PDA

View Full Version : SO to SO transfer

05-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I hear a lot of great things about your Sheriff's Office and I'm thinking of moving to your county. I am Lieutenant from a South/Eastern county in Florida with many years of experience in every field of law enforcement. Does your agency take lateral transfers for LT? I know your Sheriff (like ours) has hired Captains (Roy Arigo) but I was not too sure about LT's.
I've got a great rep. and I'm known as a very fair individual (COPS COP).
By reading some of your subjects I can say that your agency is not too different then most other SO's. To be honest you people have much less problems then most especially my SO. Thanks for your assistance

Paparazzi LEO
05-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Hypothetically it could happen but in reality I doubt it. People work their entire careers to be able to be promoted; the higher the rank, the fewer the chances of promotion. So why would the Sheriff give up an opportunity to someone who has worked hard and is dedicated for so many years to someone who he has never met before?

I know he has done that with some other positions in the agency but that was due in part to a specific position. The person filling it was more qualified with experience and education than those already in-house. In most cases, the person filling the position was taking a step down from their current position elsewhere.

I have heard that there is an ex-police chief from up north pushing a green and white as a slick sleeve deputy in one of the districts. We have a lot of talent from other agencies and most start out as a deputy but quickly move up based on their expertise.

If I were you I would stay where I am at and retire, then come over here and collect a second paycheck like all the others :)

Curios George
05-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I agree Papa. Things would have to be pretty bad for me to take a pay cut and lose an opportunity for my 3 highest years of pay. I think I would just tuff it out as a LT!

I think you would have a betetr shot at keeping your rank at a smaller department. Look at Marco, they need the help and leadership!

05-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Sir,
I would urge you to come to the CCSO whether you remain an LT or not. As long as you can transition well (from LT to Deputy) you will be happy you did. The OT here is great, if you work details, and you will find yourself moving back up the chain in a matter or two years or so. I am not sure how much time you have left. You would not be the first LT to demote himself to road Deputy. We all wear the same uniform and we would love to have you...especially after having indicated you are a COP's COP.

05-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Sir,
I would urge you to come to the CCSO whether you remain an LT or not. As long as you can transition well (from LT to Deputy) you will be happy you did. The OT here is great, if you work details, and you will find yourself moving back up the chain in a matter or two years or so. I am not sure how much time you have left. You would not be the first LT to demote himself to road Deputy. We all wear the same uniform and we would love to have you...especially after having indicated you are a COP's COP.

You guys are at least very honest and I like that. I was right when I said there was alot of good things I liked about your agency. Thanks for the info and remember take care of each other when your out there because no matter what happens, and even if you hate someone you work with when the chips are down we are all brothers of law enforcement. Never forget that and watch each others backs.