PDA

View Full Version : Eliminate the Park Rangers

05-24-2007, 03:07 AM
I wonder how much money the county could save by eliminating the park rangers? There is no need for them since the parks dept. already contracts to PBSO. This is just a very costly duplication of services.

05-24-2007, 01:59 PM
You better hide Yogi......the Power Ranger is coming to get you.

05-26-2007, 03:20 AM
I think we should absorb them.

05-26-2007, 09:19 AM
I think we should absorb them.

It's a contract. That's why it is the way it is. I am glad too, because it is a great place to finish off a career.

06-02-2007, 03:23 AM
The entire parks unit contract should be dissolved. The county could save a lot of money here. Sector cars could handle the problems.

06-02-2007, 09:25 PM
The entire parks unit contract should be dissolved. The county could save a lot of money here. Sector cars could handle the problems.

Palm Beach COunty Parks and Recreation PAYS for teh deputies in Parks...Thats why they dont handle stuff outside the parks....it doesnt come ot of the SO budget.....If Parks was disolved, PBSO wouldnt gain 5 cents from it.

06-12-2007, 07:19 PM
rangers are usually trained in ecology and other nature related studies.
when i take my kid to a park, i don't want some deputy reading a newspaper in his squad car. i want to be able to ask questions about the plants or wildlife from someone who knows.
deputies and rangers aren't the same thing, don't know the same things, don't do the same things etc.
don't mess with the rangers.
in case you forgot...
Walker is a ranger.
get it
got it
good

06-12-2007, 08:08 PM

Do you have enough on your plate already? And you want more? You must not go call to call like District 1. You must be in District 7!!!!!!

06-13-2007, 01:19 AM

Do you have enough on your plate already? And you want more? You must not go call to call like District 1. You must be in District 7!!!!!!

Yea right ! ! The parks would NEVER see a deputy and you would be working 21-V out the ying-yang.

06-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I see the final answer would be for our commissioners to dissolve the Parks Ranger positions. This is a duplication of services that is not necessary. This would save the county several million dollars. Another cost saving measure is to eliminate the Parks Unit here at PBSO. They serve no genuine function and this could be merged into Road Patrol functions. With the influx of the additional Deputies, the sectors could be reduced and parks patrolled with more frequency then they are now. Millions of dollars would be saved. Parks Deputies would actually have to work too. A win-win situation for all. Save money and more efficient patrols.

06-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Hey Yogi, I understand your way of thinking. In fact I probably thought the same way for most of my 20 years here. But, I have actually learned about what the Parks Deputies actually do over the past year or so and I realized that I was wrong. If you would like a full explanation and a little education, stop by the Sheriff's Office Parks office in John Prince Park. My desk is the first one on the right as soon as you enter the office. Not the first office, the first desk. I would be happy to explain the whole operation to you so you could post your information next time with all the facts in line. Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, but don't you think it should be an informed one? I would be honored to even buy you breakfast or lunch as we talk. I would like to meet with you one COP to another the way it was done in the old days. This message is sent brother officer to brother or sister officer with no malice or ill feelings intended. I will not respond to this post again, but I present the same invitation to anyone that wants to accept.

06-17-2007, 02:20 AM
dont get offended. park rangers simply know more about ecology and nature than the cop sitting in his air conditioned green and white reading his newspaper

06-17-2007, 02:38 AM
yogi, I said I would not reply again, sorry I could not help myself I am not offended. I think you need to understand the operation before you attempt to dismantle it. I did a little research, I know who you are.(ISP stuff public record) I prettty much identified myself... Which can I buy you breakfast or lunch?

06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
YOGI ISNT ANTI DEPUTY OR PRO RANGER. PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE THAT PARKS IS A CONTRACT THAT DOESNT COST PBSO ANYTHING AND THE DEPUTIES THAT WORK IN PARKS ARE DOING GOOD WORK. WHEN PEOPLE SAY "I NEVER HEAR THEM DOING ANYTHING", THEY DON'T REALIZE THAT THE REASON WHY THERE AREN'T MORE CALLS IN THE PARKS IS BECAUSE OF THE PARKS DEPUTIES CONSTANT PATROLLING.
PLEASE DONT THINK I'M ATTACKING PARKS DEPUTIES BUT AT THE SAME TIME, PARK USERS WANT AND NEED THE RANGERS FOR A DIFFERENT TYPE OF SERVICE. PARKS DEPUTIES OFTEN FACE LARGE CROWDS OF ALCOHOL PUMPED PEOPLE WITH NO IMMEDIATE BACKUP.
IT IS DEFINITELY A HARDER JOB THAN WHAT IT MIGHT SEEM

06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
yogi, I said I would not reply again, sorry I could not help myself I am not offended. I think you need to understand the operation before you attempt to dismantle it. I did a little research, I know who you are.(ISP stuff public record) I prettty much identified myself... Which can I buy you breakfast or lunch?

Hey...you never offerd to buy our lunch???? Every day is a holiday when we are in the park.....lets celebrate with lunch. 8)