PDA

View Full Version : Please help us

05-22-2007, 10:18 PM
We desperately need help on the roadways in the Tampa bay area. You literally take your life in your hands when you drive the Tampa roads. How many more people must die in Hillsborough county crashes before something is done? I 100 % agree that you all need better pay & benefits, but please don't let that stop you all from becoming aggressive on the Tampa area drivers. I have driven all over the country and within this State, and find that that Tampa drivers are absolutely the worst I have ever dealt with. I believe this is a direct result of little to no enforcement on the Tampa roads by you all. If it is a manpower problem, then the leaders of your agency need to quickly address this problem. The number of roadway deaths in the Tampa area should speak for itself................When is something going to de done?..................PLEASE!

05-22-2007, 10:24 PM
I have been informed that "AAA" and "MADD" are in the works of putting together a media release on the dire situation in Tampa, and are going to ask alot of tough questions to the leaders of FHP why the Tampa area has been neglected by FHP when so many motorists are being killed. I have a feeling some heads are going to roll at FHP. It's about time :!:

05-22-2007, 10:27 PM
That's a nice sentiment.

However, you are preaching to the choir.

Do what I did and write a "letter to the editor" of your local newspaper advocating higher pay for FHP troopers and the addition of more troopers on the highways.

Then - write to your state senator and congressman with the same demand.

Get your friends to do the same.

It takes pressure from the public to get the state government to do anything and getting more and better paid troopers is no exception.

:!:

05-23-2007, 12:57 AM
You are pitching your plea to the wrong goup. The troopers that work the road, would gladly be willing to go out and try to enforce the traffic laws. You need to call the Colonel, DHSMV Exec Director, your state rep, and the Gub-ner.
To acknowledge the low pay, morale, and other desparities as a fact, then implore us to still help, is a little, dunno, whinny.
Sorry that you are on the receiving end of poor leadership that has run an agency into turmoil. Just as we troopers have to deal with the hardship, so will you. I have to take measures to insure my financial stability, and sanity into my own hands. You must then take your safety on the road into yours. Slow down, pay attention, put the cell phone/makeup/burger down and drive. NHTSA comes out with all these reasons for crashes and such. They could save a ton of money by just admiting that 90% of people just drive like crap. Don't think cause you are the one complaining that you are a good driver. There is no doubt you suck to. Happy Motoring!

05-23-2007, 05:37 AM
You are pitching your plea to the wrong goup. The troopers that work the road, would gladly be willing to go out and try to enforce the traffic laws. You need to call the Colonel, DHSMV Exec Director, your state rep, and the Gub-ner.
To acknowledge the low pay, morale, and other desparities as a fact, then implore us to still help, is a little, dunno, whinny.
Sorry that you are on the receiving end of poor leadership that has run an agency into turmoil. Just as we troopers have to deal with the hardship, so will you. I have to take measures to insure my financial stability, and sanity into my own hands. You must then take your safety on the road into yours. Slow down, pay attention, put the cell phone/makeup/burger down and drive. NHTSA comes out with all these reasons for crashes and such. They could save a ton of money by just admiting that 90% of people just drive like crap. Don't think cause you are the one complaining that you are a good driver. There is no doubt you suck to. Happy Motoring!

Get over yourself............I guess it's wrong to expect any assistance from a Agency that I show support for and always respect? Is this how your leaders deal with the mounting death tolls..............If so I now no why things are the way they are in Tampa.

05-23-2007, 05:39 AM
I have been informed that "AAA" and "MADD" are in the works of putting together a media release on the dire situation in Tampa, and are going to ask alot of tough questions to the leaders of FHP why the Tampa area has been neglected by FHP when so many motorists are being killed. I have a feeling some heads are going to roll at FHP. It's about time :!:

That will not help. You see FHP and the state of FL pin everything on the trooper. If we are holding calls it is not because we are understaffed, it is because "lazy" troopers are taking too long on crashes. Do you now how many times I have heard supervisors come on the radio asking when a trooper can clear so they can go take another call? Thousands! I have to fight my way to the station just to turn in paperwork that is already late. FHP will say troopers need to write more tickets to curb the poor driving. Writing 20-30 a week is not enough and you need to step it up even though we give you horrible work schedules and near poverty pay. Go write more tickets but we give you a fully marked, super slow cruiser that screams, "HERE I AM BAD DRIVERS, BEHAVE NOW!" You must understand that everything at FHP is so messed up that nothing will ever change until we get people in charge that have a brain bigger than a walnut.

05-23-2007, 04:23 PM
The sad truth of the matter is that nobody cares. You make it sound as if this is something new, it is not. The poor driving habits and lack of enforcement is not unique to Tampa or even Florida for that matter. What the original writer of this topic needs to understand is that the average citizen just does not care, that is until a family member of theirs is killed, injured or has their vehicle totaled. Then it becomes a problem for them and then they are up in arms and pissed off. Until then they could care less. This same person only yesterday was doing 75 to 80 mph down the interstate and changing lanes without a signal and following to close like everbody else, but now they want something done about the out of control drivers. Do not even think about stopping them for speeding, following to close or anything else because they are not the problem, its always the other guy. Everbody always wants someone else stopped and cited.

As far as the satffing levels of FHP goes, if you think we have it bad here in FL. try GA. The last I heard they have around 700 Troopers in the whole state, and if you think Tampa is bad you should try Atlanta.

This whole country is out of control when it comes to driving habits. Every year in my county alone we have aprox. 225 fatalities. That is the same as having a boeing 727 crash into the ground and kill everbody on board. If that happened just once a year, just one time in this country, just one time, people would be so mad that they would demand that something be done about the airline industry and they would shut it down until there was a solution. But kill that same amount of people in one county, in one state in this country and nobody cares. Then multiply that number by 100 for all of the deaths in the country caused by vehicle crashes and its just the cost of doing business.

So Mr. or Mrs Guest Tampa driver do not come on here and blame me or any other law enforcement officer for the conditions around your town for how people drive. I write hundreads of citations a month and several thousand in a year and it does no good. I see the same people over and over again sometimes. I write a cite and they go to court and they get a with-hold of adjudication and a $50 fine with no school. Over and over and over again. We all see it and after awhile it just wears you out. Couple the lack of job satisfaction with poor working conditions and poor pay and it becoumes obvious that this whole thing is just a huge joke.

Start writing letters and join a group like MADD or do whatever you can to try and make a differnce. coming on here and blaming law enforcement is ridiculous.

05-24-2007, 06:00 AM
The poster was simply asking that command staff, what little there is at FHP, at least take a hard look at the Tampa Region. They are leading the state in many categories of traffic related deaths. I can't wait to get out of this blowhard agency because of this same attitude. God forbid we try to send a task force to Tampa or redeploy some Troopers! Hey, lets just let them keep on killing themselves and hope the citizens solve it themselves old west style..................which is pretty much already happening with the agressive drivers.

05-24-2007, 06:03 AM
IT IS NO WONDER YOU ALL DON'T GET ANY RAISES WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOUR JOB IS SUPPOSED TO STOP............................IDIOTS ON OUR ROADWAYS. I'LL REMEMBER THIS THE NEXT TIME YOU ALL NEED SUPPORT FROM ME.

05-24-2007, 11:57 AM
some of the responses on this thread are exactly why I posted on another thread. The majority of you think you are ELITE, so ELITE you dont even have to do your freaking job. You have ONE major job description, TRAFFIC, and you whine about having to do that. Did it come as a shock to you when you hired on that you would have to do TRAFFIC.

05-24-2007, 04:25 PM
some of the responses on this thread are exactly why I posted on another thread. The majority of you think you are ELITE, so ELITE you dont even have to do your freaking job. You have ONE major job description, TRAFFIC, and you whine about having to do that. Did it come as a shock to you when you hired on that you would have to do TRAFFIC.

Why dont you tell us exactly who it is that you work for Billy?

05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
IT IS NO WONDER YOU ALL DON'T GET ANY RAISES WHEN YOU OBVIOUSLY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT WHAT YOUR JOB IS SUPPOSED TO STOP............................IDIOTS ON OUR ROADWAYS. I'LL REMEMBER THIS THE NEXT TIME YOU ALL NEED SUPPORT FROM ME. Trust me you have already made clear what you think of lw enforcement. I am sure if I stopped you a wrote you aticket that you would be so happy!

05-27-2007, 05:27 AM

Who's crying about working traffic? Thats the main mission of the FHP. We can do other things but thats our main mission. 1800 troopers for the State of Florida is nothing. We need 10 times that to effectively do our job.
Give me a lone, dark stretch of highway anytime over a domestic or other calls and I'm happy. Dont blame FHP, blame the legislators of this state for funding all their pet projects and not whats really important, public safety.

05-27-2007, 08:34 PM

Get over yourself............I guess it's wrong to expect any assistance from a Agency that I show support for and always respect? Is this how your leaders deal with the mounting death tolls..............If so I now no why things are the way they are in Tampa.

I am over myself. And I am certainly over listening to the public whine anr cry about the police not doing their jobs. Babies like you are the first ones to give us grief when you get pulled over. Its not about not liking my job, and doing traffic enforcement was a suprise when I became a trooper. You county-mounties and city-kitties have it just as bad. There are no agencies in this state that will back their people up. I guarantee that if super deputy hard charger tweaks someone the wrong way, and they comlain to the sheriff, he will be on someones carpet most ricky-tik.
There isn't one cop in this state getting a decent wage. So I will say that I am sorry, if that makes you feel better for having your feathers ruffled at taking light to the crying of the public. No doubt the only thing that will give you any satisfaction, is to have a cop come by your house and tuck you in at night, wipe the drool off your lip, and pat you on the bottom. Sleep Tight...baby.

05-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Lets not forget that it is also our responsibility to raise their kids after many years of not doing it themselves :roll:

05-28-2007, 02:59 AM
The majority of you think you are ELITE

Yes, you are correct about FHP being elite. Just think of us as the Marine Corps of law enforcement.

05-28-2007, 04:42 AM

Yes, you are correct about FHP being elite. Just think of us as the Marine Corps of law enforcement.

Hooooh Raaaaah!!!!!!111

05-29-2007, 04:48 AM

BARFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

05-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Marines of LE huh? haha wow I have not laughed like that in a while.I work for an SO and had an incident with a "elite" trooper last week(had many others before this).Hit and run, driver was mexican(big surprise) no papers etc, he fled.So K-9 arrives for crash, "SUPER TROOPER" decides to go along with us, we located the perp, well instead of knowing his place and holding back while we got the idiot 10-15, mr "elite" jumps in and goes to cuff him, jose gets up and runs, can't tase because tan-man and his "elite" self was in the way.well then mr trooper runs after him, so we couldn't let the dog go...can you say DUMBASS? I have about a million other stories that shows just how "elite" FHP is.The older troopers are usually ok, they are over the academy bs and know their place on the LE totem pole...the bottom.

05-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Marines of LE huh? haha wow I have not laughed like that in a while.I work for an SO and had an incident with a "elite" trooper last week(had many others before this).Hit and run, driver was mexican(big surprise) no papers etc, he fled.So K-9 arrives for crash, "SUPER TROOPER" decides to go along with us, we located the perp, well instead of knowing his place and holding back while we got the idiot 10-15, mr "elite" jumps in and goes to cuff him, jose gets up and runs, can't tase because tan-man and his "elite" self was in the way.well then mr trooper runs after him, so we couldn't let the dog go...can you say DUMBASS? I have about a million other stories that shows just how "elite" FHP is.The older troopers are usually ok, they are over the academy bs and know their place on the LE totem pole...the bottom.

So what your saying is the trooper caught him without having to go to the hospital and wait for him to be stitched up from a dog bite befpre going to jail or get caught up in a use of force report. What was he thinking.

05-31-2007, 03:45 AM
no, we actually ended up catching him.Jose got up and ran when mr "elite" attempted to cuff him, then he ran after him instead of us letting the dog get his ass.you act like the dog biting some scumbag is a bad thing.must be FHP.

05-31-2007, 04:58 AM
no, we actually ended up catching him.Jose got up and ran when mr "elite" attempted to cuff him, then he ran after him instead of us letting the dog get his arse.you act like the dog biting some scumbag is a bad thing.must be FHP.

No, its not a bad thing. Personally it sucks to have to sit around an ER 1-2 hours and wait for scum bag to be stitched up. Been there done that.

05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
If a poll was done of Judges, attorneys, defendants and citizens in general, asking to rank Law Enforcement agencies by professionalism. The result would be #1 State Agencies, #2 County Agencies and last City Agencies. This is the reality. Like it or not.

06-01-2007, 03:29 AM
If a poll was done of Judges, attorneys, defendants and citizens in general, asking to rank Law Enforcement agencies by professionalism. The result would be #1 State Agencies, #2 County Agencies and last City Agencies. This is the reality. Like it or not.

I'm sure you are the master of poll opinions right? I think when you look at your pay my friend, you will see where the people rank you..... :lol: :lol:

06-01-2007, 07:35 AM

I'm sure you are the master of poll opinions right? I think when you look at your pay my friend, you will see where the people rank you..... :lol: :lol:

And when you look at the respect that you get versus what a state trooper gets, you know where you are ranked as well. I think thats what brings you to this forum isnt it. I hear a barking dog keeping the neighborhood up, you better get on it.