PDA

View Full Version : Deferred Comp

05-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I see the Thread about the derfrred comp was deleted. Does anyone know why we are switching to the Hartford Group. Was the deleted thread true? Funny it seeems that all the true threads about the PBA get deleted and the true answers are never posted. These backroom deals have to stop. The majority need to take control and clean house with the PBA executive staff. Not all of them are out for themselves, but it is obvious who is.

05-28-2007, 02:33 AM
I see the Thread about the derfrred comp was deleted. Does anyone know why we are switching to the Hartford Group. Was the deleted thread true? Funny it seeems that all the true threads about the PBA get deleted and the true answers are never posted. These backroom deals have to stop. The majority need to take control and clean house with the PBA executive staff. Not all of them are out for themselves, but it is obvious who is.

Careful now....YOUR THREAD is gonna get yanked ! ! :roll:

05-28-2007, 02:43 AM
The PBA had nothing to do with the Hartford Group handling the defered comp. They bid on the contract along with Nationwide and Valic. Hartford won. They gave us the best deal. I've been with PEBSCO/Nationwide for over 15 years. During that time they have taken THOUSANDS of my dollars for their "fees"; WITHOUT telling me!! Ask them to see your "total financial earnings prior to fee", you'll be amazed how much of YOUR money has gone into their pocket. With one provider, Hartford can offer a better deal to all of us. Just like with health insurance. If Cigna gets the entire agency, we get a better deal. Simple economics.

05-29-2007, 06:41 PM
So now for whatever reason that we are all merging to Hartford, what happens to people who were in Valic or other companies for the last 10+ years. These companies are probably not going to allow you to remove your money and roll it into another company without taking a MASSIVE HIT. So are we supposed to leave all that money with our original companies and start from scratch with Hartford??? That doesn't seem very fair.

Anyone have the answer?

05-29-2007, 07:51 PM
To answer your question. ALL of your money will be transfered to Hartford WITHOUT PENALTIES!! If you have money in a certain "fund" with Valic or Nationwide and Hartford doesn't have that fund; ask them and they will get it. You will NOT notice any change in service. The only thing you will notice, is that you will have MORE MONEY in your account, because Hartford isn't taking out any fees. Trust me, the bean counters (CEO Foreman) and the upper brass looked at this thing 20 different ways. The Sheriff isn't going to let anyone get hurt with this change. It's all good!

06-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks, question answered, sounds logical. I just hope your right.