getting the word out. Then again, those that didn't vote should keep quiet. I voted each time, and was fustrated by the lack of members voting. The contract was won 435-13. The unionized members who are in the bargaining unit probably near 1000+

I agree with Deputy Poorhouse. But, I offer one thing more. I think we need to petition for a break up of the current PBA into three bargaining units. One for deputies, sergeants and lieutenants.

If we petition for an emergency vote we can make this happen. There are over 1000 union members, most are deputies so we can win this.

We should nominate a deputy shift rep for days and nights for each district and have all signatures for a separate deputy bargaining unit and that we can elect our own officers.

Let's get out from under Kaz and his cronies and have a true union who is interested in our issues.

05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok, this sounds like a good idea. My question is, can we ask the union to help with this, or are we going to be treated like children and laughed at?
I'm going to ask a union rep how we can do this. I can already hear the propaganda from PBA.

05-28-2007, 11:11 PM
I agree. The PBA and Kaz is too political and does not represent deputies well, since most benefits are geared towards sergeants and lieutenants. We need a separate deputy PBA to represeWell , let's face it , unless you are a deputy that can be a caddy for the Kaz crew golf trips , you are not going to get that representation that a lieutenant does . Golf and and political dinner trips , what a cake job , do you honestly think he gives a damm about you ? Time you took a close look at where your money goes , some darn nice golf shirts nt us.

05-29-2007, 02:27 PM
All valid points above. But let me remind you all of some facts. The Sgt's and Lt's VOLUNTARILY skipped their pay raise for the first year of this contract, so the deputies could get theirs. Proving that they care more about the working guy then they do themselves.

WOW.....thats so nice of them considering the deputies did not get a pay raise ( other then COLA) which is exactly what they got too. They waited a year to get a 10k pay raise....I would have waited a year too if that would have been the case for everyone.

I am one of the guys that has been pushed back 2x now with the contracts (from 19-2 to 21-1 and from 21-2 back to 25-1).
I have worked here for 4 years and have guys that have no experience out of the academy making the same (and some making more depending on their anniversary). Several of us brought this up in the meetings...we were there and we voted. We were basically told oh well by Kaz and the other guys up front.

A seperate body for the deputies would be a great thing to even the playing field.

05-30-2007, 01:13 AM
I've got an idea.

Let's get rid of the PBA, vote em out , become non-unionized again.

before you start hissing think it over.

First off, name one thing the PBA got for all of us that the Sheriff wasn't going to gvie anyway. Raises? COLA? I suspect all of those were in the offing because of the nature of the market. Better salaries/bennies are a good way to attract good people.

I'd rather take my chances w/o the union and just use the chain of command. Having a parallel chain seems counterproductive.

At the very least maybe the prospect of being voted out would get teh PBA to become more responsive to its members.

your thoughts?

05-30-2007, 01:56 AM
I agree with those that suggest that the PBA body be representated by their peers. We, the deputies, are not. It's not because we voted for Sgt. and Lt. to respresent us! Does anyone truly believe that our votes are really considered. How does a SGT get voted as rep. by the troops who don't even know who he is? As one of the proud members of the 13 that voted NO on the last contract, I suggest that those that are unhappy with the PBA PULL OUT. Just complete a simple form and your dues will no longer be taken. It's that simple. Do you think the PBA that represents us now will be a little bit concerned to see their vacation monies slipping away? I definitely do!
Money talks and lack of money gets reaction!

05-30-2007, 05:00 PM
I've got an idea.

First off, name one thing the PBA got for all of us that the Sheriff wasn't going to gvie anyway. Raises? COLA? I suspect all of those were in the offing because of the nature of the market. Better salaries/bennies are a good way to attract good people.

I'd rather take my chances w/o the union and just use the chain of command. Having a parallel chain seems counterproductive.

At the very least maybe the prospect of being voted out would get teh PBA to become more responsive to its members.

your thoughts?

I was there when the Sheriff walked into the room where we were negotiating our contract and gave us everything. The PBA didn't open their mouth; everything we go was because of the Sheriff, not the union.

05-30-2007, 05:28 PM
to the ones who were theere with the sheriff.......Question...I assume he knew in advance what the PBA was asking for....Do you believe he would have given us as much if there was no organized group to actually ASK for the stuf we got? I am not arguing, JUST ASKING. I think he might have given us some good stuff, but i think the reason we got waht we did is because an organized group actually ASKED FOR IT rather than leaving it up to a benevolent benefactor ! !

05-31-2007, 12:12 AM
Still sitting here waiting for someone to tell me all the benefits of having a Union that may or may not represent me.

want to know what is different between now and a few years ago when we didn't have union representation? Nothing.

If you disagree by all means let's hear it. If you're' persuasive you may even convince me or some of the other doubters.

05-31-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't understand how anyone can think that we are better off without a union/contract! Without one the Sheriff can do whatever he wants. Violate any policy he wants, punish one person for a violation but not another for the same infraction. This Sheriff is a good one, but a contract protects us from another Neuman or Buford... I'll take a contract any day. Without one, it's like playing a sport without a rule book.

05-31-2007, 10:59 PM
IF YOU DON"T LIKE IT HERE I HAVE BUT ONE SUGGESTION.............QUIT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Guest 06,

good point, I concede a Union is a good thing to protect us from the likes of a mercurial despot. Luckily with current Sheriif we probably don't need the protection but who knows who will be sheriff two or three elections from now.

06-02-2007, 05:38 AM
I agree. The PBA and Kaz is too political and does not represent deputies well, since most benefits are geared towards sergeants and lieutenants. We need a separate deputy PBA to represent us.

Here is an idea , just go out on any golf corse , out of state of corse , find Kaz and his caddies, and , tell him to pack up ,and quit taking your money . Can't understand how he gets away with that .

06-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Here's a better idea. Unfortunately this one takes some guts something you all obviously have failed to have many times. Go to the next PBA meeting (next week) and voice your concerns and comments. If all you would actually want to do something except hide behind your screen names, maybe something could be done. I know this won't happen. I will see a bunch of reply, but again no one will actually man up and show their faces to make a change. You will never make a difference in anything, as long as you hide here. If you are men, I will see you at the next meeting. Probably not though. like many in our administration. And you say change is needed. Yes it is, starting with you!

06-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Here's a better idea. Unfortunately this one takes some guts something you all obviously have failed to have many times. Go to the next PBA meeting (next week) and voice your concerns and comments. If all you would actually want to do something except hide behind your screen names, maybe something could be done. I know this won't happen. I will see a bunch of reply, but again no one will actually man up and show their faces to make a change. You will never make a difference in anything, as long as you hide here. If you are men, I will see you at the next meeting. Probably not though. like many in our administration. And you say change is needed. Yes it is, starting with you!

HEY- I was told K uses his real name when he posts. Obviously NOT!!! We all know it's you. Why can't you man up and show some **** You're the **** Here's a thought- Why don't we all just skip your "caddy" meeting at the PBA hall, and just vote your **** out? Maybe then we can get representation for OUR interests- NOT yours. We need a REAL cop in there, not a semi-pro golfer (thanks to our dues).

06-03-2007, 03:18 AM
I swore I would never post on this board, but this posting has really hit me to where I have to. Everyone complains about what the PBA does and doesn't do or what they should and shouldn't. I was never a member until my husband died and I saw how they stepped up and everything they did to get the benefits for me. I know many of you don't care about that or what I went thru prior to them stepping up to help. You all focus on the now and what you want or what others have - what is really important is what they do for you when you need them. 24/7 they are there for support, regardless of the nature. You can slam anyone you want and have your comments, but they have your back when you get in to trouble or have a problem. How many friends could you say that about? I realize I will get slammed for posting this, but honestly I don't care. They deserve credit for what they do. Obviously you have no idea what is involved with budget/salary/etc issues - it is not just a matter of saying you want and you get. Kaz has a job and is doing it - he is trying to help you - instead of complaining, talk to him - he will do his best to work it out for you, but he can't control everything - remember that. It took him and the PBA several months to help me out, but they never gave up! Fire back however you want on this posting and know who it came from, because yes I will sign my name.
Diane Grant

06-03-2007, 03:25 PM
I swore I would never post on this board, but this posting has really hit me to where I have to. Everyone complains about what the PBA does and doesn't do or what they should and shouldn't. I was never a member until my husband died and I saw how they stepped up and everything they did to get the benefits for me. I know many of you don't care about that or what I went thru prior to them stepping up to help. You all focus on the now and what you want or what others have - what is really important is what they do for you when you need them. 24/7 they are there for support, regardless of the nature. You can slam anyone you want and have your comments, but they have your back when you get in to trouble or have a problem. How many friends could you say that about? I realize I will get slammed for posting this, but honestly I don't care. They deserve credit for what they do. Obviously you have no idea what is involved with budget/salary/etc issues - it is not just a matter of saying you want and you get. Kaz has a job and is doing it - he is trying to help you - instead of complaining, talk to him - he will do his best to work it out for you, but he can't control everything - remember that. It took him and the PBA several months to help me out, but they never gave up! Fire back however you want on this posting and know who it came from, because yes I will sign my name.
Diane Grant

If you have a real concern, there is a PBA Meeting Monday June 4, 2007 at 1500 Hours at the PBA Hall. If you have a concern please come and to make it better 100 will be there and you can ask him yourself

06-03-2007, 04:14 PM
See I told you so. hiding behind a computer instead of being a man. And this is what we work with ladies and gentlemen.

06-04-2007, 02:32 PM
Here's a better idea. Unfortunately this one takes some guts something you all obviously have failed to have many times. Go to the next PBA meeting (next week) and voice your concerns and comments. If all you whiners would actually want to do something except hide behind your screen names, maybe something could be done. I know this won't happen. I will see a bunch of cowards reply, but again no one will actually man up and show their faces to make a change. Keep whinning you bunch of babies. You will never make a difference in anything, including your lives, as long as you hide here. If you are men, I will see you at the next meeting. Probably not though. You will just keep being cowards....like many in our administration. And you say change is needed. Yes it is, starting with you!

Wow , nice letter K , must be a rain out date on the greens today . Looks like knowing the deputies got your number now has hit sore spot with you . :wink:

06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Here's a better idea. Unfortunately this one takes some guts something you all obviously have failed to have many times. Go to the next PBA meeting (next week) and voice your concerns and comments. If all you whiners would actually want to do something except hide behind your screen names, maybe something could be done. I know this won't happen. I will see a bunch of reply, but again no one will actually man up and show their faces to make a change. Keep whinning you bunch of babies. You will never make a difference in anything,as long as you hide here. If you are men, I will see you at the next meeting. Probably not though. like many in our administration. And you say change is needed. Yes it is, starting with you!

Wow , nice letter K , must be a rain out date on the greens today . Looks like knowing the deputies got your number now has hit sore spot with you . :wink:

:twisted: Yeah, go to the meeting, and get treated like a child by K. That's what I want. Call us all you want K. You know that anytime someone disagrees with you, or you don't like a question, your demeanor changes, and you lose your cool.
I personally have confronted you and you go off the chain about how we all don't understand how hard it is. I'm tired of the union meetings, and i've been to alot of them.
I'm tired of the antics and the disgraceful way a union member is treated by his own union leadership. Thanks for the post. Keep up the good work K. The union membership does have a vote, and one day, MAYBE they'll use it. Until then, I guess we're all sheep, and your the sheppard. :( :( :(

06-05-2007, 01:11 AM
I see none of you came to the meeting today. Like I said, only the men showed up. Keep hiding behind your computers boys. You have shown your true colors. You can't even talk, so the phrase "all talk no action" doesn't even apply here.

06-05-2007, 03:21 PM
I just read the thread today and learned of a PBA Meeting. Is there somewhere else to look to find out when the meetings are. Why doen't the PBA update the website with a list of meetings, oh thats right they dont want us there to ask questions. Doesn't the PBA have all ouf our email addresses. Why can't they send out an email on when the meetings are. I would have loved to have gone to this meeting today and asked a few questions.

06-05-2007, 03:52 PM
I just read the thread today and learned of a PBA Meeting. Is there somewhere else to look to find out when the meetings are. Why doen't the PBA update the website with a list of meetings, oh thats right they dont want us there to ask questions. Doesn't the PBA have all ouf our email addresses. Why can't they send out an email on when the meetings are. I would have loved to have gone to this meeting today and asked a few questions.

Well the meeting are sent out to PBA site and Reps. I will post the meetings next time they come up. Sorry about the delay

06-07-2007, 03:40 AM
I see none of you came to the meeting today. Like I said, only the men showed up. Keep hiding behind your computers boys. You have shown your true colors. You can't even talk, so the phrase "all talk no action" doesn't even apply here. Go cower like P

This meeting was for reps, and union leaders, ONLY. So you look kinda stupid right now. By the way, I say to avoid the wrath of those in power you have to stay anonymous.

:!: What are you, Mr. Anonymous?
That's right I forgot, you're said above in your anonymous post that you're one of the "men!"

06-08-2007, 12:04 AM
While the meetings may be designated for Reps, you can attend. There are many non-reps attending these. I attend and voice my opinion.

06-08-2007, 02:53 AM
[quote="Anonymous"]I see none of you came to the meeting today. Like I said, only the men showed up. Keep hiding behind your computers boys. You have shown your true colors. You can't even talk, so the phrase "all talk no action" doesn't even apply here.
Pay attention to these posts . Keep going to his PBA Meetings. YOU ARE HIS SHEEP! The MEN will be the ones voting him OUT!!!

06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]While the meetings may be designated for Reps, you can attend. There are many non-reps attending these I attend and voice my opinion.
Hey, get a load of this guy! He's talking trash.
I don't know who he is, but he's posting anonymous. Then at the same time he the same.
I'll bet this guy follows the union bosses around like they're gods.
I get tired of these union.
The union has one agenda, and it doesn't include regular deputies.
Keep doing your thing. One day the trash will be taken to where it belongs...theDUMP.

06-09-2007, 06:00 AM
All talk, no action.

06-09-2007, 10:33 AM
I think we need to petition for a break up of the current PBA into three bargaining units. One for deputies, sergeants and lieutenants.

If we petition for an emergency vote we can make this happen. There are over 1000 union members, most are deputies so we can win this.

We should nominate a deputy shift rep for days and nights for each district and have all signatures for a separate deputy bargaining unit and that we can elect our own officers.

Let's get out from under Kaz and his cronies and have a true union who is interested in our issues.

06-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Please goto the new link:

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=23499

Time for a Change!!! Vote for a new PBA.

06-09-2007, 06:05 PM
There are currently two bargaining unit from the personnal you speak of. One for Deputies, another for Sergeats and Lieutenants. What is your plan????? How is three bargaining units going to change anything????

06-09-2007, 10:42 PM
There are currently two bargaining unit from the personnal you speak of. One for Deputies, another for Sergeats and Lieutenants. What is your plan????? How is three bargaining units going to change anything????

Hey Mr. Kaz supporter flush out your headgear. We currently DO NOT have two separate bargaining units. We have a Kaz who is controling the representation, expenditures of dues , benefits program objectives, and future negoiation goals. His interest are primarily for Lieutenants and Sergeants, not deputies.

We need a change, a break from the current PBA. Perhaps the deputies need to pull out completely from PBA and goto the FOP. That way we are free of Kaz politics and lack of concern for our issues.

Please goto the new link:

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=23499

Time for a Change!!! Vote for a new PBA or union body.

STOP THE MESS IN UNION BUSINESS, VOTE THE CURRENT PBA OUT FROM REPRESENTING GOOD DEPUTIES.

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

06-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Obviously, "Real facts buddy" doesn't have a clue in what he speaks about here. First of all, you can't just decide to pull out from the PBA. You can not just decide you need additional Collective Bargaining Units. This all has to be approved, after petition, to the Florida PERC (Public Employees Relations Commission). The FOP is definately not the answer. They are worse then the PBA (yes, that is possible)
I do agree, we need to get rid of Kaz. The way to do this is to stand united and start the process of inpeachment and re-voting. Let's stand together and do it right. Let's all work together and get the good people into position at the PBA. Once the people that should be there are in place, everything can work out for our benefit. It doesn't take a complete re-organization to make things work here.

06-15-2007, 07:25 AM

Here is an idea , just go out on any golf corse , out of state of corse , find Kaz and his caddies, and , tell him to pack up ,and quit taking your money . Can't understand how he gets away with that .[b]

I couldnt agree with you more! He's usually out with the same "old crew". Old "Has beens" mainly. Myers for one, couldn't hack retirement so he had to go back, just to feel like he belonged somewhere. :shock: All the old guys that can't seem to hack "retirement " life and want to be part of the so called "brotherhood". Once youre gone, youre lucky if your so called "brothers" even bother to look your way if you see them out, let alone, offer any consolation for you or your family. Some "brotherhood" that is. With "bothers like that, I'd rather be an only child... :snicker: :

06-18-2007, 04:30 AM
TO THE BROTHER AND SISTER LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPUTIES,

AS HAS BEEN SAID HERE, THE LE DEPUTIES NEED A NEW BARGAINING UNION SEPARATE FROM SERGEANTS AND LIEUTENANTS. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERSONALITIES, PAST ISSUES, OR WHO IS IN CONTROL AT PBA.

WHAT THIS IS ABOUT IS HAVING A REPRESENTION BODY LED BY AND SOLELY FOR LE DEPUTIES. THIS SEPARATE BODY INSURES DEPUTIES' ISSUES ARE CONSIDERED TIMELY AND EQUALLY. THAT CONTRACT NEGIOATION ISSUES CONCERNING DEPUTIES HAVE EQUAL FOOTING AS SERGEANTS AND LIEUTENANTS. THIS IS A INSTITUTIONAL DESIGN CHANGE THAT GUARANTEES DEPUTIES' CONFIDENCE IN THEIR UNION REPS AND LEADERSHIP.

WE ALL MUST POOL TOGETHER AND SEPARATE UNION GROUPS AND HAVE A SEPARATE LEADER.

AS A START TO THIS PROCESS, I NOMINATE JOHN COGBURN TO LEAD US. HE IS EXACTLY THE RIGHT TYPE OF LEADER AND REPRESENTATIVE THE LAW ENFORCEMENT MEN AND WOMEN NEED HERE. HE IS POPULAR AND WELL RESPECTED WITH HIS PEERS AND THE ADMINISTRATION HAS A RESPECTFUL FEAR OF HIM.

LET'S PUT AWAY THE SNIPING COMMENTS ABOUT KAZ AND MACAFEE OR ANYONE PERSON. LET US ALL COME TOGETHER AND HOLD A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE AND GET A NEW BODY APPROVED BY PERC TO REPRESENT YOU AND ME.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

06-20-2007, 08:27 AM
TO THE BROTHER AND SISTER LAW ENFORCEMENT DEPUTIES,

AS HAS BEEN SAID HERE, THE LE DEPUTIES NEED A NEW BARGAINING UNION SEPARATE FROM SERGEANTS AND LIEUTENANTS. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PERSONALITIES, PAST ISSUES, OR WHO IS IN CONTROL AT PBA.

WHAT THIS IS ABOUT IS HAVING A REPRESENTION BODY LED BY AND SOLELY FOR LE DEPUTIES. THIS SEPARATE BODY INSURES DEPUTIES' ISSUES ARE CONSIDERED TIMELY AND EQUALLY. THAT CONTRACT NEGIOATION ISSUES CONCERNING DEPUTIES HAVE EQUAL FOOTING AS SERGEANTS AND LIEUTENANTS. THIS IS A INSTITUTIONAL DESIGN CHANGE THAT GUARANTEES DEPUTIES' CONFIDENCE IN THEIR UNION REPS AND LEADERSHIP.

WE ALL MUST POOL TOGETHER AND SEPARATE UNION GROUPS AND HAVE A SEPARATE LEADER.

AS A START TO THIS PROCESS, I NOMINATE JOHN COGBURN TO LEAD US. HE IS EXACTLY THE RIGHT TYPE OF LEADER AND REPRESENTATIVE THE LAW ENFORCEMENT MEN AND WOMEN NEED HERE. HE IS POPULAR AND WELL RESPECTED WITH HIS PEERS AND THE ADMINISTRATION HAS A RESPECTFUL FEAR OF HIM.

LET'S PUT AWAY THE SNIPING COMMENTS ABOUT KAZ AND MACAFEE OR ANYONE PERSON. LET US ALL COME TOGETHER AND HOLD A VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE AND GET A NEW BODY APPROVED BY PERC TO REPRESENT YOU AND ME.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

06-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Why are you all writing bad things about me. I take plenty of time off the golf course to take care of yous.

I'll take of you big guy!

06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Funny part is I'm here at the Police Games in Sarasota and everyone is saying how the PBA Sux. I remember years ago when the Palm Beach Post wanted Ernie George to release the records of where our PBA Monies go, he refused. The PBA exists only to make those on the top happy with huge salaries, travel benifits and lots more. They can care two hoots about us. It is DEFINATELY time for change.

FOP, IUPA, TEAMSTERS, I don't care, lets try any of them.

06-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Funny part is I'm here at the Police Games in Sarasota and everyone is saying how the PBA Sux. I remember years ago when the Palm Beach Post wanted Ernie George to release the records of where our PBA Monies go, he refused. The PBA exists only to make those on the top happy with huge salaries, travel benifits and lots more. They can care two hoots about us. It is DEFINATELY time for change.

FOP, IUPA, TEAMSTERS, I don't care, lets try any of them.

The results are official. Detective Michael Bianchi has been nominated to lead a future new and separate bargaining unit for all law enforcement deputies.

We are now going to ask for a special session to cause an action for a CONFIDENCE VOTE.

We are asking all PBA union members to make a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE in the current configuration and leadership at PBC PBA. Once this occurs, we will cause an action for a separate union led by our future PBA President, Michael Bianchi.

Once we have our own separate union composed of and led by deputies, we will have what we have always asked for: FAIRNESS, RESPECT, EQUAL REPRESENTATION, NO FAVORITISM, NO SPECIAL TRAVEL TRIPS OR BEER PARTIES WITH OUR DUES. Additionally, we will have a transparent organizational union, with open financial records, unlike what we have today (currently our dues pay for A LOT of non-union and personal activities and items, that's why the financial records can not be viewed by anyone, even you).

We are awaiting President-elect (future) Bianchi to establish a committee and further instructions to move forward.

This is a great and historical day for all regular deputies throughout PBSO. Congrats to all of us and a BIG THANK YOU to Detective Michael Bianchi for stepping out and standing up for us.

06-23-2007, 03:17 PM
You guys are truly unbelieveable. First we have a nameless Disc Jockey here afraid to post his name or run for office. Then we have John Cogburn, then Mike Bianchi. If you truly want support, get your facts straight before posting. This appears to be the same ol thing , just new names. You need to be sure of the post because you are never going to get any support this way. Same ol' thing, just different names.

06-23-2007, 11:46 PM
The results are official. Detective Michael Bianchi has been nominated to lead a future new and separate bargaining unit for all law enforcement deputies.

We are now going to ask for a special session to cause an action for a CONFIDENCE VOTE.

We are asking all PBA union members to make a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE in the current configuration and leadership at PBC PBA. Once this occurs, we will cause an action for a separate union led by our future PBA President, Michael Bianchi.

Once we have our own separate union composed of and led by deputies, we will have what we have always asked for: FAIRNESS, RESPECT, EQUAL REPRESENTATION, NO FAVORITISM, NO SPECIAL TRAVEL TRIPS OR BEER PARTIES WITH OUR DUES. Additionally, we will have a transparent organizational union, with open financial records, unlike what we have today (currently our dues pay for A LOT of non-union and personal activities and items, that's why the financial records can not be viewed by anyone, even you).

We are awaiting President-elect (future) Bianchi to establish a committee and further instructions to move forward.

This is a great and historical day for all regular deputies throughout PBSO. Congrats to all of us and a BIG THANK YOU to Detective Michael Bianchi for stepping out and standing up for us.

07-05-2007, 12:36 AM

07-05-2007, 12:59 AM
You have got to be kidding. Why would anyone want to support a virtual unknown DS and someone who has absolutely NO experience in contract nego., union business, etc. You have got to be kidding.

07-05-2007, 03:15 AM
You have got to be kidding. Why would anyone want to support a virtual unknown DS and someone who has absolutely NO experience in contract nego., union business, etc. You have got to be kidding.

No, we are NOT KIDDING. Having a respected, but political unknown isthe clean sweep we need. No baggage. No bad reputations. Nothing bad going in. Just respect of his peers. Peers. That is the point.

The law enforcement deputies, not sergeants or lieutenant, need a peer to lead them in their issues.

We need representation. We need fairness. We need accountability. Ever read about the issues here on the PBA books? Ever here anyone from PBA explain or defend the books issue? Nope. And you will not. Why? Because it is a verifible fact that the dues monies are not being accounted for or properly used. If the accounting records were released to the members for inspection, there would be demands for investigation by the state PBA and demands for immediate removal of Kaz and Mac.

If you do not believe me, fine. OK. I understand. We are all cops and need to see for ourselves. So, go to the PBA hall. Ask to see the books. If they do not know you, show them your active PBA card. The answer is no.

Think about it. It is all about the dollar. Look how much money is going in each pay day. Do you get special perks? Nope. Do you get event tickets for you and your significant other? Nope? Do you get golfing passes? Nope. Do you get invited to trips and away events? Nope. Do you get invited to select parties? Nope. Do you get gifts and other toys? Nope. Neither do I.

So, that is a big reason we must sent a message today and now. Together we can make the change at PBA.

07-05-2007, 03:27 AM
I am a PBA Rep. I am working each day to make changes. I am working each day for every member of the union and PBSO. I am not hiding behind my computer. If you have problems with the local PBA, contact the state PBA and file a complaint. Contact PERC and file a complaint. This is the way to correct things, not some useless vote that will mean absolutely nothing to anyone. Grow up and do thinsg right.

07-05-2007, 03:39 AM
I am a PBA Rep. I am working each day to make changes. I am working each day for every member of the union and PBSO. I am not hiding behind my computer. If you have problems with the local PBA, contact the state PBA and file a complaint. Contact PERC and file a complaint. This is the way to correct things, not some useless vote that will mean absolutely nothing to anyone. Grow up and do thinsg right.

If you truly are a rep you would be proud to post your name. You are a defender of a broke system. Explain the books? Have you've seen them? Why not? We are taking control of the problems and starting to solve them on 07-07-07. If you are a rep, then rep for us. Don't defend abuse and misuse.

07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Ya'll have been told how to begin fixing the problems with the current admin of the PBA, but you refuse to do it the correct way...why?...because it won't get you the immediate results you want? Because the correct way takes time, gets the answers you all seek AND amy just get you what you want in the end? Amazing!! And what are you going to do IF your little vote works against you and your vote for your new PBA won't be recognized? What then...have you 'right-nowers' looked into any of that before you possibly screw yourselves into a very tight hole? :?: :roll:

07-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Btw...has anyone here made any type of contact with the main PBA or PERC? Before anyone goes off and does something that could affect your efforts, have you found out if you will even be recognized as a somewhat offshoot from the main local PBA? As it stands that local PBA represents all....as one party.... under the leadership of present. But you all deciding to make MB your Rep/President elect...can it be done and recognized or are you wasting time and efforts??????????????? Who has taken the time to get the answers? At this point you have 2 days before you want people to turn in forms...get the truth & honest answers and then how about you post the answers to the question.

07-05-2007, 02:34 PM
[quote="PBA REP":1v997lz8]I am a PBA Rep. I am working each day to make changes. I am working each day for every member of the union and PBSO. I am not hiding behind my computer. If you have problems with the local PBA, contact the state PBA and file a complaint. Contact PERC and file a complaint. This is the way to correct things, not some useless vote that will mean absolutely nothing to anyone. Grow up and do thinsg right.

If you truly are a rep you would be proud to post your name. You are a defender of a broke system. Explain the books? Have you've seen them? Why not? We are taking control of the problems and starting to solve them on 07-07-07. If you are a rep, then rep for us. Don't defend abuse and misuse.[/quote:1v997lz8]

Posted: 07/05/07 07:11:21 Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya'll have been told how to begin fixing the problems with the current admin of the PBA, but you refuse to do it the correct way...why?...because it won't get you the immediate results you want? Because the correct way takes time, gets the answers you all seek AND amy just get you what you want in the end? Amazing!! And what are you going to do IF your little vote works against you and your vote for your new PBA won't be recognized? What then...have you 'right-nowers' looked into any of that before you possibly screw yourselves into a very tight hole?

I rest my case (If you truly are a rep you would be proud to post your name. You are a defender of a broke system. Explain the books?)

Gentlemen, there are a lot of people that are FOKs (friends of Kaz) or FOMs (friends of Mac) who will some on here lie who they are, what they represent, and put false information on how to solve our issues. Don't be fooled. The Kazs and Macs want us not to do anything and want to keep the system in check because they continue to misuse and abuse our dues monies and have a great time at our expense.

What a great job Kaz has. He has been gone for two and a half weeks, came back and is gone again for two weeks again. Wow. What a great job.

On 07-07-07, we are sending a message to the PBA by having every LE D/S submit a release from PBA. What I believe will happen is within one month of the majority of the membership requesting a release, change will occur because Kaz and the PBA can not afford for that to happen. He can not afford for the State to come and intervene. He can not afford to have a large sign of no confidence to exist. Trust me, he will be forced to deal and change, including creating a special session for a by-law change, creating our own president of LE deputies (bargaining unit) within PBA. Then, we are back in. That simple. It will show him we are united. And we demand to see the financial records and have accountability for spending our dues.

Is that unreasonable? No. No one is to blame for this except for 2 people's arrogance, Kaz and Mac.

07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
You misread my question or statement... in ref to getting answers b4-hand. I am not a FOK or FOM...actually I have no interest in any of this as it does not affect me, at the present time. I am a civilian workerbee. I have an interest in seeing that my road patrol co-workers get a fair and honest shake and representation...THAT is why I ask that you all have gotten answers b4 you might hurt yourselves in the long run. WHY give Kaz ammunition against you, rd toads, if your efforts are not done correctly.

08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
We need to create a new PBA. Get rid of Kaz and send him back as a road sergeant. Stop the extra $43,000 a year PBA salary incentive he gets. Stop the free cars. Stop the free trips around the country. Stop the free expensive dinners. Retire Ernie for real this time. Get the fat Mack attack out of the PBA hall eating all the free candy bars (jesus Mack you are going to freaking die from a heart attack if you don't stop eating everything).

We need a great speaker, leader, and friend who can be fair to the entire membership and be impartial. The days of feeling sorry over the loss of his daughter are over. The PBA has needs Kaz can't deliver on.

Our problems are not mostly with the Sheriff or Col G, really but with the PBA leaders and their closed doors actions.

Open the books. Open them now! What are you afraid of Kaz and Mack?

08-10-2009, 06:35 PM
I've got an idea.

your thoughts?

I was there when the Sheriff walked into the room where we were negotiating our contract and gave us everything. The PBA didn't open their mouth; everything we go was because of the Sheriff, not the union.
Better Idea , get rid of burt and ernie , that would be the best thing you could do for the money .

08-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Why are you all writing bad things about me. I take plenty of time off the golf course to take care of yous.

I'll take of you big guy!
I am with big guy , and Kaz , it is to late to back track , you have been taking care of yourself and your buddies and it has caught up with you now. You need to ride off into the sunset bud .

08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
For what it's worth, the Fraternal Order of Police is still the biggest National Police labor Organization with great resources. The are very powerfull in Florida too. Locally the FOP has a roaming lodge 3200, which is growing and is now comprised of a few hundred retired NYPD officers that live in Florida. They can be very influential and have quite a loud voice for us.

The local PBSO Lodge 50, was named after Jim Fogleman who died in the line of duty many years ago. The membership has dramatically decreased because the PBA had the Sheriff cut the automatic dues deductions from the paychecks in an effort to kill the FOP. They survived and even with the few members they had, they were able to defend a deputy sheriff (Keith Burns) through his trial and won his case. This deputy had the PBA representing him first. However, they wanted him to take a plea deal. The D/S wanted his day in court. The PBA dropped him cold for not following their suggestion. (There is much more evil stuff in the real story).

Regardless of how you feel about the Burns case one thing is clear. The FOP stepped up to the plate for its member fought hard and won the case for him! Many of you have forgotten that. Join the FOP, get involved and make it a great organization. It is YOUR FRATERNAL ORDER of POLICE.They still have general membership meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Come out to one. Also dues are cheaper and you don't have to give up vaction time for golf outings. FOP members decide on who gets legal help not a board of directors who may have their own interest at heart.

08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
For what it's worth, the Fraternal Order of Police is still the biggest National Police labor Organization with great resources. The are very powerfull in Florida too. Locally the FOP has a roaming lodge 3200, which is growing and is now comprised of a few hundred retired NYPD officers that live in Florida. They can be very influential and have quite a loud voice for us.

The local PBSO Lodge 50, was named after Jim Fogleman who died in the line of duty many years ago. The membership has dramatically decreased because the PBA had the Sheriff cut the automatic dues deductions from the paychecks in an effort to kill the FOP. They survived and even with the few members they had, they were able to defend a deputy sheriff (Keith Burns) through his trial and won his case. This deputy had the PBA representing him first. However, they wanted him to take a plea deal. The D/S wanted his day in court. The PBA dropped him cold for not following their suggestion. (There is much more evil stuff in the real story).

Regardless of how you feel about the Burns case one thing is clear. The FOP stepped up to the plate for its member fought hard and won the case for him! Many of you have forgotten that. Join the FOP, get involved and make it a great organization. It is YOUR FRATERNAL ORDER of POLICE.They still have general membership meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. Come out to one. Also dues are cheaper and you don't have to give up vaction time for golf outings. FOP members decide on who gets legal help not a board of directors who may have their own interest at heart.

Where is the FOP office located? Thanks

08-12-2009, 01:41 AM

Where is the FOP office located? Thanks
what FOP does not have is a committe of golf buddies that cater to the good old boys , dinners , trips , vacations , and privet events , so where is the FOP office , good choice take your money and put it where it is not abused . ][/b][/b]

08-12-2009, 03:25 PM
FOPLodge50.org

The lodge is located at:
885 62nd Drive N. West Palm Beach, FL 33416

(Just West of the Elks Club on the South side of Belvedere Rd. Just East of Jog Rd)

Tomorrow, after the services, they're hosting a Memorial Gathering of family, friends, fellow deputies, for recently the departed former PBSO Deputy Wexler.

08-14-2009, 03:35 AM
If you were hired by PBSO and did not come here under a new city contract, I can understand your complaints. For one, your opportunity for promotion is slim to none. With so many supervisors coming over from contracts you need to be in the top five or it's a total waste of time. Now we are looking to negotiate with West Palm Beach further damaging any chances you as a hired PBSO Deputy have of moving forward.Your PBA President could care less. They care about power and control. Nothing more and nothing less. John has really changed over the last few years. Once you become that politician you lose the sole you once had. I remember when he really cared.
I went to the last two meetings and heard the complaints about this very issue and how the hired rank and file are being squeezed to make these mergers. The PBA could care less.
Dealing with the PBA Attorneys is about the only saving grace. They are good people. It just takes an act of god to talk with them or get John to do anything.
What I truly find interesting is the Sheriff has been quoted as saying he did not approach West Palm Beach about a merger. Who gave Ernie and John the green light to talk with the City commissioners? Do they represent the Sheriff or the Sheriff's Office employees. There seems to be a Conflict of Interest. Once again, the dirty politics of Palm Beach County.
I wish the very best to our brothers in blue but I am one that hopes this merger does not happen... :cop: :

08-15-2009, 01:22 PM
If you were hired by PBSO and did not come here under a new city contract, I can understand your complaints. For one, your opportunity for promotion is slim to none. With so many supervisors coming over from contracts you need to be in the top five or it's a total waste of time. Now we are looking to negotiate with West Palm Beach further damaging any chances you as a hired PBSO Deputy have of moving forward.Your PBA President could care less. They care about power and control. Nothing more and nothing less. John has really changed over the last few years. Once you become that politician you lose the sole you once had. I remember when he really cared.
I went to the last two meetings and heard the complaints about this very issue and how the hired rank and file are being squeezed to make these mergers. The PBA could care less.
Dealing with the PBA Attorneys is about the only saving grace. They are good people. It just takes an act of god to talk with them or get John to do anything.
What I truly find interesting is the Sheriff has been quoted as saying he did not approach West Palm Beach about a merger. Who gave Ernie and John the green light to talk with the City commissioners? Do they represent the Sheriff or the Sheriff's Office employees. There seems to be a Conflict of Interest. Once again, the dirty politics of Palm Beach County.
I wish the very best to our brothers in blue but I am one that hopes this merger does not happen... :cop: :

Yes , and that is to be expected , you get dirty politics when the top dog is a POLITICIAN , elected official who only interest is to be elected again , that is why the FOG has got out of control , and gained the power.

08-15-2009, 11:36 PM
I dont believe the City of West Palm Beach will merge this year; however for the years 2010-2011 is up for grabs. The city of WPB has reached it tax rate and can't bleed anymore money from it's citizens. If PBSO can save the City five million dollars and incur liabilty this would be a relief for the City, not to mention whats going on behind the scene's with PBA and current and future council members.The Mayor will be gone due to term limits and the protection for Chief Bush is gone. The issue is weather Chief Bush will come over as a Major under the Bradshaw administartion or retire. What rank will the assistant chiefs and captains come over as? The good thing about a possible merger with WPBPD is a larger agency with less hersay from the FOG because the agency will possibly be to big for him to have his fingers in day-to-day operations (wishful thinking). The down side is the more agencies that merge affects promotions and senority up/down the chain. Current promotions on both the SGT and LT list is up for grabs. Can anybody with viable information about future promotions share their information (Latest rumor). The reason i mention"rumor" is because the current sheriff is tight lipped. :roll:

08-17-2009, 12:34 AM
I dont believe the City of West Palm Beach will merge this year; however for the years 2010-2011 is up for grabs. The city of WPB has reached it tax rate and can't bleed anymore money from it's citizens. If PBSO can save the City five million dollars and incur liabilty this would be a relief for the City, not to mention whats going on behind the scene's with PBA and current and future council members.The Mayor will be gone due to term limits and the protection for Chief Bush is gone. The issue is weather Chief Bush will come over as a Major under the Bradshaw administartion or retire. What rank will the assistant chiefs and captains come over as? The good thing about a possible merger with WPBPD is a larger agency with less hersay from the FOG because the agency will possibly be to big for him to have his fingers in day-to-day operations (wishful thinking). The down side is the more agencies that merge affects promotions and senority up/down the chain. Current promotions on both the SGT and LT list is up for grabs. Can anybody with viable information about future promotions share their information (Latest rumor). The reason i mention"rumor" is because the current sheriff is tight lipped. :roll:
Your quote is good , but I do think the "stuff" meaning scandals and violations are going away , and are pinching the current sheriff credibility . The biggest problem is the fat FOG is a anchor on big Ric's leg and will eventually bring him down .I also do not feel a merger would be smooth or wanted if the fog and his foggers are still there .