PDA

View Full Version : NYPD

05-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm a current NYPD officer looking to move to Florida for a pay raise and warm weather, I see alot of agencies hiring down there. Could you please point me in the right direction such as larger vs smaller P.D.s. How are the smaller ones along the ocean ? Thanks. I dream of wearing shorts to work and looking at the ocean, please help.

05-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Please don't! We have enough of you down here as it is and we have all been told COUNTLESS times how much better it is up there. Stay there and enjoy it.

05-27-2007, 04:11 PM
As you can see most of the southern cops are **** They have no respest for other officers or their families. The only good thing about FL is the weather. Most of the peolpe that live here are rude and uneducated. Alot of crime to.

05-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Several retired NYPD cops that have come here here for a 2nd career are now "halfbacks (people who moved here from the north and have since moved half way back)." The property insurance and property taxes have caused the reverse migration. Florida legislators have scheduled a special session for next month to attempt to do something about the property taxes. The homeowners insurance "fix" wasn't what people expected. Numerous NY cops have since relocated to NC, Alabama, SC, & GA

05-27-2007, 08:13 PM
You may think that "southern cops" are **** but they at least seem to be better at spelling than you are. As far as respect...that is a two way street. You seem to have none for "southern cops", so that makes it even. I quess drawing a "total disability" pension from a northern department because you can't work as a cop and then working as one in Florida deserves a lot of respect also. More like typical northern corruption.

05-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Dude everyone with a badge deserves respect. i dont care if your form New York OR Ohio You deserve respect, and a break from a dam ticket!

05-27-2007, 09:35 PM
UNREAL!!!! Someone coes on here to ask about working down here..is a fellow Officer, and people on here cannot be nice for a second...way to tarnish Officers reputations down here. The man asked a question and gets bashed for it.
I will say this...you will get a raise probably for sure coming from NYPD, I hear their pay is horrible, and the weather here is great despite the severe lack of rain we are having..BUT taxes and the real estate market suck right now. It is true alot of NYPD are looking more north towards Ocala or even Georgia or Tenn. BUT if you want to work near the Ocean, there are plenty of agencies to check into here if Palm Beach County is the County you want to stick in...such as Jupiter, Juno Beach, North Palm, but PBSO you are not going to just be put on the Marine Unit asap.
So check into the different cities down here on Google..and see for yourself. Good luck and be safe!

05-27-2007, 10:26 PM
I won't let the first answer sour me, Thanks to everyone else that helped me out.

As we say in N.Y. " Fagett about it " . Be safe.

05-28-2007, 02:29 AM
I won't let the first answer sour me, Thanks to everyone else that helped me out.

As we say in N.Y. " Fagett about it " . Be safe.

I have to 2nd the suggestion about teh Ocala, Central Florida area. hte cost of lving is MUCH lower there, ie homes.....MUCH LESS. You still get some sense of the season changing, and its not too far fromt he ocean if you want it. I would easily recommend staying north of Orlando....pick a coast....Gulf side is less expensive but most things are in central/north florida. But id you want to come this far south, come on down, we can always use another experienced cop. Especially one whjo knows the meaning of the privledge called "professional courtesy".

06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
As you can see most of the southern cops are **** They have no respest for other officers or their families. The only good thing about FL is the weather. Most of the peolpe that live here are rude and uneducated. Alot of crime to.

That’s funny thanks to you guys coming down here and jacking up the house prices 99%of "people down here" or "southern cops" are formerly from the New York New Jersey area. Sooo your saying that the people from new York/Jersy are rude uneducated???? For the first time I agree with a Yankee.

If New York is sooo great, why is all of New York /New Jersey down here????? I-95 North and please bring a friend

06-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Nypd No hubcaps on cars, Mcdonald bags jammed in car, Ac does not work Dashboards with ketchup on them. Lieutenants arrested by IAB right after roll call , after they preach professionalism and ethics to you.

06-02-2007, 07:32 PM
That’s funny thanks to you guys coming down here and jacking up the house prices 99%of "people down here" or "southern cops" are formerly from the New York New Jersey areaThat’s funny thanks to you guys coming down here and jacking up the house prices 99%of "people down here" or "southern cops" are formerly from the New York New Jersey area

I think you need to take a english/grammer class. Thank you for proving my point.

06-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Nypd- Roll call joking ends with Assault and battery Charges, Ambulance response and suspensions. And enemies for life

Pbso- Line up Joking ends with laughing

Nypd arrests take 7 - 11 hours

Pbso Arrests take 1 to 2 hours

06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
who are you joking and where do you work....not at pbso

06-06-2007, 01:26 AM
"Ha" is obviously one of those who doesn't make arrests. He hides behind buildings and reads while his comrads do the work. Them he goes home to his computer and continues posting